CFZ Cowboys win mark of a good team

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Good teams find a way to win when they have a bad performance.

We provided the Texans every opportunity to win yesterday with multiple turnovers and poor QB play.

It also helped we were playing the worst record team in the league. We probably don’t overcome that poor performance against a playoff caliber team.

I wasn’t totally surprised. I felt it would be hard getting the team up against a 1-10 Texan team being 17 point favorites at home . I felt better after our opening drive . But the fumbled punt provided them their first opportunity.

Just what we didn’t want was to give life and momentum to a team accustomed to losing. But we continued giving them life and momentum . We even provided them on the 4 yard line an opportunity to put the game away.

In the end they acted like a losing team. And our QB and offense came to life with a game winning drive to squash what would have been a very embarrassing loss at home supporting we are more pretenders than contenders.

Bad teams find new ways to lose and good teams find ways to win. Fortunately for us we were facing a very bad team.

We have some more lose-able games coming up. Jags are playing better , Titans usually tough at home, Egirls and Skins . This shouldn’t have been one of them.

Hopefully we can breathe a sigh of relief and it will wake us up. And be thankful we are good enough to overcome.
Yes against bad teams……LMAO

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Forget yesterday. They no showed. It happens.

When they are on, they are finally good enough to get it done, but don’t seem to be getting the breaks, which is also needed.

That could change come playoff season.
Believe me Dak does have a playoff light switch…..but it is always set on off!

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Remember Your talking about the Dallas Cowboys. A team the fans can’t trust. A team that builds up the hype only to let the fans down.

A team built for fandom and regular season …..not a team built for a playoff run. Year after year it’s the same thing. Off season it’s a super bowl team. Regular season they beat up on under 500 teams only to go one and out in the playoffs

DONT TRUST the Dallas Cowboys. Enjoy the ride but temper the expectations[/QUOTE
Bingo, another year of disappointment. Get your Thorazine!

DB_Cooper

RubyRidge
Reaction score
Good teams are just what Jerry wants. Keeps his stadium full and his team on TV. Being great requires taking risks that may not work out. Those can result in bad teams with no relevancy. Jerry doesn’t want that. I think we have to accept that as fans. Eagles won the super bowl. Were a laughing stock for a few years and now are serious contenders. They took the chances that Jerry won’t anymore. Plus their GM seems to get the very good side of every trade - which is annoying. Who gives up a first for Sam Bradford…

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Yes who won?
aAwMK5L_460s.jpg

Starstruck22

Reaction score
Good teams are just what Jerry wants. Keeps his stadium full and his team on TV. Being great requires taking risks that may not work out. Those can result in bad teams with no relevancy. Jerry doesn’t want that. I think we have to accept that as fans. Eagles won the super bowl. Were a laughing stock for a few years and now are serious contenders. They took the chances that Jerry won’t anymore. Plus their GM seems to get the very good side of every trade - which is annoying. Who gives up a first for Sam Bradford…
It’s called thrift store mentality and a gluestick (LVE) with Tabasco stains on the wife beater because a middle of the pack Dak for $170 million. It’s a quid pro quo.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
It’s called thrift store mentality and a gluestick (LVE) with Tabasco stains on the wife beater because a middle of the pack Dak for $170 million. It’s a quid pro quo.
It was not me that did that in your cereal

Hadenough

Reaction score
Good teams find a way to win when they have a bad performance.

We provided the Texans every opportunity to win yesterday with multiple turnovers and poor QB play.

It also helped we were playing the worst record team in the league. We probably don’t overcome that poor performance against a playoff caliber team.

I wasn’t totally surprised. I felt it would be hard getting the team up against a 1-10 Texan team being 17 point favorites at home . I felt better after our opening drive . But the fumbled punt provided them their first opportunity.

Just what we didn’t want was to give life and momentum to a team accustomed to losing. But we continued giving them life and momentum . We even provided them on the 4 yard line an opportunity to put the game away.

In the end they acted like a losing team. And our QB and offense came to life with a game winning drive to squash what would have been a very embarrassing loss at home supporting we are more pretenders than contenders.

Bad teams find new ways to lose and good teams find ways to win. Fortunately for us we were facing a very bad team.

We have some more lose-able games coming up. Jags are playing better , Titans usually tough at home, Egirls and Skins . This shouldn’t have been one of them.

Hopefully we can breathe a sigh of relief and it will wake us up. And be thankful we are good enough to overcome.
I fear this is just a preview of things to come. This has happened before.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Bingo! And this is exactly why Jerry signed Dak. No chance of a SB but puts people in the stands.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The last drive by the offense was almost perfect
Except that Zeke ran it in for a TD instead of Dak throwing it in. I doubt they score if it's on Daks arm. And people act like he had a Baker Mayfield type drive. No he didn't! Baker threw a strike into the endzone for a score.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys get it done, or did a bad team just became what they were at the end and the cowboys lucked out?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Did the Cowboys get it done, or did a bad team just became what they were at the end and the cowboys lucked out?
It was a little of both. We tried to gift-wrap it for them at the 4 yard line but they couldn’t close the deal. And to our credit when the game was on the line we rose to the occasion.

Sometimes you’re just grateful for overcoming . But despite the poor performance placing ourselves in such a vulnerable predicament we do deserve some credit for the last drive when the game was on the line.

Bad teams find ways to lose and good teams find a way to win.