Cowboys youth at interior Oline vs Commanders was impressive

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Both TJ Bass and Brock Hoffman are 24 years old. Yes, as you stated, Tyler Smith is younger at age 22. Tyler Biadasz is 26 years old.

The point is they are all much younger than the much older vets. They are also much more quicker, more aggressive and much agile. That makes a big difference on the playing field, especially in the trenches. We saw the results. Much better running and pass blocking performance.

Would you prefer to go back to a much older but slower Oline...or a much younger, much quicker and more aggressive Oline?
The only place on the O-Line we got younger last week was RG & it would be nuts to suggest Hoffman gives us a better chance than Martin. Biadasz is irrelevant because he will be the center regardless of who is at OG.

And yes, I would very definitely prefer to go back to Martin & Tyler Smith over Hoffman & Bass. Bass & Hoffman might be in the picture down the line, but I think you're way overplaying their immediate impact.

Things we have to realistically understand ....

1. Washington has one of the worst rush defenses in the NFL
2. While it's true the Cowboys ran the ball well last week, that was still the best showing for the Washington run defense in a month.
3. Washington traded its best pass rushers before the trade deadline.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think with the play of Bass and Hoffman we are in a good place on the offensive line. I agree I think BPA in the draft is the way to go. Hopefully BPA is a defensive lineman but we’ll see what’s there. Going into the season I was pretty disappointed we didn’t draft an offensive lineman. Now with Bass and Hoffman I’m feeling good about the youth at the offensive line.
Maybe this could mean that we let Biadasz walk, keep Hoffman at Center. Bass is our backup guard to Smith and Martin.
We need to find out what Waletzko and Richards are and if either can play LT. In my opinion, unless you think your OL is really set, along with your backups, you should bring in at least one OLman every year.

We also need a DT so we can move on from Gallimore and Golston. We need at least one stud LB for run downs. Even with Diggs returning, unless we love our backup CBs as possible starters, we need a CB. We will also be in the market for RBs And maybe a speedy receiver if one is sitting there at some point.

plymkr

Reaction score
Maybe this could mean that we let Biadasz walk, keep Hoffman at Center. Bass is our backup guard to Smith and Martin.
We need to find out what Waletzko and Richards are and if either can play LT. In my opinion, unless you think your OL is really set, along with your backups, you should bring in at least one OLman every year.

We also need a DT so we can move on from Gallimore and Golston. We need at least one stud LB for run downs. Even with Diggs returning, unless we love our backup CBs as possible starters, we need a CB. We will also be in the market for RBs And maybe a speedy receiver if one is sitting there at some point.
I agree