Game Day *** Cowboys vs Texans OT game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carson

Reaction score
JG really is playing to be .500... it has saved his job for many years, it's a sound strategy for keeping your job in little D...
Why else would you punt on 4 and 1 from the opponents 42 with 6 mins left to play in OT unless you where hoping for a tie?
Such a ill run organization. The Cowboys are right there with the Browns and Bills when it comes to having a chance to win a super bowl... ever again. The have become the Browns.

Browns will triple postseason appearances and wins over us over the next ten years. They are trending way up

morat1959

Reaction score
We barely knew ya.

Lol! I’ve tracked the board for awhile but just joined not long ago. Thought it would help me vent my frustrations but it only makes it worse after watching this for way too many years. It’s like there’s no reason to get hyped for the upcoming season every year because you know exactly what’s going to happen. I can hit on what’s going to happen, before it happens, about 90% of the time. I told my daughter that they were gonna hit on a big pass play to #10 to beat us. It happened on the next play. Lol. I was never a big Romo fan but now see how he covered up from the lack of coaching and leadership on this team. JJ and Garrett have wasted a lot of great players career’s over the past 20 + years. At least in the lean, early, Landry years the team had some direction. You could see changes being made to at least try and make the team better. Same goes for when Jimmy was here. We had some great football minds in those eras who knew what they were doing. What’s taken place from an egotistical, look at me owner, since he let Jimmy go is insanity in its purest sense. The fans have got to force JJ’s hand if we ever want changes in this organization. We all know the ONLY thing that gets his attention now is the root of all evil. He doesn’t care if we win or not as little no as he’s stays in charge of the football operations. When mediocrity becomes the norm and is rewarded, there’s no way to move forward and get better. I look forward to a lot better weekends not watching this circus. I’ll never pull for another pro team and hope the day I’m looking forward to is not far around the corner. Like I said earlier...I’ll be 60 in Jan. Will we ever be a contender in my lifetime. This all hindges on one one thing. JJ stepping down as GM. Do you or any other logical-longtime fan see this happening anytime soon. Thus..farewell to my beloved Cowboys.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If you're upset its because you bought into the hype. A 1-3 houston team at home playing for their season. 8-8 is still coming for this team. Did anyone really think this team had a shot this year? With each loss brings with it the hope of change. Change at HC.
It's funny and amazing at the same time that in training camp and preseason, the optimistically, hope-filled naïve among us were certain Dak would be a more accurate passer, that we wouldn't need fossil Witten and don't-get-separation Dez and we'd be just fine with our receiving corp, that Tavon Austin was underutilized by the Rams and we'd find ways to integrate him into our dynamic offense, that Zeke would run wild and Randy Gregory would play like Lawrence Taylor from Day 1 despite being away from football almost a year. Those who disagreed didn't know football, were really Giants/Eagles/Commanders fans and should go root for another team.

I didn't want to kill people's optimism, but I was saying to myself, "Just wait."

You can't ignore patterns. They have predictive powers. And here we are. Dak is about as inaccurate as ever. He can't produce more than two touchdowns a game. The receivers are underwhelming. Zeke looks like he's been eating extra bags of potato chips, Gregory makes more penalties than sacks and Garrett, well, his pimp, er, clap hand is as strong as ever even if his coaching isn't.

None of this surprises me at all. None.

Zman5

Reaction score
How sad is it that Zeke was your best receiver last week and Swaim the best receiver this week? :facepalm:

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Awful playcalling. Awful blocking by the o line. Awful play in the secondary. Awful d line play. Awful play by the wrs 2 catches that should've been made but were intercepted instead. Awful coaching decisions with the challenge on an obvious incomplete pass and not going for it on 4th and 1. The only bright spots were the QB, TE group, and LBs. It's sad dak will take the abuse but he did everything he could to shoulder the team.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Is there an intrastate trophy for this game? Like a giant wooden nickel or something? I thought I heard about it before

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All 4 of Dak's interceptions came on tipped balls this season. Not to excuse his mistakes (and he has made some), but what are our receivers doing?

Zman5

Reaction score
All 4 of Dak's interceptions came on tipped balls this season. Not to excuse his mistakes (and he has made some), but what are our receivers doing?

Maybe carrying all them bricks put too much strain on their hands. Their hands don't work anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.