Game Day *** Cowboys vs Washington pregame thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayFord

Reaction score
Its tough to decide what I want to see happen today. I think I want them to come out smoking hot and play hard all game, but that might give Jerry the impression they are playing hard for Garrett. I want no excuses for Jerry to keep Garrett. But on the other hand, if they come out playing like they don't care and just want to go home, that's not good either. It means this team is permanently damaged. I don't want another rebuild that's going to take 5 years. I want someone to motivate these players to play to their potential. Then again, if they play hard and lose then I guess their potential is 7-9. I can't be happy about that either.

So let's say they win, then we have to see if the Eagles win. If the Eagles beat the Giants then all the Cowboys do is hurt their draft spot, and help the Commanders at the same time. If the Eagles lose and Dallas's season is not over, then I have to think that Jerry could keep Garrett or at least have an excuse to keep Garrett. I just know Jerry is looking for a reason to keep Garrett as his head coach.

Is there a good outcome today?

only good outcome is Garrett being fired by 8:30 pm EST....

Paradox

Reaction score
I dread the end of football season. After the Cowboys are out of the picture, the long wait for the next season is always excruciating.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jane slater is on the pregame show. Take her news with a grain of salt but She thinks tyron smith is out today but waiting to see how he is in warmups....Fleming at LT and Looney at LG today. She talked to a couple of people this weekend and adrian peterson told her we are playing for our jobs and won't lay down. Said the cowboys locker room was flat all week and apathetic, players told her they had so many expectations and the team failed to live up to them.

She then said their is a coaching disconnect on the team....and won't comment on this until after the game whether it is on offense or defense.

She said she thinks Dak deserves an MVP for all he has been through this year...(What the hell does this mean?)

Michael Gallup went to every player on the team last week and apologized for missing that deep ball and said he lost the game for the team.

said Daks contract holdup is the CBA and the length of the deal. Cooper's agent left his agency and that has been the holdup.

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Can the fans all agree to stand up near the end of the game and give a round of applause to Jason Garret .... Not to mock his clapping, but for hanging in there for 10 years going through the circus that is Jerry's Cowboys .. he did give us some nice moments among the many painful ones ... he was ridiculed and made fun of, called a puppet and his image distorted because of the media and the Jerry factor

:clap:

Thank you coach

:cool:

Carson

Reaction score
Jane slater is on the pregame show. Take her news with a grain of salt but She thinks tyron smith is out today but waiting to see how he is in warmups....Fleming at LT and Looney at LG today. She talked to a couple of people this weekend and adrian peterson told her we are playing for our jobs and won't lay down. Said the cowboys locker room was flat all week and apathetic, players told her they had so many expectations and the team failed to live up to them.

She then said their is a coaching disconnect on the team....and won't comment on this until after the game whether it is on offense or defense.

She said she thinks Dak deserves an MVP for all he has been through this year...(What the hell does this mean?)

Michael Gallup went to every player on the team last week and apologized for missing that deep ball and said he lost the game for the team.

said Daks contract holdup is the CBA and the length of the deal. Cooper's agent left his agency and that has been the holdup.

This team will go as the Eagles game goes today. If the Eagles go up early, they will quit and pack it in. If somehow the Giants get up they will be playing hard

Techsass

Reaction score
Its tough to decide what I want to see happen today. I think I want them to come out smoking hot and play hard all game, but that might give Jerry the impression they are playing hard for Garrett. I want no excuses for Jerry to keep Garrett. But on the other hand, if they come out playing like they don't care and just want to go home, that's not good either. It means this team is permanently damaged. I don't want another rebuild that's going to take 5 years. I want someone to motivate these players to play to their potential. Then again, if they play hard and lose then I guess their potential is 7-9. I can't be happy about that either.

So let's say they win, then we have to see if the Eagles win. If the Eagles beat the Giants then all the Cowboys do is hurt their draft spot, and help the Commanders at the same time. If the Eagles lose and Dallas's season is not over, then I have to think that Jerry could keep Garrett or at least have an excuse to keep Garrett. I just know Jerry is looking for a reason to keep Garrett as his head coach.

Is there a good outcome today?
Jerry pays more attention to the media's perception than he does to the actual score. Jason is now a liability to Jerry's product.

Jerry the fan wants to win. Jerry the business man wants to get paid.

Valkyr

Reaction score
If the Eagles lose, the Cowboys will also lose, if they win, the Cowboys will also win.

That's the lock of the century.

Paradox

Reaction score
Can the fans all agree to stand up near the end of the game and give a round of applause to Jason Garret .... Not to mock his clapping, but for hanging in there for 10 years going through the circus that is Jerry's Cowboys .. he did give us some nice moments among the many painful ones ... he was ridiculed and made fun of, called a puppet and his image distorted because of the media and the Jerry factor

:clap:

Thank you coach

:cool:

If the Cowboys walk off the field as losers, especially if the Eagles lose, he will almost certainly be booed. Beers might even get thrown. I know a lot of zoners will be happy, though.

followthestar

Reaction score
First, I want to be reassured that Dak is the long-term answer by having a good game. I don't think he's great as far as running QBs go, and not the guy to carry the team throwing it either, but a solid starter who is a team leader and has been relatively injury-free. Second, I'm ready for a new style Cowboys - JGs tenure has not brought much excitement over the years. I'm willing to gamble that anyone else really can do as well or better. If we go 6-10 next year under a new coach, I'll at least have hope for the future. Garrett has sucked all the hope out of me. I: would almost root for losing this week if it wasn't the Skins, who I wouldn't give the satisfaction... Still a fan, always. I want what's best for the team and the game. Happy holidays!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
let this season die with a resounding thud and be done with it.

if Garrett isnt released, everyone has their answer if hes committed to another SB.

If he is released, the next HC will still give the same answer, only different flavor and we ll see how much power he gets.

everything else is just speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.