Game Day ***Cowboys vs Texans post game thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
They didn't have much of a chance to rush the passer because Houston ran the ball 37 times and they passed it pretty short most of the game.

That seems to be the formula vs Dallas, run the ball throw it quickly unless Brown or Joseph is in press coverage then take a shot.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What you really have to wonder with the Cowboys is did they play down to the competition today or is this what they are? They didn’t look very good last week for 3 quarters against an average Colts team. The Texans looked like the better team today. They had the game pretty much won and let it get away from them.

tromofan

Reaction score
They didn't have much of a chance to rush the passer because Houston ran the ball 37 times and they passed it pretty short most of the game.

That seems to be the formula vs Dallas, run the ball throw it quickly unless Brown or Joseph is in press coverage then take a shot.
Alot of teams have had success with that formula against us. Why can't Quinn adjust?

mrmojo

Reaction score
Coaches were saying all week not to eat the cheese and boy, did they eat it today.

Nothing was inspiring about today’s performance. After Houston tied the game early on, I don’t understand why Kellen Moore decided to call air raids when the ground game was effective.

Why doesn’t this team play with fire and passion?

Jimmy Johnson would have been mad as hell and would be cutting someone after the game.

The team played as if they did not want to be there and was going through the motions. We need someone to light a fire up their bums and get thisteam to re-focus during the game. No reason this game should have been this close against a 1-10 team.

I hope they were lit into in the locker room today!
I really doubt they were lit into....thats not the style of this organization.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Well I guess I’m giving em a reluctant mulligan on this game. I understand all the intangibles involved and the many theories of why it happened
The most disturbing thing to me was Dak seemingly morphing back into what he was during latter part of last season...the playoff game vs 49ers last season and first game of this season when he got hurt. The nervousness, his reads and indecisiveness. His body language says it all. Reminds me of a live rabbit trapped in a coyote den.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Local FOX sports in DFW. Interviews of players, coaches, Jerry. All saying they will be a better team because of this.
We will see.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Well I guess I’m giving em a reluctant mulligan on this game. I understand all the intangibles involved and the many theories of why it happened
The most disturbing thing to me was Dak seemingly morphing back into what he was during latter part of last season...the playoff game vs 49ers last season and first game of this season when he got hurt. The nervousness, his reads and indecisiveness. His body language says it all. Reminds me of a live rabbit trapped in a coyote den.
Daks performance was a major regression.
Hard to understand against such a poor team.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
All I know is we struggled against the worst team in the NFL today. Houston looked like they had more to play for than we did. I’m expecting another dog fight next week because I don’t think the Cowboys are a great team. Their performance today was very concerning.
I feel the same way, the Cowboys are not a great team. We have a few players that are standouts who are capable of really shining at times, but when they're not shining the rest of the team underperforms. We're capable of playing some good football, but I don't trust this team.
They're just not consistent, and let's not forget their tendency to play DOWN to underdogs' level, just like they did today.
Fortunately they played up to their potential in that final drive of the game, but they nearly allowed a lowly 1-10 team to beat them.
I love 'em and root for them, but I don't trust them.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJJ
Status
Not open for further replies.