Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks post game thread***

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I think the main issue is the miscues are the same week in and week out

OL depth is absolute garbage. Hoffman, Ball, Farniok, Waletzko? All played terrible two weeks in a row

2nd / 3rd team tackling is atrocious.

Team remains vulnerable to space and misdirections. Two weeks in a row we’ve been killed by simple play calling and not a single white jersey in the area.
And Waletzko went out with a shoulder injury I think.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Gotta keep an eye out for OL depth (paging Jason Peters) and a vet LBer that can provide some quality depth with the loss of Overshown.

Really hoping the MRI turns up positive news, but we gotta adjust and prepare for life without him this season.

Surprised at how undisciplined the D looked. Part of it may be nerves as guys are looking to make the roster and are feeling the lights, but still— we should be better than we showed.
Yeah, we just lost one of our likely/projected starters.. That was a BIG loss, if it turns out he's out for the season. That injury could follow him into next year some...

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Deuce, Jalen Tolbert and Brooks. Cropper. Drummond. Mandell, Bell, Land. Everyone else was arse.
I liked what I saw from Asim Richards. Both at LT and LG.

I'm not sure what they will do if Tyron goes down but I think sliding Tyler to LT and Richards at LG wouldn't be bad.... At the moment

Rayman70

Reaction score
Yup, and it can take a NT a little bit of time to develop. I'm more concerned with Overshown. That said, Vaughn is going to be a star.
agree. Deuce is the kind of player that elevates the entire fanbase/team and makes a difference in the win totals. He's money. Its criminal if he isnt heavily involved every week.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Preseason 2: final thoughts

RB: #2-#4 ??? Vaughn's vision, cuts, burst... I still don't know if he can be the #2 but he's better than a #3 on this squad.

WR: learned nothing tonight about the guys behind starters; Tolbert has been the only "consistent" WR

OL: oy. Hopefully film shows some good

DE/DT: lots of good depth there. Mazi's a rookie. Rough game but still big potential.

LB: behind starters ??. Losing Overshown HURTS

CB: Thomas aggressive but need to work more; Wright & Joseph may be done in Dallas. Any vet CBs out there??
It's really difficult to judge everything with backup OL and QB in the game. It's kinda not fair to the individual players..

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Tolbert was the shiny diamond, IMO. Great to see!

Not so hot?

Will Grier was so bad that Shottenheimer had to go sit in front of him, to block his crying face from the view of the camera. It was sad.

Dak was like, hey, I can relate to that feeling given how harsh our fans can be.

Many were whining about the announcers. But I like the in-house crew better than the national broadcast crew.
Tolbert is having a good preseason.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Why is every teams backup qbs so much better than ours
I don't think they are. Some teams, yes but not all.

Dallas doesn't play in preseason to win games. They won't even play most of their starters for a series or two. I think a big part of that is what happened to Romo in 2016 plus Dak the past few years with his injuries.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Why is every teams backup qbs so much better than ours
because our guys always get told how great they are all the time. Its the culture here. They are pampered. But teams like Seattle aren't.