Cowboyswire: TMZ claims Cowboys Tyrone Crawford involved in Florida bar brawl

risco

Reaction score
The funny thing about this and many on the board here- you're making assumptions without the benefit of knowing the full story. If you think players are not to defend / protect themselves when they are out in public- then you are fooling yourself. The NFL will not do anything in that regard. If the police did not arrest him then there's nothing much here.

risco

Reaction score
In this day and age of cell phones and everyone recording everything and yet there isn't any footage yet? Really?

Yea,,,

Course, I am probably the only person who doesn't see this as a huge deal, but, I am different.
I'm with you- not that big of a deal to me!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
By: K.D. Drummond | 21 minutes ago

Dallas Cowboys captain and defensive lineman Tyrone Crawford has been a leader of the defensive line group for years. He’s not the kind of player one would expect to see in a headline such as this one, but here he is. According to TMZ, which claims a video exists but does not present it in their report, Crawford and a group of his friends were involved in a huge bar fight this past Friday in Florida.

Crawford and his squad allegedly got into it with the staff of the Coyote Ugly Saloon in Panama City. Police were called and while making an arrest, TMZ reports witnesses said Crawford shoved two officers who were trying to make an arrest. Crawford had not been arrested himself, according to the outlet’s report.

https://cowboyswire.usatoday.com/20...yrone-crawford-alleged-bar-fight-tmz-florida/

Hard to believe he shoved the police and didn't get arrested. Normally that's an automatic trip to jail unless they were working off-duty security for the bar.

Stephen Jones probably hates paying Crawford anyway and might be looking at some of the recent signings to replace him.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure which is more erratic. Goodell's actual suspension deciding process? Or fans joking or serious predictions of what Goodell will actually do? :laugh:

So. TMZ says there is a video recorded by the bar but they do not have possession of it. Possible. Is TMZ losing their touch? Is the bar demanding more money for the video than TMZ is willing to pay for it?

Police file a report but the report does not list Crawford as a participant in a fight resulting in multiple injuries. Officers do not detain or arrest Crawford. However, witnesses claim Crawford was fighting. TMZ usually has video to help corroborate their sensationalized stories.

The fight is seen "play out clear as day" on the bar video. Did TMZ see the video they have not gotten possession of? Did someone report to TMZ that the video captured the fight "clear as day?" Were the people informing TMZ their adament witnesses? Do the adament witnesses work for the bar?

It is not like TMZ to be so abstact. No video. A lot of hearsay. I dislike it when TMZ is so sketchy. Perhaps it would have been a normal TMZ story if weed was involved..?

I expect Goodell's power to be a big issue when they start negotiations for the next CBA.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RKG and team captain.

Let the excuses and apologies flow Fan Boys. It is your time now.

Oh, you know they're coming.

They always have with this overpaid charity case and they always will. Either that or they'll avoid this thread like the plague and pretend they never saw it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yet another reason to cut him. That and being overpaid and can't play.

Give the money to Quinn, a guy who can actually get to the passer.

Crawford doesn't even have the "RKG" or "team leader" excuse going for him any longer.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
He was in the hospital from complications from having sickle cell. TMZ made it sound as if he choked on a egg then died. He was already in the hospital when he died. It was just crappy journalism on their part because they wanted to be first to report it and it’s usually what they do.

That’s not remotely what they reported. They said he was in the hospital due to sickle cell issues, not because he choked on an egg.

HE DID die from choking on an egg as confirmed by the medical examiner.

The irony here is you’re making up the facts.

From the TMZ report:

“Prodigy was in the hospital getting treatment for sickle cell anemia -- which he'd battled his entire life, and had flared up immediately following a performance in severe Las Vegas heat”

Last edited:

CPanther95

Reaction score
I'll withhold judgment until I find out if he felt disrespected in any way.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Crawford doesn't even have the "RKG" or "team leader" excuse going for him any longer.

Nah, depth never hurts.

Sydla

Reaction score
First of all, with all that money, he couldn't have found a better coastal party town than Panama City? That's weak sauce, Tyrone.

Second of all, how does he walk from this without getting arrested?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

You don't need a reason to call for his release.....lol