Game Day ***Cowboys vs Vikings Post Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alweezy

Reaction score
This game is totally different in regards to that game. A backup QB, the most important position on the team, playing a 3-3 team on the road. It was a huge win.

I agree that this was a huge win. The game script is different of course, but the general vibe for today is that we can win any game now. That's also how I felt when we somehow won the Buffalo game in 2007.

That Buffalo game was the game in which I knew that the 2007 season was our turn. Up until that point we were blowing teams out left and right, but that was the first test that showed we could win ugly. I will say to this day that 2007 was our chance to go back to the NFCCG because that team was special.

Yesterday we got our first taste of being special again. All the things you mentioned were the first test, we passed with flying colors. If we can win with our backup on the road in those circumstances, then I'm ready to take on KC and GB and ARI.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey man I noticed you were one of the ones before the game that was optimist about this game. Props to you for getting it right! :thumbup:
Someone said we were going to get routed. I said I’ll bet you a month posting it a close game. I truly appreciate that coming from you. Lol there are a lot of people with integrity here that back to me up also . Been a fan since the 60s. I’m not a homer . I can critique with the best of them lol I just didn’t think the Vikings were that good. And I knew the distance would step up for Prescott

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Sadly.....

The Mike Zimmer era ended tonight. Now it's just a matter of when and where the wake is going to be held.

I hate it had to be us that did it to him.....Mike is a class act. :(
Screw him. None of that fanbase gives two craps about our players or coaches

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I didn't say Cousins would carve up our defense, but I did consider it a strong possibility. Gregory and Parsons made him too uncomfortable to do much...and it was AWESOME!
Cousins was what he’s always been. A talented player that is not a winner or leader. He’s a front runner that crumbles when the going gets tough.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
My only gripe was with Pollard's poor ability in pass protection. Xavier Woods could have ended Cooper Rush on that play. Pollard gotta be better in pass protection.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Cousins was what he’s always been. A talented player that is not a winner or leader. He’s a front runner that crumbles when the going gets tough.
But he has games where he gets hot, and that's what I was concerned about.

wssaustin

Reaction score
Well said, man.
We could have played the whole game with everything under our control. The missing FG was huge, also the offside on 4th-and-5. Without those 2 mistakes, we could be leading when the first half ends, then we can run the ball and play defense all day long in the 2nd half. We wouldn't need those miracles from Coop and Zeke.

What a victory.. I actually had belief we could win.. because I believe this team is far, far far greater than just Dak.

Rush is bad, a victory does nothing to change my mind on that.. even in terms of back up QBs he is weak. What it showed is that you could literally put ANY quarterback in this team and they would put up close to 300 yards. Cooper and Lamb provide reliable, open targets.. and Wilson is exceptional as a 3rd receiver. Defences still have to protect the run as Zeke and Pollard will carve up anything less than a stout run defence. Even in the receiving game.. Zeke made a key play in that final drive that make the win possible. This offence is humming.

The big difference this year is our Defence.. we FINALLY have a legit defence that could take us deep into the playoffs. Our line is fast and aggressive and as the game wore on.. they got more and more pressure on Cousins. Our corners are legit and Parsons has something really special. They are still not an elite defence.. but we have enough pieces to hold teams and they are create enough turnovers/big stops that we can actually win close games and keep things tight if needed.

The weak area still remains our field goal unit.. another miss that could have cost us the W. We really need to think about an upgrade at this position.

I'm not going to hate on Dak.. but this game highlights that what we need at QB is a solid bus driver. Luckily we have one of the best in Dak.

This team has shown me enough to believe we have finally built a SQUAD that can go deep. What a farkin' win!! GO COWBOYS

Status
Not open for further replies.