Game Day ***Cowboys vs Titans post game thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hats off the Dobbs though.. The Titans might have found their Mike White with him. I saw a lot to like from him.. Especially considering he'd only been with them a week and a half. Obviously he's a really bright kid with an Aeronautical Engineering degree. I bet he's the only QB in the league who could fly the space shuttle. Now maybe after teams get film on him he gets exposed.. but I certainly think he earned the right to start next week for them.

I think Wright getting an interception will cause a poor game by him to not get the attention it deserves. I have trouble believing we wouldn't be better off with Bland outside and Alexander in the slot. Neither Wright nor Joseph have passed their auditions.

If Philly wins this Sunday, maybe we'll get to see Joseph, Wright and Alexander against the 'Skins and see if any of them can step up and claim that third corner spot. We need to try to shore that up before the playoffs.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think Wright getting an interception will cause a poor game by him to not get the attention it deserves. I have trouble believing we wouldn't be better off with Bland outside and Alexander in the slot. Neither Wright nor Joseph have passed their auditions.

If Philly wins this Sunday, maybe we'll get to see Joseph, Wright and Alexander against the 'Skins and see if any of them can step up and claim that third corner spot. We need to try to shore that up before the playoffs.
Defensive injuries are huge for this team.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
He's a lineman not a running back. They can tape that thing up to the point of it almost being a cast and he can go..
Is that right? I figured high ankle was a month or more no matter who you are. Well that's encouraging at least.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Alexander tweaked something in practice. But I don't think Wright was that bad. The only real problem I had with him was how soft he was playing especially on 3rd and medium. They had him way past the sticks more often than not.. but I have to believe that was the call. No way he's doing that on his own. He's definitely not a man corner though.. not quick enough.. But again, yet another team came out and attacked our #2 corner relentlessly. Something we never see Kellen Moore do. He keeps treating the guys like chess pieces and it drives me nuts. He steadfastly refuses to attack matchups. He just calls his brilliant plays and let the chips fall where they may.

Reaction score

Wright is not very good, but Kelvin Joseph is not an NFL level player

Not only can he not play the game, he just might be the dumbest person on the field when they let him play

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Only that it was an ankle injury and was questionable to return. Have not seen anything since.
Well...being a master of the rolled ankle...I can attest...seeing the swelling almost immediately is not a good sign. He needs ice immediately. And to stay off that for @ least 10 days. Biggest fight right now is to keep that swelling down.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was our last win of the season. Next week we get Wentzed before being someone's bye in the playoffs.

Soak it in. It'll be awhile.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Alexander tweaked something in practice. But I don't think Wright was that bad. The only real problem I had with him was how soft he was playing especially on 3rd and medium. They had him way past the sticks more often than not.. but I have to believe that was the call. No way he's doing that on his own. He's definitely not a man corner though.. not quick enough.. But again, yet another team came out and attacked our #2 corner relentlessly. Something we never see Kellen Moore do. He keeps treating the guys like chess pieces and it drives me nuts. He steadfastly refuses to attack matchups. He just calls his brilliant plays and let the chips fall where they may.

Didn't know that about Alexander. Guess it was more futile than I thought to keep wanting them to put him in the game. We've really had poor luck at the corner spot, not only losing players for the year but not having some of our draft picks come through for us. Thankfully, Bland has been a bright spot.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Is that right? I figured high ankle was a month or more no matter who you are. Well that's encouraging at least.

A shot and some tape and he could play tomorrow.. Fortunately he will get a solid three weeks to heal up. I think he'll be fine for the playoffs.