Twitter: Cowboys will pick 10th in 2021 NFL Draft

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Rousseau is. NOT a top 10 pick. Late 1st, early 2nd. He somehow is a tweener at 6-6 and is very hit and miss. Big bust potential. However, some team might bite. If Von Miller were to leave in FA maybe DEN grabs him. But they desperately need a CB. Payne is a hard working DE but he’s not ultra, elite talented. I think he goes late 1st, early 2nd. I doubt a DT goes in the top 10. There are elite WRs, CBs, QBs, LBs and OTs in this draft and every team in the top 20 desperately needs one.
He’s actually 6’7” at 253 last football season. He sat out this year, but ...
“Rousseau is tall, long and quick off the edge. He has power to overwhelm blockers and works back inside once he is even with the quarterback. He opted out of the 2020 season, but he had 15.5 sacks last season for the Hurricanes -- which ranked him No. 2 in the country behind Chase Young-- and he totaled 19.5 tackles for loss (tied for seventh). As a run-defender, Rousseau can set the edge and make plays. He has future Pro Bowl talent.” - McShay’s opinion

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Surtain
Farley
Parsons.

I don't think there is a DT of value here

Agreed. I think round 2 at the earliest is where you'll find a DT of value. Frankly, the best DT that should be available this offseason will be Leonard Williams imo. I'd sign him, try to sign Von Miller, draft Parsons, a safety in round 2, and a DE and LB in round 3 with what should be 2 3rd round picks for us.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
He’s actually 6’7” at 253 last football season. He sat out this year, but ...
“Rousseau is tall, long and quick off the edge. He has power to overwhelm blockers and works back inside once he is even with the quarterback. He opted out of the 2020 season, but he had 15.5 sacks last season for the Hurricanes -- which ranked him No. 2 in the country behind Chase Young-- and he totaled 19.5 tackles for loss (tied for seventh). As a run-defender, Rousseau can set the edge and make plays. He has future Pro Bowl talent.” - McShay’s opinion

I know. He did have one good year. I really, really would have liked to have seen another full year before I go top 10. He’s considered a tweener by many at 6’6!?!?? He lacks true power at the POA and has no real pure pass rushing moves. He’s not refined at all and just relies on his size. Those kind of guys tend to really struggle in the NFL. I like him in the back end of the 1st, but dang there’s some really ready plug and play day 1 defensive players at 10 too. I am just looking from a value standpoint. He scares me at 10. 25? Not so much.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The whole Clemson team got run over by an earth mover. The QB was the least of their problems.
NAH I agree..but I am only saying he may not be what we think he is. Fair or unfair to the kid. I think he will need some refinement and to me, that doesnt scream top 10 prospect.The Wilson kid verifies via the eyeball test...he will be a great pro immediately if he can earn the reps early.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
NAH I agree..but I am only saying he may not be what we think he is. Fair or unfair to the kid. I think he will need some refinement and to me, that doesnt scream top 10 prospect.The Wilson kid verifies via the eyeball test...he will be a great pro immediately if he can earn the reps early.

I have Lawrence at the Andrew Luck level of college QB. And not the Luck that left with the injuries. The kid coming out of Stanford.
That’s where Lawrence is. A sure fire franchise QB with elite traits.

He’s not John Elway level. That’s a unicorn.