RELEASED Cowboys waive RB JaQuan Hardy

Motorola

Reaction score
Say it isn't so. I expected Hardy to at least get a chance to compete against the other nothings we have trying to be the third running back.
UDFA that was tethered to the practice squad until the 14th week - when Pollard was injured in the previous game.
Only other action was in the season finale.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
UDFA that was tethered to the practice squad until the 14th week - when Pollard was injured in the previous game.
Only other action was in the season finale.

Yes, but for a third RB, we have two rookie UDFAs (Davis and Shampklin) and three non-rookie UDFAs (Dowdle, Nall and Ralston) and two of them are fullbacks. So it isn't like the bar is set real high for that spot.

Motorola

Reaction score
Yes, but for a third RB, we have two rookie UDFAs (Davis and Shampklin) and three non-rookie UDFAs (Dowdle, Nall and Ralston) and two of them are fullbacks. So it isn't like the bar is set real high for that spot.
Yet - the team is entering the upcoming season with the no. 1 RB for the last 6 years likely being cut because of his contract + declining production -AND the no. 2 RB for the last 3 years likely not being re-signed because the FO not wanting to keep him at a salary a number of other teams will pay him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is that like if a train leaves St Louis at the same time the train in Philadelphia is delayed 45 mins which one covers 300 miles faster kind of problem
:huh:
No.

It took Hardy more than 15 minutes to cover 40 yards...

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet - the team is entering the upcoming season with the no. 1 RB for the last 6 years likely being cut because of his contract + declining production -AND the no. 2 RB for the last 3 years likely not being re-signed because the FO not wanting to keep him at a salary a number of other teams will pay him.
They can sign a quality RB for half of Zeke's salary in 2023.

RB tends to acclimate from college to pro faster than other positions. A 2023 2nd round pick could easily start day 1.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tough game this NFL, killin kids dreams since forever. Hope he latches on with someone else.
Yes, when you're that close but just not quite good enough is tougher to accept than a college player that had no chance of making an NFL team.

Over 8 Billion people in the world and 1696 active roster spots. Your talent ends up around top 2000 but not top 1696.

I still believe that a legit minor league would attract viewers if the teams were linked to NFL teams.

If there were 32 XFL teams each linked to an NFL team, I would watch all the games of the team linked to the Cowboys.

Even if there was just 1 XFL team per NFL division, I would watch.

Start the season right after the Super Bowl and make all NFL players that were healthy but that didn't start an NFL game eligible for the minor league.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought Brendan Knox was better then both Hardy & Dowdle . He was a camp cut at the end of 2021 . Going into the season don’t think it’s that difficult to find a serviceable 3rd back who might get 15 touches the entire yr .

RonWashington

Reaction score
The Giants cut DeVontae Booker awhile back thought he would be an interesting fit this season but he’s more money then Dallas wants to spend .

stinkface

Reaction score
Based on his goggles, I expect him to be working at a Walmart Vision Center in the next month or two.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Not sure the significance. Rookie RBs have shown that they can start right off the bat. So if we cut Elliott after the season, which I don't think is a given depending on his production, you can find a starter to replace him. If we do cut Elliott, I think there's a real good chance that we'll bring Pollard back. So we'll probably go into next season looking for one RB in the draft.

Of course, we let Murray walk pretty much without anyone to replace him, so we may just reboot the position after this season, but I'm OK with not trying to get that replacement in place this year. Then, we just end up burning a year because he wouldn't get much playing time over Elliott and Pollard.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Probably too expensive. Marina gas is off the chains right now.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
They can sign a quality RB for half of Zeke's salary in 2023.

RB tends to acclimate from college to pro faster than other positions. A 2023 2nd round pick could easily start day 1.

Bijan Robinson will be taking an Uber from Austin up I-35 next year coming to Big D. Ready to report for duty. May have to try to get to the top of the 2nd round to get him though. He has first round talent but what NFL team is willing to spend that pick on a RB these days?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bijan Robinson will be taking an Uber from Austin up I-35 next year coming to Big D. Ready to report for duty. May have to try to get to the top of the 2nd round to get him though. He has first round talent but what NFL team is willing to spend that pick on a RB these days?
I'm OK with RB in the late 1st.

Praxit

Reaction score
... I liked Hardy, but seemed a good hit from a fumble. A bit on small side.