Twitter: Cowboys work out eight players Wednesday

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Cowboys once again go into the discount bin for depth. Hate to see who they get if they trade for someone.

conner01

Reaction score
I am curious why the worked out these guys when they could raid the practice squads of other teams. These are probably all practice squad players at best.
If you sign a guy from a PS you have to keep him on the roster all year. That’s why it’s really rare, especially this early in the season

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are any of them QBs?
Another QB isn’t going to help us this season. We have Cooper Rush and we traded a fourth round pick for Trey Lance. There’s not enough snaps to go around for the QBs we have.

CCBoy

Reaction score
These guys would seem to be Practice Squad options who could promote up 4 times.

Devodrick "Buddy" Johnson was a high school QB in Dallas at Kimball, then a LB at TAMU.
He's a run stuffing LB who should be better on ST.
But he is not as good as Malik Jefferson so would seem a Practice Squadder at best who gets 4 elevations to cover kicks.

I don't recognize the other guys but I am guessing they are similar fringe PS guys.

All that said working out big names who are street free agents is even less impressive than no names.
Chances a no name slips through cracks at least exists.
Four and Ups...

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Any suggestions?
Like cleveland guards , both are rated A+
LG Joel Bitonio: A+
RG Wyatt Teller: A+

or Arizona OL , which did a job on cowboys,

or some center , because Biadaz is not cutting it …. I am not a NFL scout or GM , LOL (Mcclay and Our Owner / GM should know better )

Wildcat711

Reaction score
Was reading that Jerry is interested in a WR2.. Carolina are putting up Terrace Marshall Jr for trade apparently.. dont know much about him.

Is he any good?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No, we have a big athlete playing QB when he should have been a tight end or something. Had Dak gone to another team he would not have lasted coming on eight years, they would have moved on from him. Parcells is right, you know a QB is good or not after three years, yet here we are and probably more years coming up. Hey, but Dak got rich so good for him, and sometimes he puts up some pretty stats, along with empty calories.
If the situation was reversed and the Eagles would've drafted Dak and we would've got Wentz. They wouldn't have held onto him as long and drafted Hurts to replace him. Some teams know how to move on and draft a replacement guy.

js66

Reaction score
And some people laughed at the Eagles for bringing in Julio Jones.... I know Julio's washed, but I'd bring in Dez Bryant or David Irving before a lot of these guys. Lol.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Usual to do your homework and work out a ton of guys the bye week that you may want down the road so you can pull the trigger (roster or PS) quickly if a need arises.

Exactly, not a bad way to use a bye week. Getting Intel on potential prospects.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Why are so many fans reading so much into these players? It's week seven and anyone worth having is already on a roster.

All the Cowboys are doing here is looking at able bodies that can help them get through another eleven weeks of practice.