Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints 2nd Half Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I saw threads talking about how good the Saints defense has been and that Payton is a great HC, yet, because we aren't destroying them people freak out. :laugh:

RonnieT24

Reaction score
O-line is underperforming. NO sending the house. Did we run any screens in the first half?

We tried two.. the Saints sniffed both of them out and Dak threw it into the ground..

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Everybody is complaining about the offense but the problem is not all DAK. It is mostly about the offensive line. It has been a few weeks that the opponent don’t show any respect to our line the run game and they play lots of coverage. That’s all because of the inability of the offensive line to create any holes for the run and hold well against the rush.

All start with them.

Looking at the last 4 or 5 weeks objectively leads me to the same conclusion as well. Our offensive line has been badly beaten in nearly every game we have played recently. It makes it extremely difficult for an offense to function when their offensive line is playing so poorly. Our running game has begun to negatively affect our passing game. We are throwing into loaded coverages because we are incapable of more than a 2 or 3 yard rush against a 6 man front.

I do not know why this is happening. On paper, Zach Martin and Tyron have been very good this year. In fact, pro football focus has them ranked as the second and fourth best offensive linemen in all of football right now. Their system isn't perfect, but they cannot be playing poorly and achieve that grading. It is simply impossible. I think the main issue is that Biadasz is really struggling to move people at center. He gets zero push and doesn't seem to have an amazing feel for orchestrating protections or dealing with run blitzes. McGovern/ Williams have been very up and down. Collins has surprisingly just been bad. He is not getting push in the run game and is often getting blasted into Dak's lap in the passing game. I do not know wha to do to fix it. I think we need to spend our first rounder on an interior lineman and hope we have a chance to pickup an above average free agent despite our cap situation.

JustChip

Reaction score
N’awlins are bringing pressure and playing tight man coverage. Not a recipe to get the ball downfield. Somehow, someway need to get something out of the run game. Seems like we’re getting 3 or less on every 1st down which just plays into the Saints’ defense.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think this one is destined to be a nail-biter folks.

JohnnyFlame

Reaction score
19-24 177yds and 1 TD

I dont think he's been awesome, but he's been pretty good and some of yall spent the first half trashing him.

Zero run game. CDs big catch was ruled a RUN also. So I guess that counts as a run game, but Zeke and Pollard can't get anything, and the run blocking isn't there either.

Mark my words, if we can't fix this run game we are in trouble moving forward. This team was such a threat because we were beating defenses both ways. We look real limited lately.
How are they fixing it? Oline is a shadow of what it used to be and Zeke looks like he should be on the IR. Pass to setup some Pollard draws and get Dak running the ball to at least have some run game.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is bottlenecking this team yet Dak's lover like @RonnieT24 think he is doing AMAZING! Just pathetic! Dak is the least common denominator of this team and he is holding this team back from winning the superbowl. We have 3 amazing receivers that can make crazy catches.

Wait till we cant keep all that talent around him.......:confused:

Rajveer

Reaction score
This has to be a blow out in the second half to give me comfort that these guys can do something in the playoffs, if they make it there.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Besides the failed 4th down conversion, the offense hasn’t really left any points on the field.

Defense is getting gashed big time against the Saints JV squad is more concerning

starfan1

Reaction score
I saw threads talking about how good the Saints defense has been and that Payton is a great HC, yet, because we aren't destroying them people freak out. :laugh:
Because that what the forum does when we aren’t destroying folks

you know we have so many experts in here

phildadon86

Reaction score
Dak is playing well so the good defense brigade has gone into well it’s just the saints brigade

Status
Not open for further replies.