Game Day ***Cowboys vs Steelers Post game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Cooper Rush is plain terrible. There is no upside, there is no improvement possible. He should be the first QB cut IMHO.

I agree that he should be cut because of the lack of upside. He's not going to win the backup job and he's not developmental. I'd rather we had at least brought in another developmental QB to challenge DiNucci.

Air Force One

Reaction score
I was so happy to see the Steelers and Cowboys on the same field. Great way to start the season. These two teams on the same field always remind me of when I was little and watching them.

Silly

Reaction score
I liked the pass catching FB. Dallas needs more wrinkles like this in the offensive game plan.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yeah, I've said it in countless other posts, the lack of quality tackle depth will be the determining factor for this team's success.
IF Tyron or LC go down or both, the current roster does not have a backup that can be relied upon. Not for even 2 games.

Trips me out how obvious it is and yet is constantly glossed over as if "it's gonna be okay."

It's not. The entire season depends on Tyron and LCs health.

I dont agree. Cowboys had the #1 offense in NFL history with Collins out and Smith only playing in 2 of the first 4 games. The offense can still score points and they can win games if the defense can come to play. Losing one LT wouldnt kill this offense.

75boyz

Reaction score
I dont agree. Cowboys had the #1 offense in NFL history with Collins out and Smith only playing in 2 of the first 4 games. The offense can still score points and they can win games if the defense can come to play. Losing one LT wouldnt kill this offense.

Nyseskhe, Knight and Steele did not show they were capable swing tackles against Steeler 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers imo.

Your opinion may differ. If Smith, Collins or both go down as they often have in the past, there will be extreme protection issues.
Extreme.

jmo
No worries.

Cowboys

shabazz

Reaction score
After Gilbert threw his 56th quick slant I realized this predictable playcalling will not end in many of our lifetimes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nyseskhe, Knight and Steele did not show they were capable swing tackles against Steeler 2nd, 3rd and 4th stringers imo.

Your opinion may differ. If Smith, Collins or both go down as they often have in the past, there will be extreme protection issues.
Extreme.

jmo
No worries.

Cowboys
You said one tackle goes down, not two.

johneric8

Reaction score
Like Mickey would say.....why was he available? This was a strange hire to begin with....It just reeked of McCarthy desperation to get more scapegoats for later.
You guys need a new excuse for coaches you don't like... Y'all said the same thing about Garrett when he hired assistants/scapegoats

DanA

Reaction score

Extreme.

jmo
No worries.

Cowboys

Martin looked pretty good as a tackle and McGovern could step into RG.

Silverstar

Reaction score
Meh...the first of four meaningless games to evaluate and prepare for the season.
Just happy to see football again....17 games gonna be interesting.
Bring on the Bucs!

:popcorn:

75boyz

Reaction score
Martin looked pretty good as a tackle and McGovern could step into RG.

This is the only reasonable solution I could see as well as long as it were only one tackle needing to be replaced. Fingers would be crossed for not needing to replace both.

jmo
Cowboys

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yeah, I've said it in countless other posts, the lack of quality tackle depth will be the determining factor for this team's success.
IF Tyron or LC go down or both, the current roster does not have a backup that can be relied upon. Not for even 2 games.

Trips me out how obvious it is and yet is constantly glossed over as if "it's gonna be okay."

It's not. The entire season depends on Tyron and LCs health.

I thought Steele played well at OT in the first preseason game. Knight had one bad play at LT which resulted in a sack. Not sure about his other plays at OT. Farniok played some LT along with C with mixed results but not bad for his first game.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
After Gilbert threw his 56th quick slant I realized this predictable playcalling will not end in many of our lifetimes

The good WRs can get open on a slant even when the opposing CBs know it is coming. Preseason evaluation has almost always been about who out-executes the other.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Farniok played some LT along with C with mixed results but not bad for his first game.

If you watch closely, on the field Farniok is a bit of a **** talker. Bodes well for him sticking around on the practice squad or something. You want that kind as your bottom of the roster guy.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You guys need a new excuse for coaches you don't like... Y'all said the same thing about Garrett when he hired assistants/scapegoats
Coaches? These people don't like the air the team breathes.

Bunch of clueless, spoiled brats. Hell, we have us a couple of Cowboy fans that have an opinion without, get this, watching football!!!!! Truth.

Now we'll await for the first "opinion" crutch to be thrown out when in reality they want everything their way and it'd better be to their liking, by God.

Nothing to do with an opinion..... it's a need.

I thought football was a smash-mouth, grid iron sport.

Apparently not. This fanbase has waayyyy too many Karen's.

Last edited:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If you watch closely, on the field Farniok is a bit of a **** talker. Bodes well for him sticking around on the practice squad or something. You want that kind as your bottom of the roster guy.

I don’t care that he ‘talks.’ He looked decent at C and OT for his first game. Some reaches and a lot of room for improvement but at least there seems to be some talent to work with.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I don’t care that he ‘talks.’ He looked decent at C and OT for his first game. Some reaches and a lot of room for improvement but at least there seems to be some talent to work with.
Well what I meant is that he is aggressive and has attitude. I want that in that lower rung on the depth chart.

75boyz

Reaction score
I thought Steele played well at OT in the first preseason game. Knight had one bad play at LT which resulted in a sack. Not sure about his other plays at OT. Farniok played some LT along with C with mixed results but not bad for his first game.

Like you so appropriately said in one of your previous posts about sharing different views here while being on the same subject, I just see entirely different performance levels out of the back up tackles than what you see.

No big deal, like you told me, thankfully I'm not Jerry or Stephen.

jmo
Cowboys