Twitter: Cowboys waiting for FA to settle before jumping in

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score

IMG0833.jpg

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am shocked I tell you, Shocked!
Not a big deal. The defense will be fixed through the draft. Started last year and will take another year or two. You spend big when you are a player or two away. We aren’t there. They will get good value after the first round.

when Zeke and jaylon come off in a year or two, they will be right there with about 27 million extra to spend.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is why dak was smart not to take a discount. They werent going to do anything with that extra cap space

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Because the defense was on pace to be the worst in league history by the time the QB went down.

If it still wasn't the worst in team history it was close.

If you're trying to tell me last years team was championship caliber or even remotely close you haven't a clue.

Point is simple.....this team didn't go 6-10 entirely because the QB and tackles weren't there, because when they WERE (less Collins) there, they were a gimmick onside kick away from being 0-4.....and couldn't stop anyone.

The late season wins were against teams that were even worse.

Can't even believe I'm debating this.
They had injuries on the defensive side as well. Plus they had Nolan as the DC. It was a combination of many factors the biggest being the injuries.

Gaede

Reaction score
This is why dak was smart not to take a discount. They werent going to do anything with that extra cap space

Such a good point.

People were acting like this team was going to spend money like they haven't been here the past 10 years

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I don’t think you can blame dak. The qb is important.... the problem is when 3 out of the next 5-6 of your top paid position guys (zeke... amari... and jaylon) don’t play worth their contracts your going to have issues.

look at the rams...their top 2 players signed... other than the quarterback are all pro level guys.

Zeke had a down year... amari was good but not Elite.... and jaylon was sub par. That can’t happen

fivetwos

Reaction score
They had injuries on the defensive side as well. Plus they had Nolan as the DC. It was a combination of many factors the biggest being the injuries.
Right. Nolan as DC.....but you're trying to tell me this team would have had success if the two OTs and Prescott didn't go down.

Who exactly was injured on defense to cause it to be that bad?

No one.

It was horrific, and your BFF Jerry thinks apparently thinks that changing coordinators is good enough to solve everything because we were THAT close otherwise.

Its the same misevaluation every year.

I'm personally sick of it and I'm not alone.

If you aren't, and accept losing....go ahead, just don't criticize me for not being happy about it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Right. Nolan as DC.....but you're trying to tell me this team would have had success if the two OTs and Prescott didn't go down.

Who exactly was injured on defense to cause it to be that bad?

No one.

It was horrific, and your BFF Jerry thinks apparently thinks that changing coordinators is good enough to solve everything because we were THAT close otherwise.

Its the same misevaluation every year.

I'm personally sick of it and I'm not alone.

If you aren't, and accept losing....go ahead, just don't criticize me for not being happy about it.
Dude quit you’re crap. No one is accepting losing OK. Jeez git a grip.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I don’t think you can blame dak. The qb is important.... the problem is when 3 out of the next 5-6 of your top paid position guys (zeke... amari... and jaylon) don’t play worth their contracts your going to have issues.

look at the rams...their top 2 players signed... other than the quarterback are all pro level guys.

Zeke had a down year... amari was good but not Elite.... and jaylon was sub par. That can’t happen

It's just a potential downside to giving lengthy contracts. Whilst it allows the restructuring of contracts and ability to free up CAP space it also means we are trusting that that player will continue playing the same way he did before he got the contract.

Players playing well in contract years only to falter during the following years isnt anything new.....especially with us where we tend to restructure (not cut).

The problem is that once you start running the team in this way it's difficult to get out of and the issue of Dead Money comes back to bite you (ala Romo and 2017/18).

Alternatively, you could say that a team is only as good as it's weaknesses.....Zeke ran behind an O-Line that were outmatched and outmuscled, Amari had Dalton and Jaylon (who yes looks like a headless chicken chasing the ball) was playing between DT's who couldnt stop my arthritic mother.

The only way of breaking circle is by being lucky in having a number of strong drafts where other teams fail to identify the 'sleeper' talent and we can produce 3/4 good starters.

LittleD

Reaction score
Doesn''t matter to Jerry or Stephen. Last year's FA debacle has left a sour taste. Only 1yr deals for vet min are acceptable now. Players have to get into next week and
worry about getting any job at all.

blueblood70

Reaction score
you people need to calm theF down!!

7 teams in the NFL had not made one FA move yet and lost more players then the DC some big names with plenty of money like the Colts others like the Seahawks, so judge the Jones all you want, most of the teams that win early in FA and spend the most, typically FAIL to do much with it and its like drinking couple energy drinks and the crash and hangover are real..

the DC have plenty of FA left to target and the draft, thats realty..heck just getting back the many very good players that were all injured last year will make our team better, period..thats reality.

you need another dose of reality's, where are all these great FA we pass up coming from? our competitors are losing players some many , so for every team allegedly improving their team getting the day 1 FAs, the teams they left are weakened and you have to ask,

why didnt they go after their own guys if they are so great the CZ says we are stupid for not going after them and overpaying?

the very teams who know these players best, let them walk, so either they now are going to be bad or replace them with inferior talent OR the team that just acquired them, just got duped..Ive seen more high priced FA fail then make it..

sure id like to see more activity from the Jones fill some holes but ill save my off season repaort card until the roster is finalized and not be pessimistic drama queen like a lot of you who simply like to hear yourselves WHINE!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I dont typically agree with you but ill join you in trying to calm these overeacting knee-jerking drama queens the past 3 days on FA .

7 teams in the NFL had not made one FA move yet and lost more players then the DC some big names with plenty of money like the Colts others like the Seahawks, so judge the Jones all you want, most of the teams that win early in FA and spend the most, typically FAIL to do much with it and its like drinking couple energy drinks and the crash and hangover are real..

the DC have plenty of FA left to target and the draft, thats realty..heck just getting back the many very good players that were all injured last year will make our team better, period..thats reality.

you need another dose of reality's, where are all these great FA we pass up coming from? our competitors are losing players some many , so for every team allegedly improving their team getting the day 1 FAs, the teams they left are weakened and you have to ask,

why didnt they go after their own guys if they are so great the CZ says we are stupid for not going after them and overpaying?

the very teams who know these players best, let them walk, so either they now are going to be bad or replace them with inferior talent OR the team that just acquired them, just got duped..Ive seen more high priced FA fail then make it..

sure id like to see more activity from the Jones fill some holes but ill save my off season repaort card until the roster is finalized and not be pessimistic drama queen like a lot of you who simply like to hear yourselves WHINE!