Game Day ***Cowboys vs Vikings 1st Half Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
A potential to see Grier if Cooper Rush stinks it up. McCarthy might as well do it. Since they are all bet giving this game to the Vikings anyway.

Zman5

Reaction score
Let's go Ginger Boy!!!! :clap::clap:

"I'm offended by this comment"

6KOK32HXHZCFVNHGPL74CCVMGA.jpg

BermyStar

Reaction score
I said this in a different thread

Anyway, I won't be on for the game so I'll post this again... I actually have a little faith. I re-watched him vs Zona and Houston in preseason. My four keys for success with Rush.
Two obvious:

1. Lean on the run game
2. Keep the pocket relatively clean

Two not so obvious:

3. Get him on the move
4. 2 reads and let him scramble

I think 12 personnel, which we use a lot (4th in the league through all snaps and 3rd on 1st downs) will be used even more in order to establish a powerful run game and added protection in the pass game. We use more play action out of the 12 personnel wing formations too, so Play action rollouts would be perfect for Rush to make 2 (maybe 3) reads and then use his legs. With a healthy OL we have a chance....

Sheepish

Reaction score
Big game tonight IMO. Vikings could easily be 5-1 and barely lost to AZ and CIN. They could still be playoff contenders.

Good chance for the team to show what they are made of.

Legend

Reaction score
Last year when the Cowboys season was practically over; we should have seen Garrett Gilbert and/or Cooper starting and playing

This season when the Cowboys have a chance to finish with the best record in the NFC; the best proven available veteran QB should have been signed the morning after the Patriots victory

Common sense has not been a common practice for the Dallas Cowboys for 25+ years.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Defense will need to come up big tonight.
And the run game on offense.

Vikings may stack the box at first, so Cooper will or should have some open targets to throw to. Even if dink and dunk.
But Kellen should call too throw a few deep passes early to show them they aren’t afraid to throw it down field.

Status
Not open for further replies.