Cowboys waive OT William Sweet, Hello QB?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hundley has 1 thing going for him and that is he was a 5th rd pick of the Packers under McCarthy. As for who may get the backup spot? Gilbert or Hundley all I can say is go out and compete for the job

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hundley has 1 thing going for him and that is he was a 5th rd pick of the Packers under McCarthy. As for who may get the backup spot? Gilbert or Hundley all I can say is go out and compete for the job
Make 'em sweat. Brings out the best (and worst) in the pecking order.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Make 'em sweat. Brings out the best (and worst) in the pecking order.

Exactly, I know people here have opinions and you will see some saying it should be Gilbert but for me I want the backup some earned not given, I like Gilbert and should he and Hundley compete for the job (if Dallas signs Hundley) then may the best man win and I don't care which guy gets it as long as they went out and earned that job.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, I know people here have opinions and you will see some saying it should be Gilbert but for me I want the backup some earned not given, I like Gilbert and should he and Hundley compete for the job (if Dallas signs Hundley) then may the best man win and I don't care which guy gets it as long as they went out and earned that job.
I hope there is real competition for the depth chart. The favorite son method needs to go away.

blueblood70

Reaction score
BH could be sign that MM will have more input on offense this season? players comfortable runnig his scheme not KM..im all for that , KM needs some coaching himself and MM should have some larger role in offense with real offseason..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BH could be sign that MM will have more input on offense this season? players comfortable runnig his scheme not KM..im all for that , KM needs some coaching himself and MM should have some larger role in offense with real offseason..
Yeah, it would certainly point to MM having more control. The DiNucci pick last year was all MM.
The offensive scheme had a wild hair in some of the game calls last year. MM needs to settle those kind of things down and keep it real. (Let's hope it was just KM getting too creative.)

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I like Gilbert, but camp arms are important. Bring them all in, but I have little confidence is Jerry keeping the best one.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
The two of them have practically zero NFL experience. Hundley has that above them both, and experience with the coach. He may not be the backup QB, but he's a better bet than GG and da Nooch.

Agree! I know there are a lot of QB experts here that think guys like Rodgers suck :rolleyes: but I actually watched some Hundley highlights and he’s very serviceable and can get outside the pocket. I’m not sure who people here are expecting

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Before you start to think that the Cowboys released a player to make room to sign another player, each team is allowed to bring 90 players to camp and right now the Cowboys only have 88 so I seriously doubt Sweet was released to sign any player.

Prior to cutting Sweet the Cowboys were at the 90 man roster limit- technically they had 91 since tackle Isaac Alarcon is still exempt as part of the international players development program. So Sweet was cut to make room for somebody.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys waived William Sweet OT. I Assume it's in preparation for the signing of a vet QB.
Are we going to see Brett Hundley soon? He was a record setter at UCLA. Could be useful.

I liked Hundley coming out of college. But for some reason he has not preformed in the NFL like I thought he would, or he hasn't had the chance. But I don't see why Dallas would be more comfortable with him over Gilbert. Maybe McCarthy just knows him better.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Might have been impressed by J.T. Barrett enough to bring him to camp.
Just saying.

Bring *lots* of QBs to camp. McCarthy is supposed to be a QB Whisperer. Supposed to be able to develop QBs. Let's give him the opportunity to show us the magic. Finding and developing QBs should be a top priority, and have resources put into that priority.