Cowboys winning the Superbowl?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
A comparison poll, made in conjuntion with one on the Skins board to see the differences in opinions

Question is will Dallas win the superbowl

Silver Bullet

Reaction score
As long as the Commanders don't win it, I'm happy...

:D

To answer your question,

I don't know, it's very very very premature to predict any of this at this point.

:huh:

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Assuming you are asking about this year only and not about ever again, I don't think cowboys will. I see too much hype about cowboys for me comfort and too many questions, especially at OL and then QB, in big games especially to make me totally a believer yet. I could change my mind in december maybe :D

burmafrd

Reaction score
INJURIES. That is what the NFL is all about now. The team with the least or best able to compensate will win it all.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
We need to win a playoff game before we talk about winning the Bowl.

But in today's NFL, I think we have a good chance to be one of the teams.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Right now, I say no.
Reasons?

Too many uncertainties on the offensive line.
Assuming that the defense will improve but can't be certain.
Bledsoe is still immobile quarterback who can be taken advantage of in the playoffs and in the big game.

But, if ...

the offensive line improves,
Julius Jones remains healthy
the defense improves, including a better pass rush
we find a free safety that allows Roy to play closer to the line
and if TO is TO

then I like our chances to win because we're built to win close games and TO is that X factor that Steve Smith or Mushin Muhammad were not when the Panthers played the Patriots in the Super Bowl.

If we had to play the Steelers, I don't like the Steelers' pass rush against the Cowboys offensive line. If we play the Pats, I like our chances better because the Pats defense isn't as strong as it once was, still Brady scares me.

If we have to play the Colts, we win going away as I believe Peyton can be rattled.

Still, I say we win one playoff game, maybe get to the NFC Championship game. We can go further if everything breaks right, but I'm not willing to say Super Bowl just yet.

Duane

Reaction score
I doubt we make it. There are too many question marks on the team, especially the offensive line.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Silver Bullet said:
As long as the Commanders don't win it, I'm happy...

:D

To answer your question,

I don't know, it's very very very premature to predict any of this at this point.

:huh:

No, it aint.
Dallas will
not win it.

burmafrd

Reaction score
IF the O line plays UP to its ability and we have no serious injuries- then we have a very good shot at it all. I am not all that worried about the Steeler pass rush- its not as good as the Giants.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys will win it if everybody stay healthy and learn how to play with each other. We already have what we need for a superbowl except two questions: Whether the offensive line going to hold up for a statuelize quarterback in Bledsoe? and whether our secondary could stay healthy.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Skins/Cowboys NFC Championship game. I'm calling it now.

no way do the skins get that far...no way jose

Chuck 54

Reaction score
If any of the guys who say yes for Dallas want to make a wager of 1 hundred dollars, taking Dallas and giving me the rest of the NFL, I'll be happy to cover as many bets as I can without risking my home. We can keep a record right here and find a way to have someone trusted on the board to hold our money.

I need some investments that are heavily in my favor with three children in college this year. :D

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I think the Cowboys will win it if everybody stay healthy and learn how to play with each other. We already have what we need for a superbowl except two questions: Whether the offensive line going to hold up for a statuelize quarterback in Bledsoe? and whether our secondary could stay healthy.

this kinda works for many teams - staying healthy is a key for almost everyone these days.

KINGBRICE_28

Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

I came over here to see if you guys had a thread about the one over there and bingo.....will ya look at that.....

Will the cowboys be the the NFC C-game yes.......will they win.......I think injuries will get'm crushed.........

t.o.boys81

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Came within 1 game of it this past year, how about you? :)

Key word is LAST year. This is a whole new year and the Cowboys are built to go farther than the Skins.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Based on random chance we have about a 97% chance of not winning the Super Bowl.

This should be a playoff caliber team but with the weakness at OL and NT, I don't believe this team can make it all the way to the Super Bowl. However, this is probably the best Cowboys team since 1996 - the last year we won a playoff game.

Cowchips

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Skins/Cowboys NFC Championship game. I'm calling it now.

I can't see Brunnell staying healthy for another full season. Could happen but odds are he will break down. Last year was a fluke for him.