Game Day Cowboys vs Vikings post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The 2 things that really worry me from last night that appear to be issues we probably can't fix in a few weeks.

1. Doug Free is going to cost us a few drives or worse cause a turnover, particularly if we have to face NYG (JPP) or Seattle(Avril) in the playoffs.

2. Escobar can make a decent block every now and then but blocking clearly is not his strength. A problem for a team that likes to run out of 2 TE sets. The loss of Swaim and Hanna not able to return are significant. Will they consider signing Traylor as the 3rd TE to help in this area?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Dak ran for his life today, that's no excuse though because I don't use that as an excuse unlike Romo lovers.
Which is why I don't understand why some think that Tony would have survived tonight. How many turnovers would he have had?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Cowboys had play after play wiped out by penalties, and the only call (non-call in this case) being talked about this morning is the two point play. Fortunately, it's the NFL. There's no selection committee or polls so just enjoy the tears and 11-1. :muttley:

Thornton did catch a break though, given how they baby QBs today. But we were owed a call in that game.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Which is why I don't understand why some think that Tony would have survived tonight. How many turnovers would he have had?

I don't know if he would have had a bunch of turnovers. Romo is pretty good at protecting the ball.

The last 2 weeks though with the Commanders knowing our plays and the crap long drawn out routes against the Vikings I think it would've been tough for Romo to win as good as he is.

Dak just being able to take off and run when our coaches lay an egg is huge.

lwehlers

Reaction score
great ugly win but sometimes you have to win the ugly ones to win a championship.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Last year, we lost nearly every close game and we complained.

This year, we win nearly every close game and we complained.

We are a fickle bunch.

Seems pretty consistent, actually.

Eddie

Reaction score
Ugly win, but I'll take an ugly win over a beautiful loss any day. We're 11-1.

I wasn't happy watching the game last night. But think about it ... the Vikes have one of the top D's in the league, and we were playing in their house. This was no gimme. Did we really expect to roll over the Vikings? They came to play. We didn't.

The reality is that we're 11-1 ... but could easily be 6-5.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I was very impressed with the answers to the post game questions given by Zeke and Dez on the NFL Network set. Very team oriented and deflected all praise on personal achievement.

Not to take away from your impression, but I've rarely, if ever, heard a player say anything other than praise his team.

These are "Dog bites man" comments.

lukin2006

Reaction score
It was a frustrating game for sure, but I think Dak and the team needed a game like this...ugly wins build character.

I have to believe Jerry is quietly kicking himself for not aggressively adding the necessary defensive pieces last off season, I don't believe for a second that he'll neglect the defence next off season...

Romotil45

Reaction score
Why is no one even saying anything about the obvious false start on the 2 pt comversion? Should have been a dead ball, but a retry from the 12.

False starts by Left tackles often go overlooked. Everybody does it. Just about every left tackle in the league gets a free head start on 3rd down these days.

daveferr33

Reaction score
Come back and talk? When was the last time Romo went 11 and 1? Never? That's right. No qb has ever done that for the Cowboys. Don't think a rookie has done that ever in the NFL. Especially with 2 picks to his name

Romo went 12-1 in 2007, his first full season.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The 2 things that really worry me from last night that appear to be issues we probably can't fix in a few weeks.

1. Doug Free is going to cost us a few drives or worse cause a turnover, particularly if we have to face NYG (JPP) or Seattle(Avril) in the playoffs.

2. Escobar can make a decent block every now and then but blocking clearly is not his strength. A problem for a team that likes to run out of 2 TE sets. The loss of Swaim and Hanna not able to return are significant. Will they consider signing Traylor as the 3rd TE to help in this area?

Correct me if wrong but I seem to recall them adding Looney in for his blocking, or even the WR Mayle who was called for a ticky tacky penalty but seemed to do a pretty good job.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
That game was a playoff run through. They are going to have to win games like that to get to the super bowl. They aren't going to steamroll playoff teams. It is so refreshing to struggle and still win. That was a very good defense riding an emotional high due to a missing coach and a very loud crowd. Very similar to a playoff atmosphere. They didn't play great and still won. This team should be battle tested going into the playoffs.

This this this this

mahoneybill

Reaction score
In the NFL in a 16 game season, you're bound to struggle sometimes...but winning this game against a desperate Viking game was huge...we've played a lot of football in the last few weeks, we are 4-0 in a tough stretch...now we get a break and hopefully we clinch home field soon, then we can rest some bodies and get some guys healthy.

Agree. Take in the " penalty fest" and it appeared at times the ref were more worried about " the spread" than allowing the teams to just play.

Noticed several times the Viking WR grabbing the DB's arms but no call made.

I for one want to see the coaches able to challenge any call on the field. Sure the Mike Perreias of the world will go with their weasel interpretation of the rules but the more these refs get called out for blowing things the better.

I'm sure Vikes coaches/fans wish that rule was in affect to challenge the final play potential " hands to the face" on our DLineman. This soft " if you touch" its the same as a forearm to the head stuff has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.