***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phrozen Phil said:
I considered taking Williams first overall, but he may be more like Rashaun Woods in terms of speed, so i went with the big, fast guy. QB may be Rattay for this coming year.
That's really going on on a limb.........

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
prediction:

Miami, pick #2- Ronnie Brown RB

Cleveland is going to get their choice of QB's if that's the case. Do they go with Smith?

Rogers may be the faller of the draft if that happens.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I like the Braylon Edwards selection by the 9ers. They run such a specific offensive style and a big playmaking WR is just what the doctor ordered. Rattay hasn't been awesome but he has shown as much as mnay top 10 QBs over the last couple of seasons. Ideally SF could have move down a few spots but in this draft that can't be assumed.

I think they did go BPA and I think Edwards willl have a very good shot at Rookie of the Year provided they can get decent QB play.

Avery

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
So cobra (Miami) can take 3 hours to make his pick?

Yep, everybody gets a 3 hour window. Miami's pick is due by about 3:05 PM EST. If we hear nothing, then we'll discuss and make a pick.

We were hoping that these first ten picks would fly since everyone has had weeks to think about it and could send us their top five list and we could get this thing moving.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
Avery said:
Yep, everybody gets a 3 hour window. Miami's pick is due by about 3:05 PM EST. If we hear nothing, then we'll discuss and make a pick.

The first round could take 2.5 days to complete. Why 3 hours and not 15min like the actual draft? Heck I could even see 30 min but 3 Hours.

gollum

Reaction score
Avery said:
I vote cobra gets Sam Lightbody, Off Tackle, Washington St, 6-9, 321, 5.62 :D

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
gollum said:
Hush yo' mouth kid, that's who I want w/ my 2nd rounder..... :D

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
gollum said:

Good idea. You PM him and let him know that we've made that pick for him. :cool:

Avery

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
The first round could take 2.5 days to complete. Why 3 hours and not 15min like the actual draft? Heck I could even see 30 min but 3 Hours.

We have weeks until the draft. These things take time not to mention that if we tell everyone the draft starts at 12:00 and all 32 teams to be there, maybe 10 will show up.

We decided that the longer window would be more effective as there is a greater likelihood that everybody will be able to make their selections.

gollum

Reaction score
5mics said:
Hush yo' mouth kid, that's who I want w/ my 2nd rounder..... :D
Are you sure he'll be around at #39?
I wouldn't risk it...better take him while you can at #4! :p:

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
I have Miami and I know who I am going to pick.

But I think this is BS that Edwards is taken first. That's not going to happen. Basically, that guy selected who he would select and not who the 49ers are going to select. They are going to take Rogers. So I really wonder what the point of this is if people aren't going to select who a team is logically going to take.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
There is no reason why the first 5 picks (at least) shouldn't pop right up.
There has been weeks to plan.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
gollum said:
Are you sure he'll be around at #39?
I wouldn't risk it...better take him while you can at #4! :p:

Absolutely. Only a fool would pass on this guy at this point. TAKE HIM!!
:rolleyes:

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
gollum said:
Avery,
If we make our pick...do you want us to post it in the selections thread ourselves, or have you do so?
Gollum it's ok to post it...but please PM the pick to myself or Avery.

I believe that will help avoid mistakes....esp. on my part.