Game Day ***Cowboys vs Steelers Post game thread***

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anyone hear what Troy said. And we all know this.
What you see in these games are not what they will do in regular games.

Like the 3rd and 5, they would normally pass. But they ran the ball. Because the coaches want to see certain plays and what the players do in those situations.
No game planning for the opponent, just what you want to see from your own team and players.

All this means nothing as to showing they are not the same old team. Give it a freaking chance.
I know we all want to criticize and over react. But it is what fans do. I did, and will, but also keeping a tempered outlook for now.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Update. Bryan Broaddus says Joe Judge is a bad coach too on the postgame.

Man front offices should just call this guy. He knows who all the bad coaches are..

Like Mickey would say.....why was he available? This was a strange hire to begin with....It just reeked of McCarthy desperation to get more scapegoats for later.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Overall I was ok with the first half play. Was not impressed at all with the 2nd half.
But it was what I expected for the first real action since December, as well for the rookies.

Could clearly see some of the guys that will be gone or on the PS. Not concerned at this point. Will see how, or if the improve the next game.

We will see the typical overreaction over the next week. Heck I may make a few comments myself as I did on the game threads. Such as for Burton, The WR Smith but did have a really nice catch later, but had a lot of drops in contested catches.

I liked Turner, as he had a few nice catch and runs after his fumble, which I commented he may not make it. However, seeing the other WR”s and Feheko needed more chances. I will give Turner the 6th spot over Feheko as I had them flipped at first for the 6th WR.

DeNucci sucks, Rush, need to see more, Gilbert looked the best. But I think they need to bring in another QB.
The FB looked decent.

i thought the defense looked pretty good 1st quarter or so, especially Parsons. He's gonna be a real talent.
Gotta agree, 2nd half was pretty sorry.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Two positions to really watch.

backup LT- I don’t believe our backup LT is on the team. Nsyeke looked like he could barely move.

backup QB- it’s about scoring points. I thought Gilbert looked okay at times, but I’d expect us to try and upgrade if possible.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Your love affair with the Giants lately is alarming bro. Beginning to think you've become a fan.

lol. Hey join the club of people who think I am a giants fan.

I am a fan of no team anymore and certainly not the giants. I like following the east teams and always have. I enjoy the people who cover the giants on a daily basis in ny more than the people in dc or philly...in fact I do not like anyone who writes or talks football from philly and think they are all bad. Dc has some decent media people but they are always so bad that reading them and following them as close as i do has really been boring since Gibbs retired the second time.

The cowboys and giants had a fantastic rivalry from 03-14. It was truly great and the teams really disliked each other. That is another reason I follow the giants so closely. Those games in those years were so important and i wanted to know everything I could about their team like I did my own here in DFW.

anyway. I am going to continue to talk about the nfc east teams and I am very intrigued by this giants group and their defensive coordinator in particular. However I am not a fan.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Babe sounded pretty down on simi F. tonight. He usually is pretty upbeat about young players so I found that interesting.

75boyz

Reaction score
Two positions to really watch.

backup LT- I don’t believe our backup LT is on the team. Nsyeke looked like he could barely move.

backup QB- it’s about scoring points. I thought Gilbert looked okay at times, but I’d expect us to try and upgrade if possible.

Yeah, I've said it in countless other posts, the lack of quality tackle depth will be the determining factor for this team's success.
IF Tyron or LC go down or both, the current roster does not have a backup that can be relied upon. Not for even 2 games.

Trips me out how obvious it is and yet is constantly glossed over as if "it's gonna be okay."

It's not. The entire season depends on Tyron and LCs health.

timb2

Reaction score
Nashon Wright & Israel Mukamu I like

Odighizuwa looked good.

Rico Dowdle did well also Sewo Olinua looks like our FB

Deante Burton is going to be hard to cut

Matt Farinok is big but he can move

Maurice Canady might become the nickel.

McKeon & Sprinkle both fighting for the last TE spot.

Connor McGovern might push Connor William's to backup.

Cedrick Wilson looked good

The Bad
Ben DiNucci vs the other QBs is behind them.

That #62 I think Braylon Jones looks outmatched

Steve Parker is behind other Safeties.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
This version of the Dallas Cowboys the last few years have been a JOKE! Even though this was a preseason game you could see the same ole crap we've seen the last few years. No heart! No preparation! No coaching. No on field emotion. Just a bunch of guys not in suits but uniforms. It's so frustrating to be a Dallas Cowboy fan anymore. Then you have Jerry "I'd do anything to win another Super Bowl" Anything but getting rid of the biggest thing stopping it from happening! HIMSELF!!!!
Lol FANatic never meant so much to me until now. Youd think the Steelers scored 30

Cmac

Reaction score
It's preseason.....but it don't look too hard for the Turk to knock on some doors.

Reactions: CWR

RodeoJake

Reaction score
I don't agree. He didn't play well, but he also didn't get much protection. His arm strength was clear on some of his throws, but he reverts to sidearm under pressure.

Fans are quick to overreact especially with QBs.

He has the same bad mechanics he showed last year. He does have a big arm, but that's negated by throwing sidearm and off his back foot. Overall, he still looks like a playground QB.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He has the same bad mechanics he showed last year. He does have a big arm, but that's negated by throwing sidearm and off his back foot. Overall, he still looks like a playground QB.

Well, get rushed constantly and you are going to look more like a playground quarterback. Not saying he doesn't need to work on that, but I'd like to see him without a defender in his face as soon as he drops back. He may not prove to be worth developing, but it's hard to judge any quarterback based on the lack of protection he received.

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

dwmyers

Reaction score
That he did! He locked that side down quite well, and Wright did well. Can't fault him for the catch Claypool had. Bad luck there, and Claypool is lethal.

On that long pass Claypool put a hand in Nashon's chest. Steeler WRs were pushing off on him.

D-

Buzzbait

Reaction score
This version of the Dallas Cowboys the last few years have been a JOKE! Even though this was a preseason game you could see the same ole crap we've seen the last few years. No heart! No preparation! No coaching. No on field emotion. Just a bunch of guys not in suits but uniforms. It's so frustrating to be a Dallas Cowboy fan anymore. Then you have Jerry "I'd do anything to win another Super Bowl" Anything but getting rid of the biggest thing stopping it from happening! HIMSELF!!!!

So you really enjoyed the game huh? :rolleyes:

mmohican29

Reaction score
Rush looked like a veteran who knew what to do but doesn't have the arm strength to do it all. Gilbert wasn't bad. There's a few throws he shouldn't have missed, but I don't think there are reasons to be too upset with his performance.

Cooper Rush is plain terrible. There is no upside, there is no improvement possible. He should be the first QB cut IMHO.