Twitter: Cowboys workout four today

cristglo

Reaction score
Dear Goodness WHY cant we bring in someone that can help this team? I dont get it Jerry says he wants to win but its the same bull crap every year. How long have we needed a freaking safety? Why didnt we go get a Vet TE? Why in the world havent we brought in a LB that can play? We bring in these street guys who offer no value to this team. Jerry your time is running out on another SB while your alive quit playing coach and be a freaking real GM!

Jipper

Reaction score
Dear Goodness WHY cant we bring in someone that can help this team? I dont get it Jerry says he wants to win but its the same bull crap every year. How long have we needed a freaking safety? Why didnt we go get a Vet TE? Why in the world havent we brought in a LB that can play? We bring in these street guys who offer no value to this team. Jerry your time is running out on another SB while your alive quit playing coach and be a freaking real GM!

well you can’t bring in other teams practice squad guys and the vast majority of fas out there are not better than what we have....so not exactly sure what you want them to do, unlesss you are just speaking about ET....in which case it’s become clear that the Baltimore issue was way bigger than we know

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sign me up for Veldeer and Swoope. Veldeer at the very least brings some vet savvy and intelligence. Swoope could play on ice skates and not be a downgrade from Schultz.

Its honestly ridiculous we're almost halfway through the week and neither a T or TE has been signed. As usual, the front office is asleep at the wheel. Oh how it must feel to have a GM who actually spends all his time being a GM.
I don't think they have a vending machine out back, where they put in a $250,000 coin and a good TE drops down. If they don't have a solid player by next week, then I could see getting antsy.

cristglo

Reaction score
well you can’t bring in other teams practice squad guys and the vast majority of fas out there are not better than what we have....so not exactly sure what you want them to do, unlesss you are just speaking about ET....in which case it’s become clear that the Baltimore issue was way bigger than we know
Nope not speaking of ET I think there is bigger issues with him that would not go well with this team. Why not inquire about a trade for Cameron Brate he is certainly an upgrade to Shultz. There is Clay you could bring in to at least kick the tires on You have walker you could also kick the tires on there are players out there that I feel we can at least bring in to see what is left thats all I am asking

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Baltimore got rid of ET for reasons that only they know for sure. No team rejects a player without cause for doing so. It's a good thing that MM knows better than to welcome a potential cancer into a team attempting to right itself like one in our present state. Too many people here need to get real and see things as they are and not how they wish them to be.

HanD

Reaction score
Baltimore got rid of ET for reasons that only they know for sure. No team rejects a player without cause for doing so. It's a good thing that MM knows better than to welcome a potential cancer into a team attempting to right itself like one in our present state. Too many people here need to get real and see things as they are and not how they wish them to be.

i'm sure they've gotten input from brandon carr who shared the locker room and db sessions with ET last year.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
i'm sure they've gotten input from brandon carr who shared the locker room and db sessions with ET last year.

Good thinking -- that's a point that bears consideration. Thanks for that.

Jipper

Reaction score
Nope not speaking of ET I think there is bigger issues with him that would not go well with this team. Why not inquire about a trade for Cameron Brate he is certainly an upgrade to Shultz. There is Clay you could bring in to at least kick the tires on You have walker you could also kick the tires on there are players out there that I feel we can at least bring in to see what is left thats all I am asking

trades are different than bringing in free agents....Clay sounds totaly washed up and I don’t know enough about where walker is but are they really any better than what we have? I get turning over every leaf but I dljust don’t see much out there with the expanded rosters

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope Collins is ready in week 4. My bigger question right now is, who backs up Smith? Steele and Knight can play RT but neither can play LT. That is what I thought Ervin was for, though I would have been trying to make Williams the swing tackle in training camp and stop with the notion he is a guard. Veldheer did play LT, but not since 2016.

I agree about Williams. The kid is trying his best, but he's a tackle, not a guard.

And the Erving move was a head scratcher when it happened and is a bust of a move now. The Cowboys could have picked up a veteran left guard (there were several available) and moved Williams to swing tackle. It sure would have been a better use of resources than what they chose to do.

BigD_95

Reaction score
Sign me up for Veldeer and Swoope. Veldeer at the very least brings some vet savvy and intelligence. Swoope could play on ice skates and not be a downgrade from Schultz.

Its honestly ridiculous we're almost halfway through the week and neither a T or TE has been signed. As usual, the front office is asleep at the wheel. Oh how it must feel to have a GM who actually spends all his time being a GM.

They brought the players in to work out. I think that means nobody is asleep at the wheel.

This isn't Madden - need to sign the right players that will actually help the team and not just sign someone cause they are desperate. Then we are stuck with a contract for a player that isnt any good and we are right back on the market looking for another replacement.

Maybe the workout didnt go well