Cowboys winning the Superbowl?

Eddie

Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Came within 1 game of it this past year, how about you? :)

Don't argue with Cowboy fans. Don't you know there are a few unwritten laws ...

1) Cowboys are always better than other teams. Never question.
2) Cowboy players are always superior to those of other teams.
3) No matter how poorly the Cowboys play, the Cowboys fandom will always try to bring down other teams' achievements to make themselves feel better.
4) If all else fails, Cowboy fans will point to the 3 Super Bowls from over 10 years ago as proof of our superiority to this league.

Eddie

Reaction score
t.o.boys81 said:
Key word is LAST year. This is a whole new year and the Cowboys are built to go farther than the Skins.

Case in point. :bang2:

Eddie

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
Based on random chance we have about a 97% chance of not winning the Super Bowl.

This should be a playoff caliber team but with the weakness at OL and NT, I don't believe this team can make it all the way to the Super Bowl. However, this is probably the best Cowboys team since 1996 - the last year we won a playoff game.

I don't know ... that 1996 team was a BS call on Michael Irvin away from being in the NFC Championship game. Not making excuses, but that was a strong team. Not sure we're there yet.

I think we have our best team since 1998, where we went 10-6 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. The 1999 8-8 team was probably better than our 10-6 team of 2003.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Strange website to pose this question. Of course we win it all!!

You can't say anyone out there is clearly better. No way, not with any certainty. That said, what team do you root for?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I had to vote no at this time there is not enough evidence to show if Dallas has taken the next step and we will not know this until they hit the field.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Assuming you are asking about this year only and not about ever again, I don't think cowboys will. I see too much hype about cowboys for me comfort and too many questions, especially at OL and then QB, in big games especially to make me totally a believer yet. I could change my mind in december maybe :D

I hear ya... but after the Steelers won the way they won I feel we have a better shot than that!

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
YoMick said:
I hear ya... but after the Steelers won the way they won I feel we have a better shot than that!

Well, Big Ben played very well upto to SB on the road. In SB he stunk but Refs bailed them out. I don't expect that to happen to Cowboys. Nothing in Drew Bledsoe's history suggests that he plays very well under pressure. So for Cowboys to get to Big Dance, rest of the team has to play extrodinarily well, so that there is no pressure on Bledsoe to play really well to win the game. I.e. Bledsoe should be relegated to BP's favorite term , Bus Driver.

So lots of ifs and buts for me right now.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
YoMick said:

after seeing the steelers and the way they won, i give more credilbity to the NFL having "predicted" outcomes.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
RiggoForever said:
Skins/Cowboys NFC Championship game. I'm calling it now.

Wouldn't that be fun? :) I'd hate to be a mod of both message boards the week before the game. :eek:
The game would be played at Texas Stadium due to us having homefield advantage. :p:

BTW, I voted no as at the moment I feel there are still a few questions to be answered.

Holloway805

05 & 09 Pick a Winner Champ
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
If any of the guys who say yes for Dallas want to make a wager of 1 hundred dollars, taking Dallas and giving me the rest of the NFL, I'll be happy to cover as many bets as I can without risking my home. We can keep a record right here and find a way to have someone trusted on the board to hold our money.

I need some investments that are heavily in my favor with three children in college this year. :D
The odds are 31-1 in your favor. Way to step out on a limb.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
If any of the guys who say yes for Dallas want to make a wager of 1 hundred dollars, taking Dallas and giving me the rest of the NFL, I'll be happy to cover as many bets as I can without risking my home. We can keep a record right here and find a way to have someone trusted on the board to hold our money.

I need some investments that are heavily in my favor with three children in college this year. :D

I already have a 50 dollar bet with someone else. I would be willing to bet you 50 dollars that the Cowboys will at least get to the Super Bowl. We can use paypal. Nobody needs to hold the money, just keep your word.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
young fast, strong, Def

vetran, explosive offense.

There isnt a team in the league thats ready.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a lot less "questions" about this team than some others do.

I look at the positives from last season, coupled with the positives from this offseason.

Ask yourselves this:

Would last year's team have finished 11-5 with even "average" kicking?

I say YES

Will 2006 Petitti and Fabini be at least somewhat better than 2005 Petitti?

I say YES

Will Terrell Owens at least be somewhat better than Keyshawn was last season?

I say YES

Will the defense be better with a year's experience for both last year's rookies and increased familiarity with the 3-4 defense?

I say YES

Will the combination of Flozell Adams' return and Jason Fabini as insurance (to say nothing of Marc Columbo) be better than Torrin Tucker was at LT?

I say YES

I could go on, but just looking at these significant improvements made to a 9-7 team that barely missed the playoff last year gives me plenty of reasons to be optimistic about the 2006 season!

:lombardi:

Eskimo

Reaction score
Eddie said:
I don't know ... that 1996 team was a BS call on Michael Irvin away from being in the NFC Championship game. Not making excuses, but that was a strong team. Not sure we're there yet.

I think we have our best team since 1998, where we went 10-6 and lost in the 1st round of the playoffs. The 1999 8-8 team was probably better than our 10-6 team of 2003.

I don't think the 1998 team was all that great and was clearly a team on the decline. That team got its record by beating up on a creampuff NFC East from what I recall. This team should be better than that team but is not as good as the 1996 team which was one year removed from the Super Bowl.

Eddie

Reaction score
Eskimo said:
I don't think the 1998 team was all that great and was clearly a team on the decline. That team got its record by beating up on a creampuff NFC East from what I recall. This team should be better than that team but is not as good as the 1996 team which was one year removed from the Super Bowl.

I agree, the 98 team was definitely on the decline, but still a pretty good team. We were 3-0 until Michael went down in 99.

I think this team is at least on level with the 98 team. I'm hoping this team is on the rise.

We have to nail a few playoff wins this year ... to make up for the decade's absense.

kartr

Reaction score
cobra said:
We need to win a playoff game before we talk about winning the Bowl.

But in today's NFL, I think we have a good chance to be one of the teams.

With Bledsoe, he has to prove he can get a team to the playoffs again, first. We also have a bunch of potential playoff teams on our schedule,plus, we couldn't make it with a lot of teams having several devastating injuries like the Eagles, the Packers, the Rams. Chicago made it with a rookie qb, but we couldn't with Bledsoe. Minnesota almost made it without Moss and Culpepper, but we couldn't.

kartr

Reaction score
Future 585 said:
no way do the skins get that far...no way jose

The Skins were better than us last year and have gotten better on offense and defense, while we basically stayed in the same place.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:
The Skins were better than us last year and have gotten better on offense

Let me guess, because of Jason Campbell?