Game Day Cowboys vs Titans Game Thread - 2nd Half

rynochop

Reaction score
I'm just going to keep my feet planted on the ground. One bad game one good game. Who knows what the third game will bring.

Oh I know, I just meant it seemed every time I heard the 0-2/playoffs deal people were talking about the Cowboys. Idk, maybe my imagination.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
I wish the Cowboys were as good at identifying talent at all positions like they are with finding kickers, there are ex cowboy kickers all over the league

They are ex-kickers for a reason. When one goes bad, you can't afford until they work out the kinks.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
This conference is the Cowboys to lose. Commanders are the only team I think could take it from us, but they just lost RG3 for the season and Desean Jackson sprained his shoulder and could be out a couple weeks. Cousins might be the better QB though.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I legitimately think this team is going to be alright this season. Romo's finally getting game ready, the D is coming together, our oline and running game looking strong. I'm not talking superbowl here, but I think we have a real chance at the division.

I don't know if they will or not but one thing I've liked under Garrett is they almost always come out and fight and compete every week, aside from the Chicago game last year, I can't recall many games where they were just crushed from start to finish.

yimyammer

Reaction score
We are getting better IMO. The MCClain trade looks genius right now.

It appears that way plus I like the restraint in signing players to long term deals (I hope its restraint and not lack of a choice because of cap limitations) and I like passing on flashy players like manzeil for building the trenches. I still don't like trading two picks for one player. Drafting seems like a numbers game to me so they need more picks not less.

CowboyFan4Eva

Reaction score
I saw balance today on offense. Why?

When you invest in your Oline you see positive results (controlling the clock and resting your defense).

If Jason wants his job he needs to continue to use this method. Jerry must continue to invest in the trenches (Oline & Dline) which will result in wins.

Like . Like .like. Can't give this post more likes.

This is how you win. Get good, mean , nasty, athletic, in the trenches......that will make superstar wrs, QBs, rbs.....

Mean and nasty in the trenches. That's where the bulk of my salary cap and attention would go if i were GM.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I love the McClain trade. If we can find a few successes here and there our defense, it will start to build some momentum and pretty soon, the D will actually be a strength rather than a liability.

I think having Scandrick back is going to be huge for us. Im all for benching Mo right now

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Nobody is game planning him yet.

YEah, but it just looked like a pro offense....reads on time, throws on time, not scrambling around and playing street ball. I am sure teams will change the way they play defense, but there was a large amount of people suggesting Cousins was easily better than Griffin in camp.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I love the McClain trade. If we can find a few successes here and there our defense, it will start to build some momentum and pretty soon, the D will actually be a strength rather than a liability.

I think having Scandrick back is going to be huge for us. Im all for benching Mo right now

I hope people stop doubting McClain and quit saying "if he doesn't quit". It's obvious watching the guy on the field that he loves playing the game. You don't play like he does if your heart isn't into it. The only way he doesn't stick to it is if something happens outside of the football field.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I hope people stop doubting McClain and quit saying "if he doesn't quit". It's obvious watching the guy on the field that he loves playing the game. You don't play like he does if your heart isn't into it. The only way he doesn't stick to it is if something happens outside of the football field.

Yeah Im kinda sick of people mentioning his past. I mean that guy made it through camp and hasn't quit (yet) and I don't see why people are so eager to mention that about him. Come on now, his contributing to a position that we needed to fill badly. I see him as a savior to this fledgling defense. The better he does, the better this defense will start to succeed and become a strength. What more can people ask for?

Dwight

Reaction score
Like . Like .like. Can't give this post more likes.

This is how you win. Get good, mean , nasty, athletic, in the trenches......that will make superstar wrs, QBs, rbs.....

Mean and nasty in the trenches. That's where the bulk of my salary cap and attention would go if i were GM.

Even though Romo got sack four or five times today, we will see that reduce if Jason continues to commit to the running game.

Focus in Free Agency and Draft should be Oline and Dline.

Zman5

Reaction score
I don't think RG3 is definitely out for the season yet. It's a sprained ankle.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't think RG3 is definitely out for the season yet. It's a sprained ankle.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...kson-in-Commanders-route-of-jaguars/15635419/

According to this article and a couple of others Jay Gruden said it was a dislocated ankle during his press conference.

Plankton

Reaction score
Nice bounce back performance today. The offensive line, in the run game, absolutely dominated up front. Leary, Frederick and Martin were terrific on run downs. Free was awful early, but solidified as the game went on. Wide receivers had terrific efforts blocking today as well. The offensive focus was in the right place today.

Romo still doesn't look 100%. His feet look very slow, and he still looks unsteady throwing the ball. It just didn't look good coming out of his hands today. Bryant is very tough playing through his shoulder issue - if Romo looked for him exclusively, I would be OK with that. Bryant is all fight. The pass blocking was not good today, and Free struggled again this week.

Defense played well, but I want to see the all-22 of this one to see how much Jake Locker missed out there. He was positively putrid, and as poor as Romo looked last week, last week's game would have been one of Locker's best if the roles were reversed. Tennessee will be held back as long as Locker is the starter. McClain was terrific again this week, and that interception showed his athletic ability. The corners played well this week, except for Claiborne not wrapping up on Delanie Walker.

Dan Bailey is the most underrated and undervalued player on the team. Time to heal up, and focus on the Rams. Good week with the Giants in last, and looking very bad.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are 2-1, gentlemen. We're gonna roll the Rams next week and this place will explode with slightly nauseating optimism and talk of playoff seeding.