Game Day Cowboys vs Titans Game Thread - 2nd Half

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kson-in-Commanders-route-of-jaguars/15635419/

According to this article and a couple of others Jay Gruden said it was a dislocated ankle during his press conference.

All those injuries are first classified as a sprain until the MRI and/or X-rays get done.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We should all feel good about the win. It was really a consistent solid effort in all three phases. I expected a win but I didn't expect such a clean, decisive win.

If there's any criticism to take away from it I think it's the fact that our passing game is very confined. Dez catches 10 balls today and barely goes over 100 yards. It wasn't just him. It seemed everything was short today. The average per completion has got to be low. I know we lack deep speed but we did a better job of stretching the defense pre-Linehan than that.

It's a non issue this week but a potential issue going further.

joseephuss

Reaction score
All those injuries are first classified as a sprain until the MRI and/or X-rays get done.

Sure, but the head coach has to be told something by the medical staff to claim a dislocated ankle before the MRI and/or X-rays are even done.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This conference is the Cowboys to lose. Commanders are the only team I think could take it from us, but they just lost RG3 for the season and Desean Jackson sprained his shoulder and could be out a couple weeks. Cousins might be the better QB though.

The conference is there for the eagles to lose.

You said it. The skins just became better by subtraction.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure, but the head coach has to be told something by the medical staff to claim a dislocated ankle before the MRI and/or X-rays are even done.

Right. That's what I meant. The initial diagnosis is sprain, so that's why you see those reports but the head coach knows it's more than that.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Right. That's what I meant. The initial diagnosis is sprain, so that's why you see those reports but the head coach knows it's more than that.

Got you. I misinterpreted your post. Just looking at the videos of his injury one can see it is more than a sprain. Ankles aren't supposed to do that.

Zman5

Reaction score
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kson-in-Commanders-route-of-jaguars/15635419/

According to this article and a couple of others Jay Gruden said it was a dislocated ankle during his press conference.
Got you. I misinterpreted your post. Just looking at the videos of his injury one can see it is more than a sprain. Ankles aren't supposed to do that.

Yes. He definitely has an ankle injury. I just haven't seen anything saying he was out for the season as some has posted.

mldardy

Reaction score
YEah, but it just looked like a pro offense....reads on time, throws on time, not scrambling around and playing street ball. I am sure teams will change the way they play defense, but there was a large amount of people suggesting Cousins was easily better than Griffin in camp.

Cousins is a bus driver and nothing more. They were playing Jville for crying out loud. He's a backup for a reason. People on here love to overhype Cousins.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

That's not correct. It's already been diagnosed as a dislocated ankle and those always have at least a small avulsion fracture associated with them at the very least generally worse. The coach was less forthcoming about it pending xrays and MR but that is a formality. And they often tell the media and fans if there is a dislocation, separation or fracture early on. Other times you're right; they don't give up much info. Often they aren't sure yet what they have when they do the latter.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cousins is a bus driver and nothing more. They were playing Jville for crying out loud. He's a backup for a reason. People on here love to overhype Cousins.

I think overall the Skins offense is better with a drop back QB. That's often the case of a NFL team though.

Matts4313

Reaction score
There used to be a person on here that would upload a stream of the game....

Is he still around? I have a 6 hour flight tomorrow and would love to watch the game again. Thanks!