Game Day *** Cowboys vs Washington post game thread ***

MikeB80

Reaction score
Go to bed, Mike. A war room run by the coaches is a terrible idea.

normally yes. A good group of coaches that have a plan and know what they need to execute it personnel wise is a better situation than the current one.

Mccarthy was not a part of GB's decision making on players and it shows. he is here and its a disaster 7 weeks in.

The jones's just jump from one thing to the other because they have no clue what they are doing at the least if a group of coaches who came in and know what they are doing they could correct that.

look at KC. They had imo the worst GM in football forever in Carl Peterson. they bottomed out and hired Andy Reid and Reid is in charge of everything there. This is what has to happen here. Unfortunately I do not know which coaches have this ability anymore in this league.

cowboyec

Reaction score
i REALLY like Alex Leatherwood,OT-Alabama.
im not ready to move on from Tyron Smith but you can't rely on him and do we know La'el Collins will be back.
i don't see a DT or DE worth taking in the top 5 right now...OT,CB or LB.

PBCCowboy

Reaction score
Jerry gave them a stadium that looks like a mall.
Jerry gave them a workout facility that is so luxurious players get soft.
Are you surprised?
This "team" is atrocious.
The Jets, by many accounts are the worst team in football.
Wrong, wrong!
The Dallas Cowboys are the worse by far.
Can't do ANYTHING right.

cowboyec

Reaction score
normally yes. A good group of coaches that have a plan and know what they need to execute it personnel wise is a better situation than the current one.

Mccarthy was not a part of GB's decision making on players and it shows. he is here and its a disaster 7 weeks in.

The jones's just jump from one thing to the other because they have no clue what they are doing at the least if a group of coaches who came in and know what they are doing they could correct that.

look at KC. They had imo the worst GM in football forever in Carl Peterson. they bottomed out and hired Andy Reid and Reid is in charge of everything there. This is what has to happen here. Unfortunately I do not know which coaches have this ability anymore in this league.
you have to trust your scouts.
they have been looking at these college kids all season long.
trust your scouts.
trust the evaluation process.
trust your board.
and mccarthy's 1st draft class and Dak's injury not being career ending are the ONLY positives.

MikeB80

Reaction score
you have to trust your scouts.
they have been looking at these college kids all season long.
trust your scouts.
trust the evaluation process.
trust your board.
and mccarthy's 1st draft class and Dak's injury not being career ending are the ONLY positives.

yes you do if they have a good track record. This organization stopped listening to them essentially in 2012 when Tom Ciskowski screwed up the whole draft and insisted on Claiborne. That was the end of the scouts running the draft. Garrett essentially made all the decisions through mcclay after that.

If you remember that 12 draft the whole war room was confused and no one seemed to know what was going on.

MikeB80

Reaction score
should never have blown up Texas Stadium.
refurbish it.
but that should still be our home.
like lambeau for green bay.
should NEVER have blown up Texas Stadium.

how was jerry supposed to make all the xtra money on PSL's and extra events and suites without a new stadium. Keep your eye on the ball.

Just like the greedy Texas Rangers owners who built a new stadium to increase the teams value so they could sell the team and make money. The ballpark is a perfect ballpark but they wanted the artificial boost in value so they could sell the team higher.

Trajan

Reaction score
it's getting more and more difficult to stay positive.
am i wrong or did we look better under garrett?
and even during that season when we lost Romo and had to go with Cassel....we looked better than this.
and i was all for firing garrett.
originally...i wanted Urban Meyer.
i liked the McCarthy hire.
i get we've had no real off-season.
i get we've had a ton of injuries.
but so has everybody else and they are finding ways thru it.
how do we look worse under McCarthy...and garrett has yet to accomplish what he did.
i had no idea how many warts on this team Dak was covering.
i thought we could be a 10,11,12 win team.
i had no idea...not one....that we were a bad team.
im lost.

Garrett wasn't good, IMO. Garrett had Romo then Dak who masked a lot of his weakness. Also, can't remember Garrett having a defense this historically bad. No coach would look good with this garbage.

