Twitter: Cowboys were interested in Sean Payton

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is what I always expected was the case. Payton made a lot of sense for them. I think there are probably a handful of coaches they’d consider upgrades, but not many. And now this team being not very good, and the current three game losing skid as forced Jerry’s hand a bit when he didn’t really want it to.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The last 3 seasons the Saints have had the best team in the NFC with no SB appearance to show for it. Sean blames this on everyone but himself. Doesnt mean he is not a good coach but is telling on what type of person he is.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
This is what I always expected was the case. Payton made a lot of sense for them. I think there are probably a handful of coaches they’d consider upgrades, but not many. And now this team being not very good, and the current three game losing skid as forced Jerry’s hand a bit when he didn’t really want it to.
And that’s a big part of the problem. Most know that there are many more than a handful of coaches that are better football men. Which should be the key. You’d think.

The problem is that they aren’t good for Jerry and his ego.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Yeah I remember those note passing days in elementary. Do you like me check yes or no because I like you but only if you like me same thing here

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jerry screwed up way back when he let him walk out the door. Had to of known Bill wasn’t going to be here long should of paid the man and named him coach in waiting.

You can't name coaches in waiting.

Literally a rule for over 15 years now

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that’s a big part of the problem. Most know that there are many more than a handful of coaches that are better football men. Which should be the key. You’d think.

The problem is that they aren’t good for Jerry and his ego.

I don’t agree that there are a lot of obvious upgrades out there. But I would agree that ‘needs to work with Jerry’ is a big additional hurdle any coach has to clear. Along with, or directly related to “needs to deal well with constant distraction and an amplified spotlight.”

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We can put that to bed. Why would he ever leave that situation to come to this trainwreck.