News: Cowboys will not pursue Manziel following latest situation

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No, he's not. He's a trust-fund baby.

Yeah, forgot about that his parents are worth about $50M. Him being spoiled all his life is probably why he's on the road to destruction.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Sounds like a very toxic relationship. He can't shake his girl. Thing is if you're old enough we've all been there with those feelings - but not to the extend he's going through them. It think it's the first time in life he isn't getting what he wanted on several fronts. If he makes it to 30 he's gonna look back and really regret his life

Yea, just wait until he's in prison and she has no access to his money. She'll shake loose soon enough after that. If Manziel thinks any of his so-called "friends", or "girlfriend", is interested in him for more than a free ride, he's a bigger idiot than I thought. Manziel needs to step away from football and get his life in order or he'll up dying sooner rather than later, unintentionally or intentionally. He brought this all on himself and he's the only one that can take it away. Barring a criminal charge, where a judge could order mandatory treatment, he can't be forced to do anything. Unfortunately, it'll probably be too late by that time.....

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Hmmmm...not sure about that. Maybe he will regret missing out on playing in the NFL. But assuming he's in decent health at 30 and his family hasn't disowned him, he'll be ok. Actually better off than a lot of folks. But still, that does not excuse his recent behavior at all...

Yeah - I might have been a bit harsh and you're right. Hopefully he learns form it and is better.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I know there's a Manziel thread in the other sub, but this one directly relates to Dallas, so I figured I'd post it here.

"The Dallas Cowboys have been linked to Johnny Manziel at a number of points in the former Heisman Trophy winner's NFL career, and were rumored to be a possible landing spot for Manziel as recently as this week.

But a high-ranking Cowboys source says that Dallas is out on Manziel after the latest reports involving the quarterback and domestic violence allegations...."

More...

http://www.kens5.com/story/sports/n...-wake-domestic-violence-allegations/79868428/

Think after his dad came out saying he tried to put his son in rehab twice this past week it was over. But before that i believe Jerry wanted Manziel. Well looks like we will Griffin in Dallas.

Plankton

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Cas2800

Reaction score
For his parents to come out publicly and say they tried to admit him to rehab twice this week and he walked away shows that they are desperate. Going public with something like this takes a lot of love and guts. I'm sure Johnny is furious with them. They obviously knew this would ruin his football career but at this point they don't care. They know he needs professional help. And for those blaming his parents......would you say your parents are to blame for all your or your siblings mistakes? Everyone is responsible for their own actions. Its nobody's fault but Johnny's and nobody cant fix it except for Johnny.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He should change his name to Johnny Drama. He is just a drama queen.

It really isn't that big of a deal. Stay sober and play football. Thousands of guys have done it before you and thousands will do it after you.

I usually say live and let live but he obviously can't handle his liquor.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
If THEY can't get him help? I don't know their relationship and it's none of my business...but as his father, he better be doing everything he can to get his son's life on track. Football comes second.

Sounds like is has tried to, based on the agent's letter.

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL....Best player in College football that year and beat #1 Bama and he was still a wet behind the ears Freshman and he can't play..WHATEVER!! His head aint right but he can play...I don't care if it is the NFL..........

College is another world.

The fact he played great against Bama 3 years ago doesn't mean a whole heck of a lot.

RS12

Reaction score
I really hope there's some kind of market for Griffin as a starting QB next year. Something that will make him choose another team.

According to Benjamin Allbright of Mile High Sports AM 1340 in Denver, the Cowboys are focused on the possibility of acquiring Griffin. The Commanders are soon expected to part ways with their former first-round quarterback and he should be available come free agency.

Allbright also cites the Cowboys and Rams as two teams that will push for Griffin when the quarterback hits the market.

If the Rams tell he could start, maybe he goes there.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
If THEY can't get him help? I don't know their relationship and it's none of my business...but as his father, he better be doing everything he can to get his son's life on track. Football comes second.

Affluenza is taught from somewhere;) His father failed him; plain and simple.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy", but Affluenza isn't a thing. It's not recognized in the Diagnostic and statistical manual of disorders. It's a phony defense from lawyers that a judge accepted because he was paid off.

Oh I hear ya completely (used the winking icon tryng to convey that), just using it in the informal way to make my point. I here you though with the case in TX, etc.

coult44

Reaction score
I never understand people on this board being infatuated with the amount of threads there are or aren't about a given subject. Unless it is your job to clean the board, then why do you care so much? And even then, if it is your job, you wouldn't have it unless those threads existed lol. If you don't want to read a thread, or a post in the thread, then control yourself and don't click on it!! Unless you just like to gripe or how is how grouchy you are. Chilllllax, now we can move strictly to the RG3 signing threads...

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to Benjamin Allbright of Mile High Sports AM 1340 in Denver, the Cowboys are focused on the possibility of acquiring Griffin. The Commanders are soon expected to part ways with their former first-round quarterback and he should be available come free agency.

Allbright also cites the Cowboys and Rams as two teams that will push for Griffin when the quarterback hits the market.

If the Rams tell he could start, maybe he goes there.

Rams, Texans. There's hope we won't waste our time with a fake QB like Griffin.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
I really feel for the family of Manziel. As a father who lost his 24 year old daughter to suicide 15 months ago I sympathize with what they are going thru. No matter how much money you have or how much help you see they need and you want to get them, Its almost impossible to make them seek the help they need unless THEY want the help. Once your child turns 18 no doctors, insurances or anyone will listen to you or provide you with information dues to HIPPA restrictions. The problem is when someone is not in their right mind (as Manziel) they need help. Its heart breaking to see someone much less your own child spiral out of control and you cant help them because they refuse help. Prayers to the Maziel family as it brings back an all too familiar pain.

Cass, I'm very sorry for your loss and respect the courage it had to take to reveal your story with us. My condolences to you and your family.