Twitter: Cowboys young receivers are stealing the show at OTA practices

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I thought Sanjay Lal made an excellent point in his comments:

"The whole premise, in my opinion, of this offense is vertical speed," Lal said. "If you can't hit a go-route, the comeback game isn't real, your slant game, your nine-stop game isn't real. Being able to hit those deep balls in games is going to change everything if we're able to do that."

I believe that was one of the huge problems this passing game had, they never challenged opponents deep. And if you can't or don't do that, opposing defense won't fear or respect your passing game, and they'll simply sit on everything short. And that hurts your running game with having more bodies closer to the line of scrimmage, as well as your passing game with defensive backs sitting on routes.

It will be huge if the Cowboys can start to scare defenses down the field again.

Sanjay gets it. Deep threats make everything else happen. If you can't hit the deep balls, teams will just crowd the LOS.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I was all for letting hurns and austin go during the off season. even before hearing or seeing anything about the new wr's. two jet sweeps a year isn't worth the money Austin gets. and the hurns injury looked bad. don't like throwing good money after bad.

I'm wondering if they can put Hurns on IR for the first half of the season. I may be wrong, but I don't think he would count against the roster and if one of these young guys is doing that good they can release him when he's eligible to return...