CowboysZone Best Movie Villain Tournament Feedback Thread | Champion Crowned Post 41

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by DallasEast, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Roadtrip635

Roadtrip635 Well-Known Member

10,162 Messages
    17,017 Likes Received

2. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

45,313 Messages
    30,253 Likes Received
    Thanks. That's what I thought.

Originally, I posed the question about movie quotes and movie conversations to clarify the differences ahead of the possible tournament. I have been in past discussions (not on this site I think) with those who disagree with me that a back-and-forth dialogue is a movie quote. Selfishly, I wanted to get ahead of that stuff before it might have gained traction leading up to another contest.

I did not expect scrutiny and disagreement about recognizable lines of dialogue by a single character in a film scene.

"It's in the hole! It's in the hole!" Take a bow anyone reading that and remembering Bill Murray famously said it in Caddyshack. It is funny. I remember and loved it like AFI, which named it as their 92nd best movie quote:

https://www.afi.com/afis-100-years-100-movie-quotes/

...except their recognition of Carl Speckler's quote was "Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac...It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"

lol. sigh. Murray delivers them like few can. Good stuff.

Members, who are CowboysZone supporters, can create polls. I have always thought it was a good perk for folks that come here.

These threads are good conversation pieces. It has been a pleasure playing my part with them. It is time for someone to step up and take the lead with them. Inject some new blood and oversee all perspectives with fresh eyes.

Y'all just keep a close eye on @timb2 if a future tourney involves beautiful women who may should be posted with more clothes than he might think. Last thing I want to do is make a couple dozen posts of gorgeous ladies go *POOF!* :muttley:

Goodnight gang.

Runwildboys likes this.
  3. Roadtrip635

10,162 Messages
    17,017 Likes Received

We do appreciate your efforts, but there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So you got that going for you, which is nice. :rolleyes:

Runwildboys and DallasEast like this.
  4. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

29,539 Messages
    55,662 Likes Received
    Yes, it was in the movie. But the movie was about a real live event, and the line was spoken decades before the movie. Thus the quote is from real life, repeated in the movie.:p

Roadtrip635 likes this.
  5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

26,780 Messages
    46,165 Likes Received
    When we get back to movies, I am still in favor of Military/War or Sports.

DallasEast likes this.
  6. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

45,313 Messages
    30,253 Likes Received
    lol. Groundskeeper was a legendary role for Murray. :laugh:

Roadtrip635 and Runwildboys like this.
  7. Roadtrip635

10,162 Messages
    17,017 Likes Received
    But that is not the real life quote, the original words spoken were "OK, Houston, we've had a problem here." ;)

cowboyec likes this.
  8. Roadtrip635

10,162 Messages
    17,017 Likes Received
    For Rodney Dangerfield also. He's just hilarious.
    Airplane, Caddyshack and the Blues Brothers were all released within about a month of each other, good summer for comedies!

DallasEast likes this.