CowboysZone Movie Genre Tournament Feedback Thread (Winner Post 342)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Post your thoughts of the tournament round-by-round in this thread. Here is the tournament schedule:

Round 1: Tuesday, July 7 - Wednesday, July 8
Sweet 16: Thursday, July 9 - Friday, July 10
Elite 8: Saturday, July 11
Final Four: Sunday, July 12
Championship: Monday, July 13

Which film is considered the best across four different movie genres according to your fellow CowboysZone members? You decide!

Round-by-round regional quick links

Round 1: Western Regional | Comedy Regional | Horror/Sci-Fi Regional | Action/Adventure Regional
Sweet 16: Western & Comedy Regionals | Horror/Sci-Fi & Action/Adventure Regionals

Elite 8: Western | Comedy | Horror/Sci-Fi | Action/Adventure Regionals

Final 4: Western v Comedy | Horror/Sci-Fi v Action/Adventure
Championship:
Western v Action/Adventure

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not a fan of genre brackets. It should be mixed, maybe according to which decades they were in, and lets see who really makes the final four. We are now forced to have a western at the end and I would pick 10 movies over any of them, including Tombstone :muttley:

Oh! And what the heck.....Aliens vs Jaws in round one???? :banghead:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As voting progresses, the Horror/Sci-Fi regions #15 and #18 seeds have a mini-conversation...

HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
The Terminator: Negative. The T-1000's highest probability for success now will be to copy Sarah Connor and to wait for you to make contact with her.
HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
The Terminator: No problemo.
HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
The Terminator: Hasta la vista baby.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the feedback thread. Gripes are feedback. Members post their gripes, I mean, feedback in this thread, right? I am a member. Okay. Deep breath. I have a gripe *cough!* feedback FEEDBACK I say!

If The Matrix beats John Carpenter's The Thing, I will guess it is due to folks having seen The Matrix and them not seeing Carpenter's classic. Yeah. It is likely I am 100% wrong. And while I will probably not be griping (FEEDBACK gosh darn it to heck!) any more about the tournament, it does make me feel better thinking that may well be the case. Even if I may be totally wrong.

:p

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is the feedback thread. Gripes are feedback. Members post their gripes, I mean, feedback in this thread, right? I am a member. Okay. Deep breath. I have a gripe *cough!* feedback FEEDBACK I say!

If The Matrix beats John Carpenter's The Thing, I will guess it is due to folks having seen The Matrix and them not seeing Carpenter's classic. Yeah. It is likely I am 100% wrong. And while I will probably not be griping (FEEDBACK gosh darn it to heck!) any more about the tournament, it does make me feel better thinking that may well be the case. Even if I may be totally wrong.

100% your fault! I stated that in no way should horror be teamed with SciFi. I said horror/thriller or SciFi/fantasy :thumbup:

You have no one to blame but yourself :lmao2:

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

:p
Would it make you feel better to know that those people haven't seen The Thing because they don't care for that type of movie, thus seeing the movie wouldn't make a difference?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would it make you feel better to know that those people haven't seen The Thing because they don't care for that type of movie, thus seeing the movie wouldn't make a difference?
To be completely honest, it makes me feel fantastic. When it comes to movies, the personal 'I never experienced' view has always taken me back to that famous scene from the tournament's 21st ranked film:

:laugh:

cowboyec

Reaction score
a fistful of dollars vs the outlaw josey wales...easily the hardest vote i have ever cast in my life.
if stranded on mars....i can only have 5 westerns...the man with no name trilogy,outlaw josey wales and shane.

cowboyec

Reaction score
the day the earth stood still is the best sci-fi movie ever....should be in the tourney.
KLATU
BORATA
NIKTO

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Horror/Sci-Fi regional is bugging the heck out of me! I am skipping it for a while longer so I can think more about the matchups. That regional feels to me like the Western regional probably feels to @cowboyec . :laugh:

Yeah. Yeah. It is all my fault for putting movies of the same genre or two different genres within the same region together. :rolleyes: I blame myself. And cowboyec. And @CouchCoach . :D

Status
Not open for further replies.