Game Day ***Cowboys vs Vikings second half game thread***

speedkilz88

Reaction score
sturm brought up a good point on the radio yesterday. weeden doesn't want to play. he wants to cash checks and sit on the sidelines. he has no fire, no desire to go out there and get hurt at this stage in his career. @Sturm1310 made a good call there.

when you hear weeden talk do you hear someone chopping at the bit to play or do you hear a low energy (thx trump) loser?

On the Cowboys shows, they claimed that the coaches had concern there, but that he's proven otherwise this offseason.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Either our backup receivers are not getting open, or Vaughn and Showers do not trust what they are seeing out there. When was the last time we completed a pass to a receiver?

Or they both just suck. I'm going with the latter. Cowboys have draft someone early next year. We basically have no back up quarterback that can luck into winning a game.

Sydla

Reaction score
I missed the start........... what was the starting OL combination? I assume no Martin, right?

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
If we keep more than 2QB's someone should be fired. Vaughan and Showers are putrid

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Hard to know what to make of this game... our d line is much better. Gregory is going to be a force.

Easy, offensive line got it going in 2nd quarter. First team then looked good. Defense looked good for most of the game.

Sinister

Reaction score
Showers was put in a tough situation he is also an UDFA, so I didn't expect too much...

But Vaughn jeez...

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
I like NOTHING about our backup QB situation.

Obviously, we're doomed w/o Romo, but Weeden, Vaughn and Showers represent a dearth of QB talent.

Seriously, I have zero confidence in Weeden and the others need to join us working stiffs in the real world.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well ok, I guess just give them the SB now...lol....
It is encouraging for him. can't wait until Bradford meets Gregory.

Sucks to not have Hardy Week 2.

I'd love to see that combo line of Hardy, Crawford, Gregory and Lawrence against Bradford.

popp1234

Reaction score
[quote="Sydla, post: 6234427, member: 37959"]Sucks to not have Hardy Week 2.

I'd love to see that combo line of Hardy, Crawford, Gregory and Lawrence against Bradford.[/quote]

And week 1?

Bizwah

Reaction score
Well, one thing is clear. We cannot ignore the QB position next offseason. We have no option if Romo goes down.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I missed the start........... what was the starting OL combination? I assume no Martin, right?

Smith, Leary, Frederick, Bernadeau, Free. They were a little off tonight, but I guess that's to be expected with Smith and Leary just getting back into practice.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If we keep more than 2QB's someone should be fired. Vaughan and Showers are putrid

That's the good news about our QB situation. We'll get to keep one of the players that we didn't want to cut because there's no reasons to keep either Vaughan or Showers as a third QB.

Swaim, Gibson or Bishop can tell them thank you later.

Sydla

Reaction score
[quote="Sydla, post: 6234427, member: 37959"]Sucks to not have Hardy Week 2.

I'd love to see that combo line of Hardy, Crawford, Gregory and Lawrence against Bradford.

And week 1?[/quote]

Not sure your point. I'd be great to have Hardy all 16 games but I think we can win without Hardy against the Giants in Week 1. It would have been nice to have Hardy for a key divisional road game in Week 2.