Cowboys Wearing Alternate Jersey Thanksgiving?

erod

Reaction score
Do they have the front numbers shrunk and on the right breast under the swoosh?

Good gawd.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
1994-Monday-Night.jpg

This? If so I don't like the look of that. The helmets really stand out and not in a good way. I much prefer this
Man-0971.jpg

I'm pretty sure the top picture is the actual 1960 uniforms the Cowboys wore. I think they wore those 1 time when they played Detroit on a Monday Night in 1994, It was in celebration of the NFL 75 year anniversary. The double star, also introduced in 1994, was a Jerry/Charlotte Jones creation as our alternate jerseys. I might be wrong.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
These are my favorite uniforms by far. Unfortunately we probably won't see them again unless they decide to wear the throwback jerseys on a different day besides Thanksgiving. Supposedly the equipment team simply doesn't have time to paint all of the helmets on a short week with the practices squeezed in. Combine that with the new helmet rules and looks unlikely to happen.

Paint?? Couldn't they just do a vinyl wrap that peels off after they're done?

CowboyGil

Reaction score
Not a fan of the double stars, but to each his own. I am a fan of the royal blue away jerseys from 1977-1980, wish they would throwback to those one time.

And do the old style star with the plain white border.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I abhor those throwback uniforms. Go all blue or go white.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Good gawd.

I guess Nike has gotten cute and gone soccer with that look. That's what it looked like to me anyways. Pathetic. Well, we are going global with the NFL. Might as well get up to speed with the rest of European sports' fashions. :rolleyes:

erod

Reaction score
I guess Nike has gotten cute and gone soccer with that look. That's what it looked like to me anyways. Pathetic. Well, we are going global with the NFL. Might as well get up to speed with the rest of European sports' fashions. :rolleyes:

That leaves room to put AT&T across the front down the road.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Good gawd.

Just looked at it again. You and I are wrong. That is a shoulder profile. That Nike swoosh is on the shoulder with the number on the sleeve area. Stars on the top of the shoulder pad. Whew! All is good. Looks just like the 94' uni's.

erod

Reaction score
Just looked at it again. You and I are wrong. That is a shoulder profile. That Nike swoosh is on the shoulder with the number on the sleeve area. Stars on the top of the shoulder pad. Whew! All is good. Looks just like the 94' uni's.

I don't think so. Look where the second number starts. Both numbers look to be on the same side of the V-neck.

HanD

Reaction score

Good gawd.

to me it looks like the star on the shoulders, the nike symbol and numbers on the shoulder sleeve. the white is the main front part of the jersey?

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
No, it's definitely a pic of the left shoulder. Just look at the seams and compare. It's definitely not the style you and I thought originally.

100% correct the star is tied into the white part on the front to the seam on the shoulder with the # being on the shoulder/arm area below the swoosh

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I miss these jerseys so much

temp20121122_DAL_Dez_Bryant02.jpg
They still have them but it seems weird paying elite money when they don't even wear them. That's probably why they are going with the double star jersey now. These jerseys need to go on sale honestly.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
http://i88.***BLOCKED***/albums/k195/metsjerseys/dallas%20cowboys%201994/woodson2.jpg

Does this look like it?

This is my favorite all time.

2nd - for thanksgiving game only - red white blue stripe helmet.(I know it's 1976 bicentennial) Rub "Americas team" in their faces on thanksgiving.

tumblr_lld1ftZTMP1qa74k5.jpg

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Paint?? Couldn't they just do a vinyl wrap that peels off after they're done?

I'm not sure but some of the guys close to the team have said thats what the equipment staff and Cowboys have said regarding the throwbacks.

erod

Reaction score
to me it looks like the star on the shoulders, the nike symbol and numbers on the shoulder sleeve. the white is the main front part of the jersey?

Yes, you're right. I'm seeing it from the wrong angle.