Cowboys Won!!! Waaaahhhh...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Some of us dont think about making the playoffs and be one and done...some of us say this because our only vision is the superbowl. And yes, we have no chance to make it or win it. We are coached by JG.

You were coached by JG when the season started. Why did you bother to watch the first game of the season and cheer then?

If the only game you care about is the Superbowl then you probably shouldn't watch any other game but that. Doesn't make a lot of sense to if the only thing that matters to you is the Superbowl.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I do agree, however, that we're likely not going to beat Greenbay and I don't think we're going to win the division and make the playoffs.

Yes, there is the chance there, and I have no issue with the fact that there is a chance there. I root for wins, regardless. If we were only a 1 win team right now I'd still be rooting for winning out.

Rooting for losses, and higher draft position, is one of the most loser mentalities I've ever seen. Rooting to lose is just...yuck. It's disgusting.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do agree, however, that we're likely not going to beat Greenbay and I don't think we're going to win the division and make the playoffs.

Yes, there is the chance there, and I have no issue with the fact that there is a chance there. I root for wins, regardless. If we were only a 1 win team right now I'd still be rooting for winning out.

Rooting for losses, and higher draft position, is one of the most loser mentalities I've ever seen. Rooting to lose is just...yuck. It's disgusting.

:hammer:

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
You were coached by JG when the season started. Why did you bother to watch the first game of the season and cheer then?

If the only game you care about is the Superbowl then you probably shouldn't watch any other game but that. Doesn't make a lot of sense to if the only thing that matters to you is the Superbowl.

I care about winning the superbowl...and I had a tony romo superman led team at 2-0...that obviously changed and JG tanked the season.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score

I didnt root to lose...I just expected and didnt care if we lost.

Proximo

Reaction score
We won't be making the playoffs. Now of course there are many on here that think that's going to happen but they're going to be in for a rude awakening for nothing.

I LOL'd.

Please guy, show me just one of these "many" fans that are going to be in for a rude awakening when we don't make the playoffs. This is all in your head.

You're confusing the fans that HOPE we make the playoffs (because we aren't yet eliminated) with fans that don't exist. Everyone here knows we're a long shot to get into the tournament. No one is going to be "shocked" when we don't.

AzCowboysFan

Reaction score
I wonder if there are fans on Golden State Warriors forums celebrating their win streak right now, hoping to break the record or go undefeated the entire season, only to have the negative people saying "It's not gonna happen" "Don't get your hopes up", so they can come back and say "told you it wasn't gonna happen, fools!" Lol

They, like us, all know it's a long shot, but it's fun to enjoy the moment. People will always find a reason to be negative, I guess they're just wired that way.

I might as well start saying now that the Cowboys aren't winning the Superbowl next year, because it's more likely that we won't. Then I can say "Told you! I called it last year!" :muttley:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
the cowboys are a lot like the Cleveland browns in the fact that they are both bad teams and are far away from superbowl contention and not very well coached either.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Making and winning the SB. LOL Not just watching the one game.

And to quote your hero Clappy............"its a process".

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Rooting to lose is the highest form of dedication for a Cowboys fan. Knowing full well that you are hoping to be embarrassed for a down the road benefit that cant be quantified for some time.

Rooting to win a meaningless game is actually selfish in the extreme and self serving to your own instant gratification. Knowing full well that a win here or there will do nothing for this team, short of make your day a little better on that particular day.

However, a top 5 draft pick could have a positive long term benefit to this team for many years to come. But no, you dont want that. You simply want to be able to wave your pom pom a few more times this week for your own personal interests. :flagwave:

Cmon, that was pretty good!!!!!!!

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rooting to lose is the highest form of dedication for a Cowboys fan. Knowing full well that you are hoping to be embarrassed for a down the road benefit that cant be quantified for some time.

Rooting to win a meaningless game is actually selfish in the extreme and self serving to your own instant gratification. Knowing full well that a win here or there will do nothing for this team, short of make your day a little better on that particular day.

However, a top 5 draft pick could have a positive long term benefit to this team for many years to come. But no, you dont want that. You simply want to be able to wave your pom pom a few more times this week for your own personal interests. :flagwave:

Cmon, that was pretty good!!!!!!!

It's impossible to cultivate a culture of winning from intentionally losing games. Sorry, it's got nothing to do with pom poms.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's impossible to cultivate a culture of winning from intentionally losing games. Sorry, it's got nothing to do with pom poms.

Ok, well now you are talking about two completely different things. We started out talking about fans hoping we lose out for a top draft pick. Now you are changing it to the coach losing on purpose.

You want to hear more irony?

At this point, someone like me should be tickled pink about having Garrett for this stretch run. Having him run the team on game day will all but certify that we lose all if not most our games down the stretch. He tried as hard as he could to lose the Washington game and almost pulled it off. Scoring and giving them all their time outs and 1:30 to tie the game up. He didnt even make them burn one timeout. It was almost text book on exactly what to do to NOT win the game. He must have the cliff notes to that book or something.

So at least for right now, Garrett is amazing. We an only hope he doesnt figure things out until next year.