Cowboys winning the Superbowl?

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:
The Skins were better than us last year and have gotten better on offense and defense, while we basically stayed in the same place.

If we had only drafted Omar Jacobs......

BLAST!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
The Skins were better than us last year and have gotten better on offense and defense, while we basically stayed in the same place.
It's too early in the day to be smashed.

We got way better on ST just by adding Vanderjagt.

We improved the O-line overall.

We improved at WR.

So the offense got better not stayed the same.

We improved the LB corps consideably.

We improved at FS considerably.

We added depth on the DL.

Where is this stasis you are blabbering about?

superpunk

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Where is this stasis you are blabbering about?

253840.jpg

kartr

Reaction score
Alexander said:
Let me guess, because of Jason Campbell?

Hey smart guy, I said offense and defense, Campbell doesn't play defense, but he is better than either of our backup qbs. I was actually talking about Brandon Lloyd and Randle El on offense and Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta on defense. On Campbell, we do know that if he has a decent running game, he can win games.

kartr

Reaction score
superpunk said:
If we had only drafted Omar Jacobs......

BLAST!

Jacobs will be NFL starter before either Henson or Romo, so what's your point.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
kartr said:

There are plenty of QBs better than Henson or Romo, do you have a point?

superpunk

Reaction score
kartr said:

crystal_ball.jpg

I will bet you 50 dollars that either Henson or Romo will be a starter (full time - not because of injury) before Jacobs.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
superpunk said:
crystal_ball.jpg

I will bet you 50 dollars that either Henson or Romo will be a starter (full time - not because of injury) before Jacobs.

I had never really seen Omar Jacobs, so I "googled" his bio, and guess what? That's what I thought! :rolleyes:

superpunk

Reaction score
5Stars said:
I had never really seen Omar Jacobs, so I "googled" his bio, and guess what? That's what I thought! :rolleyes:

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:You know it.

Quick, quick - google Henson, Romo and Bledsoe - tell me what you see.

On second thought - let's not.:p:

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
kartr said:
On Campbell, we do know that if he has a decent running game, he can win games.

Actually, we know that if he has the best running back tandem in the last couple of decades... both top 5 picks in the NFL Draft... and a superior team to nearly every team he plays against... that he can win. But then again, what QB couldn't win under those circumstances?

Oh wait... we know. Henson, when he was in college and Romo and Bledsoe for that matter, all three would've failed leading that Auburn team, right? :rolleyes:

kartr said:
I was actually talking about Brandon Lloyd and Randle El on offense and Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta on defense.

You like all four of those guys? Have you, ahem... seen pictures of all those players? Just wondering.

CoCo

Reaction score
I haven't read all the posts in this thread, just a few and the poll results.

But geesh!! I can't believe 53% believe we're going to win the SB this year.

I'm a fan. But I like to consider myself grounded. Right now I guess I'd have to consider the Seahawks & Panthers as favorites ahead of us in the NFC and that we're probably even with the Giants & Commanders with the Eagles & Bears as teams potentially in the mix too.

But I honestly am shocked that 53% here are picking us to win the SB in 2006. If the OL steps up I think its possible. I just don't think its a prudent prediction right now.

Eddie

Reaction score
coco2 said:
But I honestly am shocked that 53% here are picking us to win the SB in 2006. If the OL steps up I think its possible. I just don't think its a prudent prediction right now.

It's called homerism.

It's an unrealistic belief that all things related to "our" team is greater and/or better than the rest of the league.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Eddie said:
It's called homerism.

It's an unrealistic belief that all things related to "our" team is greater and/or better than the rest of the league.

if 1/2 the team thinks we'll make it to the superbowl - you and i agree it's homerism. i'd also call this crowd your "average" fan. only i got told i was arrogant and condecending when i say so. the funny part is we ran the poll to see which fan base, ours or the skins, was more likely to "homer up" a superbowl prediction. they won at 68% to 56%.

i think both are delusional.

this is NOT to say we're a better team than 3-4 years ago, we're just not a superbowl team.

superpunk

Reaction score
iceberg said:
if 1/2 the team thinks we'll make it to the superbowl - you and i agree it's homerism. i'd also call this crowd your "average" fan. only i got told i was arrogant and condecending when i say so.

Making stuff up is cool.

It must be fun to not let stuff go.:rolleyes:

Whatever.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
iceberg said:
if 1/2 the team thinks we'll make it to the superbowl - you and i agree it's homerism. i'd also call this crowd your "average" fan. only i got told i was arrogant and condecending when i say so. the funny part is we ran the poll to see which fan base, ours or the skins, was more likely to "homer up" a superbowl prediction. they won at 68% to 56%.

i think both are delusional.

this is NOT to say we're a better team than 3-4 years ago, we're just not a superbowl team.

Now days it is hard to know who will be a SB team from 1 season to the next. Many of the teams involved in recent SB have not gone into the season as favorites to make it. As of today I don't know if Dallas is or isn't a team who could compete for a SB. I think our chances are better than some and not as good as others

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
Hey smart guy, I said offense and defense, Campbell doesn't play defense, but he is better than either of our backup qbs. I was actually talking about Brandon Lloyd and Randle El on offense and Andre Carter and Adam Archuleta on defense. On Campbell, we do know that if he has a decent running game, he can win games.
How do we "know" this? What's his NFL record?