***Cowboyszone Mock Draft Discussion Thread***

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
cobra said:
I have Miami and I know who I am going to pick.

But I think this is BS that Edwards is taken first. That's not going to happen. Basically, that guy selected who he would select and not who the 49ers are going to select. They are going to take Rogers. So I really wonder what the point of this is if people aren't going to select who a team is logically going to take.

I can see where this is going and I'm going to put out this fire now:

#1 - None of us truly know who the Niners will take.
#2 - This is a mock draft - ANYTHING GOES.

GM's can do whatever they wish. That's why it's called a mock draft. They're fun to discuss and surprises happen.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
cobra said:

But I think this is BS that Edwards is taken first. That's not going to happen. Basically, that guy selected who he would select and not who the 49ers are going to select. They are going to take Rogers. So I really wonder what the point of this is if people aren't going to select who a team is logically going to take.
Sounds like someone wanted Edwards...
Dont be silly, Edwards IS the BPA and SF might just take him.
Besides, our job is to draft what we think our team needs. Obviously Phil thinks they need a WR. (which they DO)

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
cobra said:

If its so out of the question they would select him then why are they discussing a contract with him? they are also working contracts with Smith and Rogers. SO its not unlikely its very likely they would take Edwards.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
cobra said:

Woah! THis is a mock draft. There have been significant rumors about the 49ers pick. Edwards may represent the best value at this point, and we have NO WAY of knowing at this point who the 49ers will actually take. There have been several trades to this point which are not likely to happen in real life, bu the point is, they might. Relax, this is supposed to be fun... :p:

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
gollum said:
Are you sure he'll be around at #39?
I wouldn't risk it...better take him while you can at #4! :p:
You may be on to something, better get on the phone w/ his agent to iron out a contract as we speak..... :D

Spontae

Reaction score
Avery said:
I can see where this is going and I'm going to put out this fire now:

#1 - None of us truly know who the Niners will take.
#2 - This is a mock draft - ANYTHING GOES.

GM's can do whatever they wish. That's why it's called a mock draft. They're fun to discuss and surprises happen.

Well put.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
I got Edwards to sign a very cap-friendly deal. He'll play for peanuts as long as don't "out" him in that whole same-sex thingy..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Look at all the different mocks out there. I have seen some that have the Cowboys going QB at #11. OK everybody breathing air knows that aint gonna happen. It's just one persona opinion. I have no problem with that selection. It could very well happen. I mean, San Fran could sign Flutie and be set at QB for years.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
This might take a bit. Talking to several teams in pm who all of the sudden are interested in trading for my spot because of who the 49ers took. If anyone is interested in trying to trade up to get *him* let me know in a hurry. I'm not going to wait too long to choose.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
Quickdraw, I wasn't whining, and I wasn't going to take Edwards anyhow. But I think when we all were operating under the assumption of who the 9ers were going to take, it kind of throws it for a loop when they go in a different direction. Had they taken Rodgers, my pick would have been up 10 minutes ago.

Spontae

Reaction score
cobra said:
Quickdraw, I wasn't whining, and I wasn't going to take Edwards anyhow. But I think when we all were operating under the assumption of who the 9ers were going to take, it kind of throws it for a loop when they go in a different direction. Had they taken Rodgers, my pick would have been up 10 minutes ago.

I reiterate, Miami could use a franchise quarterback. Perhaps a blockbuster trade is looming?

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
cobra said:
just like a real draft.
it's unpredictable.
you have to be prepared for that.
especially at the #2 spot.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Qwickdraw said:
OMG.
This is ridiculous.
I'm a little surprised myself. Over 30 minutes already. I thought we would be up to 4 or 5 by now. Maybe this is going to take longer than I expected.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
cobra said:

If you weren't taking Edwards and they did then why didn't you have your pick up 10min ago? there have been 3 players rumored to be drafted by SF and one is Edwards. He is a game breaker....Anyway take your time and pick who you think is best for your team...

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
If you weren't taking Edwards and they did then why didn't you have your pick up 10min ago? there have been 3 players rumored to be drafted by SF and one is Edwards. He is a game breaker....Anyway take your time and pick who you think is best for your team...

Cobra may be getting some serious offers to trade down. That is what Saban would LIKE to do. I'm intrigued..........

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
cobra said:
If anyone is interested in trying to trade up to get *him* let me know in a hurry. I'm not going to wait too long to choose.
by *him* do you think he means OT Sam Lightbody?
better trade up now if you want him.

k19

Reaction score
Damn gone 15 minutes to put a head on a car and I miss all this. WOW

And as an FYI the whiners HAVE brought in both QB's and Edwards for second looks so it IS very possible they take Edwards

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
Qwickdraw said:
by *him* do you think he means OT Sam Lightbody?
better trade up now if you want him.

Welcom to the initial meeting of the "Sam Lightbody Fan Club" ;)