Game Day ***Cowboys vs Seahawks pre-game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I love West Coast late games on a Saturday. It gives me time to reverse-sear some T-Bones and down a few Pacificos :flagwave:
We have hurricane Hillary approaching hopefully it won’t affect the broadcast. We’ve already been alerted by Spectrum Cable that we could lose our signal during the storm. However, the full brunt isn’t supposed to hit until tomorrow. It will be a tropical storm by the time it reaches land. It will only be the second tropical storm in recorded history to hit California.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have hurricane Hillary approaching hopefully it won’t affect the broadcast. We’ve already been alerted by Spectrum Cable that we could lose our signal during the storm. However, the full brunt isn’t supposed to hit until tomorrow. It will be a tropical storm by the time it reaches land. It will only be the second tropical storm in recorded history to hit California.
I’m watching it closely. I’m in Houston until September then we go back to SoCal. I hope it spares the homes out there, including mine :thumbdown:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’m watching it closely. I’m in Houston until September then we go back to SoCal. I hope it spares the homes out there, including mine :thumbdown:
I don’t think it’s going to be so bad where homes will be lost because once it reaches the cold water, it’s going to dissipate by the time it reaches land. There is going to be a lot of rain associated with it. I live practically on the beach, so I am concerned.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don’t think it’s going to be so bad where homes will be lost because once it reaches the cold water, it’s going to dissipate by the time it reaches land. There is going to be a lot of rain associated with it. I live practically on the beach, so I am concerned.
Those storms aren’t nearly as strong as the ones I have faced on the gulf coast. Flooding has me worried there because my home in Santa Barbara is one block off the beach as well. The runoff from the mountains has me concerned a bit…..

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Great weather here in the ridiculously high taxed state of NY. Drinking some beers right now. Grilling some shrimp in a bit. Garden tomatoes are plentiful. Life is good.

Going to be tuned in tonight to see how our young guys do. Need to watch a couple bubble vets too. Gallimore?!? The young gun WRs. Who is going to take that 4-5 spot? Our beastly LBs. Deuce. Hunter L trucking somebody? The stacked secondary. Who is stepping forward there? Joseph may have flaked himself out of a job. Grier because I can’t stand Rush. Looking forward to the game.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Those storms aren’t nearly as strong as the ones I have faced on the gulf coast. Flooding has me worried there because my home in Santa Barbara is one block off the beach as well. The runoff from the mountains has me concerned a bit…..
Good luck. Storm is tracking right up the Baja peninsula. Weird one. God speed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The storms on the gulf coast build strength because of the warm water. Fortunately, the cold water kills them off as they approach California. However, this will be a tropical storm when it hits us and will be the first one I’ve experienced. They’re forecasting a lot of rain, so flooding could be a problem.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The storms on the gulf coast build strength because of the warm water. Fortunately, the cold water kills them off as they approach California. However, this will be a tropical storm when it hits us and will be the first one I’ve experienced. They’re forecasting a lot of rain, so flooding could be a problem.
I think it will turn out okay, depending on which way the eye tracks. Hopefully, it turns NE sooner than later. I went through Harvey(among many others)…..now that was a rain event! We lost a house, boat and a car or two.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it will turn out okay, depending on which way the eye tracks. Hopefully, it turns NE sooner than later. I went through Harvey(among many others)…..now that was a rain event! We lost a house, boat and a car or two.
Just got a news alert on my phone that it’s been downgraded to a category 2. Everyone is preparing for a lot of rain.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
Gonna try and stay up but I’m letting the liquor do the talking Randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.