Cowboys vs Skins in Free Agency

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with the point.

You said the Pats don’t spend money in FA. That’s simply a false statement on your part.

You also lumped SJ in with the Pats and no one with a shred of common sense would actually argue that the Cowboys and Patriots are very similar in how they manage/build a roster.
The Pats don't spend much in FA, you just listed an exception like that what they do all the time. SJ is smart not to overspend in FA... just like the Pats.

Sydla

Reaction score
So because the Patriots currently have best coach and qb tandem in history....being smart in free agency is something only they're allowed to be?

Come on people don't be stupid. We go through this same stupid exercise every year. Every year.

These are not good deals. You need to be smart in free agency. And all these players signing deals leaving their current teams are leaving because their current team couldn't pay them because they weren't smart with their cap.

Meanwhile we have almost no bad deals on our books while retaining our top talent...why again?

Comparing how the Patriots work FA to what we do is laughable. You guys act like they throw vet minimum deals around and that’s all they do.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Pats don't spend much in FA, you just listed an exception like that what they do all the time. SJ is smart not to overspend in FA... just like the Pats.

They signed Jabaal Sheard to a deal that would have made SJ pass out when he was handing out 2MM deals to slop players.

If you truly believe that we are similar to the Patriots in how we build a team, then there is zero hope for you.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL at citing a trade from 30 years ago.

I had little doubt this would go off the rails and you did not disappoint.
Jerry is the all-time trade master with that one.... keep pretending it did not happen.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes I wonder what lurkers think when they see posts like this putting us in the same breath as the Patriots.

NEWSFLASH: We have NOTHING to show for our stingy approach.

Neither do the Patriots.

Both teams just keep losing free agency.

Free Agency is All that matters.

Super Bowls are about as important as Mascot competitions. Nobody cares about winning those. Free Agency is why we are fans. It's why fans buy tickets. It's why Billionaires get into this business as owners. We all want our team to win The Big One which is Free Agency.

How did the NFL even exist back before Free Agency? What was the point if they couldn't compete in Free Agency.

I guess fans back before Free Agency had to settle for winning the uniform wars. Thankfully the Cowboys had those Silver-Green Pants that were always winners.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
They signed Jabaal Sheard to a deal that would have made SJ pass out when he was handing out 2MM deals to slop players.

If you truly believe that we are similar to the Patriots in how we build a team, then there is zero hope for you.
Whatever... the Pats don't have anything on the Cowboys, historically speaking. Maybe you choose to forget over time what the Cowboys have done but that will happen when you're not a real fan of the team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Whatever... the Pats don't have anything on the Cowboys, historically speaking. Maybe you choose to forget over time what the Cowboys have done but that will happen when you're not a real fan of the team.

LOL.

They blew past us and the Steelers in historical significance.

But bonus points for playing the “you aren’t a real fan” card.

Angus12

Reaction score
Did you HONESTLY just try to compare the Patriots and the Cowboys?

Seriously?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Wow...

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Remember all of those years the Skins won big in free agency? Albert Haynesworth, etc..

The Cowboys losing in free agency to the Skins still really hurts.

I don't care about the Patriots winning some silly game in February so many times. That's trivial compared to all of those years the Skins won free agency.

I've heard the Patriots won that same silly game again but I couldn't care less. My focus is on the Cowboys winning free agency.

I fear the Skins might be up to their winning ways again this year.

Stupid teams like the Patriots and Cowboys will like just keep on being losers (in free agency) every year. I feel as bad for those Patriots fans as for us Cowboys fans. At least we won free agency once or twice since 2000 (50M for Brandon Carr one year and about 50M for Bigg Davis another year). The sad sack Patriots have never won.

I have the press conference from when the Cowboys signed Brandon Carr that I just re-watch every year to remember the great memories.
I found it comical until the bolded. Even after that it was good.

Sydla

Reaction score
Neither do the Patriots.

Both teams just keep losing free agency.

Free Agency is All that matters.

Super Bowls are about as important as Mascot competitions. Nobody cares about winning those. Free Agency is why we are fans. It's why fans buy tickets. It's why Billionaires get into this business as owners. We all want our team to win The Big One which is Free Agency.

How did the NFL even exist back before Free Agency? What was the point if they couldn't compete in Free Agency.

I guess fans back before Free Agency had to settle for winning the uniform wars. Thankfully the Cowboys had those Silver-Green Pants that were always winners.

Actually the Patriots win FA. They have signed way more productive players in FA than we have in recent years. They have even spent more money than we have in FA. They poured more
money into Stephon Gilmore than we spent in two consecutive FA classes.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
LOL.

They blew past us and the Steelers in historical significance.

But bonus points for playing the “you aren’t a real fan” card.
You make it too easy when you undercut your own comments like that. The Cowboys are still the most beloved team in America despite the last 23 years. No other team's reputation survives that. The Pats were absolute garbage when I was growing up and they'll be that again in 23 years.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Actually the Patriots win FA. They have signed way more productive players in FA than we have in recent years. They have even spent more money than we have in FA. They poured more
money into Stephon Gilmore than we spent in two consecutive FA classes.
"win FA" LOL You are a great Pats cheerleader though.

Sydla

Reaction score
You make it too easy when you undercut your own comments like that. The Cowboys are still the most beloved team in America despite the last 23 years. No other team's reputation survives that. The Pats were absolute garbage when I was growing up and they'll be that again in 23 years.

The Patriots are the most successful franchise in NFL history at this point. The greatest dynasty the sport has ever seen.

But if you want to hold onto something nebulous like “most beloved” as if that’s a real thing, have at it.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The Patriots are the most successful franchise in NFL history at this point. The greatest dynasty the sport has ever seen.

But if you want to hold onto something nebulous like “most beloved” as if that’s a real thing, have at it.
LOL... just funny to see you showing your true colors like this. Just own it admit you're a Pats fan hanging out in a Cowboys forum. Nothing wrong with owning it if that's how you feel.