Twitter: Cowboys working on a deal to sign veteran guard

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Bryan isn't the only person that "studies" players. The vast majority of opinions seem to think Brandon Moore has some quality play left in him. I'm not saying he is gonna be the savior. But according to most, Brandon Moore is still a quality OG. There is risk with his age, but at this point he's definitely worth the risk. Besides he can't be any worse than what we had last year.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
Bob Sturm ‏@SportsSturm2m
If your guard situation is bad - and everyone knows it - why do you wait until August to address it? Because hope is the strategy too often.

As what it should be. Brandon wasn't going anywhere. He wanted to be a starter and paid like a starter. So why not see what you have in camp before you go to the FA pool. And there's still a full month for him to get acquainted with the team. And it's not like he was sitting on his couch waiting for someone to call. He was working out and staying in football shape. To me this is a low risk high reward type move.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
David Moore ‏@DavidMooreDMN4m
Transposed names on last post. Appears Brian Waters is first choice & Brandon Moore fallback. Let's just say Cowboys playing both sides.

If true, this concerns me. Brian Waters at 36 over Brandon Moore at 33. Seems like Dallas wants the cheaper option. Hopefully this is not true.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Alot of my friends are jets fans and they said Moore was a revolving door last year. Lost notably for the butt fumble. I rather waters and if he doesn't play well we have backups hopefully ready to step up

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Alot of my friends are jets fans and they said Moore was a revolving door last year. Lost notably for the butt fumble. I rather waters and if he doesn't play well we have backups hopefully ready to step up

Well, that settles it!

erod

Reaction score
I don't take this as a move of desperation at all.

I think they are excited about Frederick and Leary and know they might be one guard away from a pretty darn good offensive line.

cowboys1985

Reaction score

No disrespect intended, but fan's aren't the best talent evaluators. But by going off what is being said about Moore in articles the general consensus is he's still a top level talent at 33. I just don't know how much Waters has at 36. I know he was a Pro Bowler a couple years ago but that's a long time away for a guy in his mid to upper 30s.

Plus Dallas must realize they don't have backup options. They hoped someone would step up early in camp but it must have been obvious that they have a big hole at OG to talk to either Waters or Moore.

dallasfan4lizife

Reaction score
signing waters or moore gives this line more flexibility. Either of those guys have to be better than bernie and arkin. Sign waters to a 1 year deal and he could be a solid stop-gap until the next draft.

Biggred

Reaction score
Like the possibility for even more competition for the guard spots. Gives us a proven guy who at worst has the experience to step in as a backup and at best a solid starter for a year or two. Could mean the end for Livings though if whoever they sign performs well.

cowboys1985

Reaction score
SportsCenter ‏@SportsCenter4m
Cowboys have interest in former Jets G Brandon Moore, the man who put the BUTT in the infamous BUTT-FUMBLE. (via @ESPNDallas)

Just another reason why ESPN and ESPN Dallas is trash. Instead of mentioning how Moore would be a significant upgrade, they mention the irrelevant butt fumble (hilarious though). Also why I take everything that is said by ESPN Dallas writers with a grain of salt.

Bizwah

Reaction score
I don't take this as a move of desperation at all.

I think they are excited about Frederick and Leary and know they might be one guard away from a pretty darn good offensive line.

Totally agree. At least, that's what I want to believe.