Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 2nd Half Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Teams know how to beat the Cowboys.
Dallas isn't going far even if they win the division.
We're just too elementary, too basic in our offense.
Our quarterback can't handle blitzes and refuses to run.
And our defense gives up big plays ... against Broncos and Raiders and Saints (none with scary offenses).
Imagine what occurs if we must play the Bucs, Rams, Cardinals or Packers?
This coaching staff and our quarterback (as much as I like him) aren't giving me much confidence.
I hope they can restore my faith, but I doubt it.

Dre11

Reaction score
I know but look how every team defends us right now.. Man to man.

I’d have Pollard and Zeke both running option routes and Texas routes.

This I agree with, can we see a wheel route to Pollard

fivetwos

Reaction score
Looking at the last 4 or 5 weeks objectively leads me to the same conclusion as well. Our offensive line has been badly beaten in nearly every game we have played recently. It makes it extremely difficult for an offense to function when their offensive line is playing so poorly. Our running game has begun to negatively affect our passing game. We are throwing into loaded coverages because we are incapable of more than a 2 or 3 yard rush against a 6 man front.

I do not know why this is happening. On paper, Zach Martin and Tyron have been very good this year. In fact, pro football focus has them ranked as the second and fourth best offensive linemen in all of football right now. Their system isn't perfect, but they cannot be playing poorly and achieve that grading. It is simply impossible. I think the main issue is that Biadasz is really struggling to move people at center. He gets zero push and doesn't seem to have an amazing feel for orchestrating protections or dealing with run blitzes. McGovern/ Williams have been very up and down. Collins has surprisingly just been bad. He is not getting push in the run game and is often getting blasted into Dak's lap in the passing game. I do not know wha to do to fix it. I think we need to spend our first rounder on an interior lineman and hope we have a chance to pickup an above average free agent despite our cap situation.
Can't game thread that. Tomorrow good call.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Selling Prescott as ELITE is getting really old.....
You add absolutely to this board. Nothing. Every post you make is the same. You, like a few others, do nothing but constantly post the same drivel. It makes you come off as an idiot. Congrats on that.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
For a backup, Saint's QB looks pretty decent.

Well, when you continue to be predictable in calling man-coverage and not being good at it, you make it easier for the QB-WR to complete passes.

I don't understand why you don't make Hill make throws into zone coverage.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw threads talking about how good the Saints defense has been and that Payton is a great HC, yet, because we aren't destroying them people freak out. :laugh:

Their defense is one of the best in the league. A top 5 unit unquestionably. Sean Payton and his staff has them coached spectacularly well and they have some very good players on that side of the ball. Our offense has performed fine against them. I am not as worried as most. I do not like our offensive line play though.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Looking at the last 4 or 5 weeks objectively leads me to the same conclusion as well. Our offensive line has been badly beaten in nearly every game we have played recently. It makes it extremely difficult for an offense to function when their offensive line is playing so poorly. Our running game has begun to negatively affect our passing game. We are throwing into loaded coverages because we are incapable of more than a 2 or 3 yard rush against a 6 man front.

I do not know why this is happening. On paper, Zach Martin and Tyron have been very good this year. In fact, pro football focus has them ranked as the second and fourth best offensive linemen in all of football right now. Their system isn't perfect, but they cannot be playing poorly and achieve that grading. It is simply impossible. I think the main issue is that Biadasz is really struggling to move people at center. He gets zero push and doesn't seem to have an amazing feel for orchestrating protections or dealing with run blitzes. McGovern/ Williams have been very up and down. Collins has surprisingly just been bad. He is not getting push in the run game and is often getting blasted into Dak's lap in the passing game. I do not know wha to do to fix it. I think we need to spend our first rounder on an interior lineman and hope we have a chance to pickup an above average free agent despite our cap situation.
Reason why the football team is still in the hunt is because their oline is very good. Their D is as bad as ours and have two weapons on offense and a backup XFL’er helming the QB position.

Creeper

Reaction score
On the plus side, DLaw is actually playing a good game, getting some pressure on Hill.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Not even the great tony pollard? You have to admit. Dak is making throws tonight that you said he couldn’t make.

What?

Dak can make throws. It’s his lackluster performances that I don’t like. Or waiting until the end of half’s to move the ball.

Luckily the Saints offense sucks.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Teams know how to beat the Cowboys.
Dallas isn't going far even if they win the division.
We're just too elementary, too basic in our offense.
Our quarterback can't handle blitzes and refuses to run.
And our defense gives up big plays ... against Broncos and Raiders and Saints (none with scary offenses).
Imagine what occurs if we must play the Bucs, Rams, Cardinals or Packers?
This coaching staff and our quarterback (as much as I like him) are giving me much confidence.
I hope they can restore my faith, but I doubt it.

Easy grasshopper. Lots of football left!

Status
Not open for further replies.