Game Day ***Cowboys vs Vikings Post Game Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I don't know, six. The play was still going, and he was trying to keep the player from pushing the pile. I think that was a bad call. As for the second one, that was a ridiculously bad call, IMO. The official hadn't blown the whistle (at least not that I heard) and the runner was still in bounds.
I about I don't know the rule with respect to a defensive player pulling an offensive player off a scrum pile, but that second play was bad call. If the refs don't want anyone to hit the RB, they have to blow the whistle. You can't give the offense the yards like they did in the scrum, and then throw a flag when the defense tries to stop a running back before the whistle blows.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Sadly.....

The Mike Zimmer era ended tonight. Now it's just a matter of when and where the wake is going to be held.

I hate it had to be us that did it to him.....Mike is a class act. :(

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
so did anyone see dak with about 48 seconds left he really looked happy for a win. some around here should be happy too.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't know, six. The play was still going, and he was trying to keep the player from pushing the pile. I think that was a bad call. As for the second one, that was a ridiculously bad call, IMO. The official hadn't blown the whistle (at least not that I heard) and the runner was still in bounds.

You can't grab a player like that and throw them to the ground. It's going to get called every time.

The hit on the sideline was close, but he knocked him down with his momentum stopped. The LVE one was actually worse because he shoved the offensive player when he was out of bounds. So those kind of balanced out. Both actually should have been penalties.

Trendnet

Reaction score
You can't grab a player like that and throw them to the ground. It's going to get called every time.

The hit on the sideline was close, but he knocked him down with his momentum stopped. The LVE one was actually worse because he shoved the offensive player when he was out of bounds. So those kind of balanced out. Both actually should have been penalties.

Love to hear your dissertation on why hitting a player in bounds while a play is live, is indeed a penalty.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We lose that game with Prescott.
LMAO - the game would’ve been over at the half. Dak has us up 21 at that point. This whole thing stinks to high heaven, from Dak warming up and not playing to the bogus flags on the Vikes’ last drive. Only good thing from all of that BS is the W. Everything else can die in a fire.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Some of us wouldn't rationally predict a backup QB with no experience could pull if off. That ends badly far more often than it ends well.

I said 31-14 Vikes, and Im just glad Im wrong
I’m not talking about people that thought it would be tough for us to win without Dak. I also thought it would be tough. I’m talking about the ones that were saying we had ZERO chance of winning and that Cousins (a few knuckleheads called him a great QB) was going to carve up our defense. Those posters are the ones I was calling out and they deserve it.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
I’m still shaking, the adrenaline. All day long. I was trying to tell people the Vikings weren’t that good. We should win by three. OK I was wrong we won by four
Hey man I noticed you were one of the ones before the game that was optimist about this game. Props to you for getting it right! :thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You don’t go into a place like Minnesota and play a good team without your starting QB and still come out with a win unless you are a good, deep, well rounded, well coached football team.

Dallas is damn good and they will continue to get better. The defense will improve every game.

And this coaching staff deserves a whole lotta kudos. They are really good.

Great post **, worth double likes. :thumbup:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Dont forget the D - after that first drive they came up big time.
The defense did a great job, which just goes to show this was a great team effort. Not just 1, 2, or 3 people but the whole team, and they've all been showing up to the tune of 6-1 so far this season! The offense, the defense, and the entire coaching staff.
This team not only has talent, it has attitude! And instead of finding ways to lose, they find ways to win!
But this team didn't build itself. Mike McCarthy has put together a good Cowboys team and he deserves a lot of credit for it.

zeke21

Reaction score
What a victory.. I actually had belief we could win.. because I believe this team is far, far far greater than just Dak.

Rush is bad, a victory does nothing to change my mind on that.. even in terms of back up QBs he is weak. What it showed is that you could literally put ANY quarterback in this team and they would put up close to 300 yards. Cooper and Lamb provide reliable, open targets.. and Wilson is exceptional as a 3rd receiver. Defences still have to protect the run as Zeke and Pollard will carve up anything less than a stout run defence. Even in the receiving game.. Zeke made a key play in that final drive that make the win possible. This offence is humming.

The big difference this year is our Defence.. we FINALLY have a legit defence that could take us deep into the playoffs. Our line is fast and aggressive and as the game wore on.. they got more and more pressure on Cousins. Our corners are legit and Parsons has something really special. They are still not an elite defence.. but we have enough pieces to hold teams and they are create enough turnovers/big stops that we can actually win close games and keep things tight if needed.

The weak area still remains our field goal unit.. another miss that could have cost us the W. We really need to think about an upgrade at this position.

I'm not going to hate on Dak.. but this game highlights that what we need at QB is a solid bus driver. Luckily we have one of the best in Dak.

This team has shown me enough to believe we have finally built a SQUAD that can go deep. What a farkin' win!! GO COWBOYS

CWR

Reaction score
The calls against Gregory were correct and I'm surprised that LVE didn't get an unsportsmanlike call as well. The call that got it started, roughing on Basham, was downright awful.

No whistle was blown on Gregory's late hit. LVE was a bang bang play. All of them were ticky tac trash calls.

starfan1

Reaction score
As I look at the stat line of Cooper Rush I’m like wow he played pretty good even though my eye test says he was garbage barring a few throws

I think he made 2 very good throws on the 2 touchdowns but some of his throws looked downright ugly.

ill take the W. The catch cooper made on the last drive was lucky. It was good on coopers end for sticking with it though.

Defensively you can see the progress this team is making. Proud of dem boys

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

With Momentum stopped they have to blow the whistle first. Randy's push out of bounds the whistle hasn't blown and it was not out of bounds. Therefore, it should not have been a penalty. It was a legal within the confines of the rule book.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m not talking about people that thought it would be tough for us to win without Dak. I also thought it would be tough. I’m talking about the ones that were saying we had ZERO chance of winning and that Cousins (a few knuckleheads called him a great QB) was going to carve up our defense. Those posters are the ones I was calling out and they deserve it.
I didn't say Cousins would carve up our defense, but I did consider it a strong possibility. Gregory and Parsons made him too uncomfortable to do much...and it was AWESOME!

Status
Not open for further replies.