Twitter: Cowboys were interested in Sean Payton

DFWJC

Reaction score
The last 3 seasons the Saints have had the best team in the NFC with no SB appearance to show for it. Sean blames this on everyone but himself. Doesnt mean he is not a good coach but is telling on what type of person he is.
To be fair, they did get epically screwed last year vs the Rams.
The most obvious pass interference you could ever even dream of having, and it wasn't called. That gives them the win, most likely.

It is true though, that as good as he is, they only have one SB appearance and win. And that year, they got home field all the way through and some huge breaks (literally) to beat the Vikings.

Last edited:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Another case of unnamed source or as Rapoport put it "back channels" and why this is doubtful. Paton signed this extension just 3 months ago so prior to that Payton was still under contract so any communications about a possible hire or contract by the Cowboys or someone else doing it for the Cowboys would be tampering. If what Rapoport said is true then the league would have also been able to dig it up and there would have been big headlines that the Cowboys got caught tampering with Payton.

Far to people just don't get it that these "insiders" can and do say anything using unnamed sources or "back channels" just to get clicks. Just look at how many times these "insiders" say something that never actually happens.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Unlike earlier in his career, he's a big part of the New Orleans community now.
A local hero like they've never had in the coaching ranks.
Here, even if he won the SB, he'd just be one of three coaches to do it.

Plus, there's the obvious. No Jerry in New Orleans. Its Payton's team all the way.
Helped Payton get the big deal though

ItzKelz

Reaction score
To be fair, they did get epically screwed last year vs the Rams.
The most obvious pass interference you could ever even dream of having, and it wasn't called. That gives them the win, most likely.
Worst playoff non call I have ever seen. The game didnt end on that play. With plenty of game left he as a coach still had time to win that particular game and he took no blame for it. The year before they lose on a freak play due the player not knowing how to handle that play with that much time on the clock....again the coach took no blame for it. This year you already see signs of him blaming everyone but himself. Good coach that has not won a ring in awhile and you kinda scratch your head on why that is the case.....I say it is him.

Last edited:

Proof

Reaction score
So Payton had no interest in the cowboys.............thanks to our a-hole owner we will continue to get the leftovers.

or he’s comfortable in his current great gig and got a generous contract

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The last 3 seasons the Saints have had the best team in the NFC with no SB appearance to show for it. Sean blames this on everyone but himself. Doesnt mean he is not a good coach but is telling on what type of person he is.

Last year the saints got screwed on the worst PI call never called and it was so bad that the league changed it so calls like that can now be challenged and that was all Payton's fault. Please tell us all of the other things Payton blamed for not getting to the Super Bowl. I think this is a case of you just not liking Payton so you decided to spread some fake news.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Jerry screwed up way back when he let him walk out the door. Had to of known Bill wasn’t going to be here long should of paid the man and named him coach in waiting.

For team moral you can't name a coach under the head coach as head coach in waiting. The player would think that if management doesn't have faith enough in the head coach that their already naming a new one in waiting why should I wreck my body for the current head coach. Not to mention what that head coach would think and feel for the same reason.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait, that can't be right. I thought Garrett was the only coach who throws everyone else under the bus.

Mobinvans

Reaction score
We are AWLAYS interested in good players and coaches.....we never get them, but shucks we are interested!

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Worst playoff non call I have ever seen. The game didnt end on that play. With plenty of game left he as a coach still had time to win that particular game and he took no blame for it. The year before they lose on a freak play due the player not knowing how to handle that play with that much time on the clock....again the coach took no blame for it. This year you already see signs of him blaming everyone but himself. Good coach that has not won a ring in awhile and you kinda scratch your head on why that is the case.....I say it is him.

Here's the truth on what happened which is completely different than your version. That non-pass interference called came when the 3rd down play started with 1:49 left in the 4th quarter. If a flag was thrown the saints would have had a 1st and goal at the rams 3 yard line. Equally important was that the rams only had 1 time out left. The saints could have taken all but 2 or 3 seconds off the clock and kicked a chip shot field goal to win or they could have just run straight ahead after taking a knee at least once and scored a TD which would have meant the rams would have had to drive the field with no time outs left and little time to tie the game.