This whole mess starts at the top with Jerry.

I'm in the military in real life. I've been assigned to many different units and locations. One of the fascinating things about leadership is the organizations take on the personality of the leaders. I don't know why this is, but groups adopt the culture of the organization and those around them. There is no "right" or "wrong" way that I've seen to be a good leader. Some of the best are calm and quiet, yet produce amazing results. Others are fiery and hard chargers, no one way to do it. What I do know is that if you create a toxic environment, or a lazy one (which is what I think Jerry created) you produce those results. Sure, sub parts of the organization can buck the system and produce, that's why you want leaders on the defense, for example who create buy in and can perform even in bad units.

I think Jerry undercuts all the coaches. He has an enormous ego, and thinks he can hand some players to a coach who can just win with his guys. The statement he mad after Jimmy left, that "500 coaches could win with his team" demonstrates this. Build an effective organization doesn't work like that. You need a culture, a personality, create buy in from those involved and develop the team. It isn't an overnight process. Sure, talent can overcome much this, but this team doesn't even have this.

Until a coach is brought in, who can clean house and build a new system, I think we are looking at another decade of average / poor from Dallas. Doesn't matter if you have great talent, if the culture sucks.

Anyway, this team is going no where until Jerry is gone. I really don't know what Stephan will be like, but so far I would expect the same from him, just a different flavor of average. Sorry, just wanted to vent.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Garrett wasn't good, IMO. Garrett had Romo then Dak who masked a lot of his weakness. Also, can't remember Garrett having a defense this historically bad. No coach would look good with this garbage.

I'm in the military in real life. I've been assigned to many different units and locations. One of the fascinating things about leadership is the organizations take on the personality of the leaders. I don't know why this is, but groups adopt the culture of the organization and those around them. There is no "right" or "wrong" way that I've seen to be a good leader. Some of the best are calm and quiet, yet produce amazing results. Others are fiery and hard chargers, no one way to do it. What I do know is that if you create a toxic environment, or a lazy one (which is what I think Jerry created) you produce those results. Sure, sub parts of the organization can buck the system and produce, that's why you want leaders on the defense, for example who create buy in and can perform even in bad units.

I think Jerry undercuts all the coaches. He has an enormous ego, and thinks he can hand some players to a coach who can just win with his guys. The statement he mad after Jimmy left, that "500 coaches could win with his team" demonstrates this. Build an effective organization doesn't work like that. You need a culture, a personality, create buy in from those involved and develop the team. It isn't an overnight process. Sure, talent can overcome much this, but this team doesn't even have this.

Until a coach is brought in, who can clean house and build a new system, I think we are looking at another decade of average / poor from Dallas. Doesn't matter if you have great talent, if the culture sucks.

Anyway, this team is going no where until Jerry is gone. I really don't know what Stephan will be like, but so far I would expect the same from him, just a different flavor of average. Sorry, just wanted to vent.
100%

cowboyec

Reaction score
how was jerry supposed to make all the xtra money on PSL's and extra events and suites without a new stadium. Keep your eye on the ball.

Just like the greedy Texas Rangers owners who built a new stadium to increase the teams value so they could sell the team and make money. The ballpark is a perfect ballpark but they wanted the artificial boost in value so they could sell the team higher.
so are you getting my hopes up that jerry is gonna sell the team?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
should never have blown up Texas Stadium.
refurbish it.
but that should still be our home.
like lambeau for green bay.
should NEVER have blown up Texas Stadium.

Agreed, and, if Jerry wanted to, maybe we could've managed to find a way to squeeze some more seats into it, but we've been cursed since we left Texas Stadium.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Broddus....postgame...Move Conner Williams to left tackle...LOL:laugh:

Been saying it for weeks.....

rags

Reaction score
When was the last time the Dallas Cowboys scored just 3 points in a regular season game?

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think he confirmed that mindset recently. He basically said that he has given the coaches good talent, so they need to find a way to win.