Game Day ***Cowboys vs Saints Pre-game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score

whew-spongebob.gif

lukin2006

Reaction score
I feel like we win this game. I don't think it'll be easy...I'm thinking 24-17. Dlaw back will help against the run. Parsons gets 2 sacks and Diggs get a pick.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I already got butterflies.. I wish this team would show some damn consistency so I can at least know what the expect.. The #1 thing I need to see id Dak taking control of things when the offense bogs down. To hell with heaving the ball 40 yards downfield when you roll out on 3rd and 2. Take off and get the damn first down.. and then get out of bounds or on the ground.. If I see that I will feel like we win easy.. because the defense will have to account for him again.. They will have to leave space on the tights and receivers crossing on the bootlegs.. They will have to hold a backer from his drop.. One backer will have to check on Dak even after a handoff to make sure he doesn't still have the ball. Right now defenses are treating Dak like he's Tom Brady.. not even considering the possibility that he might hurt them with his legs.. He has to take measures to change that..

fivetwos

Reaction score
I already got butterflies.. I wish this team would show some damn consistency so I can at least know what the expect.. The #1 thing I need to see id Dak taking control of things when the offense bogs down. To hell with heaving the ball 40 yards downfield when you roll out on 3rd and 2. Take off and get the damn first down.. and then get out of bounds or on the ground.. If I see that I will feel like we win easy.. because the defense will have to account for him again.. They will have to leave space on the tights and receivers crossing on the bootlegs.. They will have to hold a backer from his drop.. One backer will have to check on Dak even after a handoff to make sure he doesn't still have the ball. Right now defenses are treating Dak like he's Tom Brady.. not even considering the possibility that he might hurt them with his legs.. He has to take measures to change that..
An extremely wounded Saints team with no QB?

If Dallas doesn't win this game easily I'm pretty sure we have our answer as far as chances to go deep into the playoffs.

The excuses are over. If the flag doesn't go your way make it up on the next play. Period. A loss doesn't work today in any type of way.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
An extremely wounded Saints team with no QB?

If Dallas doesn't win this game easily I'm pretty sure we have our answer as far as chances to go deep into the playoffs.

The excuses are over. If the flag doesn't go your way make it up on the next play. Period. A loss doesn't work today in any type of way.

You're right.. they gotta win tonight.. That's why I will be watching Dak closely.. He needs to get into that "whatever it takes" mindset.. I don't wanna see him calmly jogging off the field after a 3 and out.. I want him pissed off, fired up and ready to run through a wall if he has to.. Just get a damn win.. However you have to do it.

Proximo

Reaction score
I am still nervous about this game. It is one of those where they look like all pros against us in spite of their injuries.
But hey, no excuse right, if we win. Because our own fans say "no excuses" when we lose with all of our injuries and missing players.

This is a very fair point.
When we’re down multiple starters you’ll see posts on this board like “good teams overcome and still win”, “if we’re true contenders we’ll find a way”, “if we lose we aren’t legit”, etc, etc.

But when the shoe is on the other foot it’s all “oh we better win this game now that the opponent has injuries”.

I guess it is what it is.

Saints have homefield advantage, a great coach, and they’re catching us on the tail end of 3 games in 12 days, two of which were on the road plus we have our own issues with all of the covid stuff, key players banged up, etc.

With all that being said I do feel better about this game now than I did a couple days ago. We can win this. I really hope we do otherwise it’ll be one long break before our next game.

CWR

Reaction score
I think we make a statement tonight (even though it is the Aints) I think we dominate and the game wont be as close *** the score indicates, hopefully we can rest people in the 4th.:flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Hell yeah, I'm tired of all the loser talk around here. This team is more than capable of beating anyone.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
The players seem to love Dan Quinn, so I expect them to show out with him on the sidelines.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I just don't trust the Cowboys right now. Dak has been off. The OL can't string more than a couple of good snaps together. So many injuries. So many COVID issues.

This is going to be another dog fight. I hope it doesn't come down to a missed kick again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
You're right.. they gotta win tonight.. That's why I will be watching Dak closely.. He needs to get into that "whatever it takes" mindset.. I don't wanna see him calmly jogging off the field after a 3 and out.. I want him pissed off, fired up and ready to run through a wall if he has to.. Just get a damn win.. However you have to do it.
Using his legs to extend a drive or two wouldn't hurt anyone either.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I feel like we win this game. I don't think it'll be easy...I'm thinking 24-17. Dlaw back will help against the run. Parsons gets 2 sacks and Diggs get a pick.

I missed that about Tank. I thought he was out one more week. That's good news. Even if he's only good for a handful of snaps, he helps keep the DL fresh at the very least. If he can actually play at a high level, Parsons could have a monster game.

I still think this one stays close. Probably within one score the whole way.

17-10 Cowboys.

BermyStar

Reaction score
I just don't trust the Cowboys right now. Dak has been off. The OL can't string more than a couple of good snaps together. So many injuries. So many COVID issues.

This is going to be another dog fight. I hope it doesn't come down to a missed kick again.
I hope it doesn't come down to a kick at all.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Time to punch the Saints in the mouth and get the W. Go Cowboys!

Status
Not open for further replies.