Twitter: Cowboys working on a deal to sign veteran guard

RS12

Reaction score

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
In place of who? Livings? Bernadeau? Is Moore even in football shape? Signing Moore seems like a desperation move by some team. I don't think the present Cowboy guard position is anywhere near desperation.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
In place of who? Livings? Bernadeau? Is Moore even in football shape? Signing Moore seems like a desperation move by some team. I don't think the present Cowboy guard position is anywhere near desperation.

Signing a vet right guard who played under Callahan when we have a hole at RG is hardly a "desparation" move.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I think he'll help Free's play too. The OL has the potential to be very good.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

PFF had him ranked as the top guard in free agency, above even Levitre.

FiveRings

Reaction score
Oh my god please let it be true

Smith-Leary-Fred-Moore-Free is a SOLID line if all guys play up to their potential

RS12

Reaction score

Huh? Do you want to win or do you want to watch the usual suspects get stuffed and turn styled?

cowboyz

Reaction score
doesn't sound like he retired, but was cut for a cheaper young player. He tell had visits to other teams, but apparently wanted starting money. Looks like Brian waters again.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Wasn't Moore ranked, like, 4th, among all starting guards in the NFL last year?

He made the Pro Bowl 2 years ago. I don't know how he did last year. Same scenario as Brian Waters, but Moore is 3 years younger and has experience in Callahan's offense.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
doesn't sound like he retired, but was cut for a cheaper young player. He tell had visits to other teams, but apparently wanted starting money. Looks like Brian waters again.

Hopefully he's willing to take a discount now that he's realized no one is willing to pay him and he's facing retirement.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...013-free-agents-offensive-guards-and-centers/

"Don’t let one of the league’s most infamous fumbles, which happened to involve Moore’s buttocks, distort your view. He was one of the best interior linemen in the league and part of a New York Jets offensive line that surprisingly ranked near the top of the league. His +21.3 grade ranked fourth among guards, and, as Moore mentioned to our own Sam Monson, his goal was to finish the season on a strong note — which he did with nine straight positive grades to top off 2012."