Twitter: Cowboys waiting for FA to settle before jumping in

fivetwos

Reaction score
I'm not all broken up over not getting a 1tech for 11m per. Similar players are available in the mid rounds of the draft and can get into a rotation immediately.

What you probably CANT find in the draft is a centerfielder who can be a leader immediately, and I would have liked to have challenged John Johnsons burning desire to play for the Browns with a better offer.

Instead we will wait to see which of the dudes with a blown out achillies will play for free on a prove it deal, which leaves us in the same spot next year regardless of the result.

fivetwos

Reaction score
These free agency threads are making my week. I haven't laughed so hard in months. It's like a bunch of spoiled you know what who are so upset they didn't get their way.
Every year we take the same approach toward free agency, and every year we don't get past the divisional round, or are talking draft before November.

What makes ME laugh is that you can't see the logic in people being upset over that.

I would love to appease you and post something positive.

I'll let you know when I come up with something.

Carson

Reaction score
I'm not all broken up over not getting a 1tech for 11m per. Similar players are available in the mid rounds of the draft and can get into a rotation immediately.

What you probably CANT find in the draft is a centerfielder who can be a leader immediately, and I would have liked to have challenged John Johnsons burning desire to play for the Browns with a better offer.

Instead we will wait to see which of the dudes with a blown out achillies will play for free on a prove it deal, which leaves us in the same spot next year regardless of the result.

Money wasn’t the issue. He had better offers with more money

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you figure?

So they don’t overspend on a player that will not be the difference maker they need. They need to get other areas fixed in the draft first. Then go get that 1 or 2 guys if needed.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So they don’t overspend on a player that will not be the difference maker they need. They need to get other areas fixed in the draft first. Then go get that 1 or 2 guys if needed.

That isn't how it works. FA is right now.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That isn't how it works. FA is right now.

yes I know that. I was thinking more like in 2022.
Find out where the team is this year. Then when the cap jumps up next year. Then go get the guys that will help.
Last year with all the injuries it was tough to truly evaluate how the team stands.

Such as, a player make look weak with 2 players near him. But pit that same player between 2 very good or great players, and he will be better playing the way expected.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Waiting-Memes-52918-aad4877.jpg

LLLOOOLLL

Sydla

Reaction score
Every year we take the same approach toward free agency, and every year we don't get past the divisional round, or are talking draft before November.

What makes ME laugh is that you can't see the logic in people being upset over that.

What's funny is that Rockport keeps getting Charlie Brown'd every year by this franchise and then shows up each year to scold people that they aren't viewing the Cowboys in the proper light.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
They are just waiting for a drug addict and/or idiot problem child to be released.

They like signing guys like that so Jerry can feel like he is doing a good thing by taking those guys under his wing.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

So that's the reason we didn't make it to the playoffs? Might it have been all the injuries last year like Dak, Martin, T. Smith, Looney, L. Collins, and playing with 2 FA tackles? New coach that had no offseason? Backup QB was out for a couple games. McCoy (a free agent) was injured in the first padded practice? They signed about 5 or 6 free agents last year. Some played good, some played horrible and some got injured. So what is it? Or did you not think that much about it?

fivetwos

Reaction score
So that's the reason we didn't make it to the playoffs? Might it have been all the injuries last year like Dak, Martin, T. Smith, Looney, L. Collins, and playing with 2 FA tackles? New coach that had no offseason? Backup QB was out for a couple games. McCoy (a free agent) was injured in the first padded practice? They signed about 5 or 6 free agents last year. Some played good, some played horrible and some got injured. So what is it? Or did you not think that much about it?
Take away every single injury on Dallas last year and they probably finish 8-8 or 9-7 and win what was probably the worst division in any season since the merger.

You think they would have beaten Brady in round one?

Even if they did, they would have been humiliated in Green Bay.

That defense they ran out there was legedarily atrocious. They had a full team except for Collins early on and got the snot beat out of them every week.

They changed schemes on defense and did zero personnel wise to accommodate it.

If that's not pure dysfunction I'm not sure what is.

But anyway....trying to tell anyone this team was any good last year except for injuries is ridiculous.

The people running this team seem to think exactly like you.....everything is great when it isn't even close.

And you say being negative is being worse than being naive??

Allowing positivity to cloud any sense of reality is debilitating, and exactly the problem with the leadership of this franchise.

Luckily, as Jerry has often told us, we have the "advantage" of him being able to come back year after year and do it again.

Enjoy....

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Take away every single injury on Dallas last year and they probably finish 8-8 or 9-7 and win what was probably the worst division in any season since the merger.

You think they would have beaten Brady in round one?

Even if they did, they would have been humiliated in Green Bay.

That defense they ran out there was legedarily atrocious. They had a full team except for Collins early on and got the snot beat out of them every week.

They changed schemes on defense and did zero personnel wise to accommodate it.

If that's not pure dysfunction I'm not sure what is.

But anyway....trying to tell anyone this team was any good last year except for injuries is ridiculous.

The people running this team seem to think exactly like you.....everything is great when it isn't even close.

And you say being negative is being worse than being naive??

Allowing positivity to cloud any sense of reality is debilitating, and exactly the problem with the leadership of this franchise.

Luckily, as Jerry has often told us, we have the "advantage" of him being able to come back year after year and do it again.

Enjoy....
Stopped reading after that line. Give me a break.