Cowher in 2008?

proline

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing BP hang on one more season, then turn the throne over to Bill Cowher after he's had his one year hiatus. Bill's a successful coach, understands the 3-4, has been involved in amazingly successful drafts during his career, and coaches with FIRE!

I forget the exact stats on the Steelers drafts, but I think last year something like 19 of their 22 starters were drafted by them.

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
proline;1299444 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing BP hang on one more season, then turn the throne over to Bill Cowher after he's had his one year hiatus. Bill's a successful coach, understands the 3-4, has been involved in amazingly successful drafts during his career, and coaches with FIRE!

I forget the exact stats on the Steelers drafts, but I think last year something like 19 of their 22 starters were drafted by them.

So we're just going to go thru the motions next year and wait for another coach to take us to the promise land.

In all due respect, "I Don't Think So."

smoovb

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1299459 said:
So we're just going to go thru the motions next year and wait for another coach to take us to the promise land.

Amen!

NickZepp

Reaction score
If Cowher comes in next year I don't know if we win a super bowl. I think Cowher would be great in 08 if Parcels were to step down. I just don't think Jones makes the hire because he would rather have a puppet as a head coach.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
NickZepp;1299473 said:
If Cowher comes in next year I don't know if we win a super bowl. I think Cowher would be great in 08 if Parcels were to step down. I just don't think Jones makes the hire because he would rather have a puppet as a head coach.

yeah, you can just see those strings with Parcells right?

:rolleyes:

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
proline;1299444 said:

by the way put me down as a "NO" on Cowher...he had a nice run last yr through the AFC but if not for some truly bad officiating, he still wouldnt have a championship...he has a nice run of getting to the playoffs, but usually doesnt have much success when he gets there and his career is dotted with home playoff losses...to me thats a sign of bad coaching when you cant win home playoff game...then there is the whole Kordell Stewart junk, anybody that believed this guy was an NFL QB has questionable judgement IMO

David

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
dbair1967;1299483 said:
by the way put me down as a "NO" on Cowher...he had a nice run last yr through the AFC but if not for some truly bad officiating, he still wouldnt have a championship...he has a nice run of getting to the playoffs, but usually doesnt have much success when he gets there and his career is dotted with home playoff losses...to me thats a sign of bad coaching when you cant win home playoff game...then there is the whole Kordell Stewart junk, anybody that believed this guy was an NFL QB has questionable judgement IMO

David

:hammer:

Marty, Jr.- His playoff choking is legendary. I wonder though if he might not have been handicapped somewhat by the Rooney's cheapness and unwillingness to pay for quality free agents (theirs and other team's). They always draft well, but have always had great GMs too. I think Cowher is a good, but certainly not great head coach. We need to find a younger, hungrier type-not retreads or retards like we have been getting. I would prefer someone out of college with maybe a little pro assistant coaching experience.

Concord

Mr. Buckeye
Reaction score
dbair1967;1299480 said:
yeah, you can just see those strings with Parcells right?

:rolleyes:

David

I know really. With the other Head Coaches yes...But not with Parcells.

Ratmatt

Reaction score
Would totally be interested in Cowher,don't think he will end up here,but would be interested.

proline

Reaction score
sandtrapp;1299459 said:

In all due respect, where did I say any of the things you said?????

I'd love to see us be competitive next year and win the Super Bowl. I just think that if Parcells stays another year (we'll have to wait and see), I doubt if he would stay for two more years. I think that he may want to give it one more year, which would bring us to 2008 before we are in need of a new coach.

alancdc

Reaction score
proline;1299444 said:

Ironically, had Cowher not won the SB last year his legacy just might be losing what, 4 HOME AFC Championship games? I am an NC State guy so I do like Cowher it is just wild how that one win get's him off the hook. Incidentally, speaking of last years Super Bowl. I think that the NFL felt so badly about the officiating againsts the Seahawks to make it up to them they secretly let them put in a ball that was dunked in petroleum jelly!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If Dallas is looking for a coach in 08 I would have no issue at all with Cowher. The man is a very good coach who for the most part has put a good teams out on the field and competed at a top level.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
alancdc;1300831 said:
Ironically, had Cowher not won the SB last year his legacy just might be losing what, 4 HOME AFC Championship games? I am an NC State guy so I do like Cowher it is just wild how that one win get's him off the hook. Incidentally, speaking of last years Super Bowl. I think that the NFL felt so badly about the officiating againsts the Seahawks to make it up to them they secretly let them put in a ball that was dunked in petroleum jelly!

So why didn't it slip when Ladouceur snapped it? :)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
proline;1299444 said:

1000% agreement!!!

NickZepp

Reaction score
Cowher would be better then Chan Gailey or Dave Campo. Probably better then Switzer too although Switz did beat him in 95.

You won't win a SB every year with any coach. But with a Cowher he can put you in competition to win a lot of games 8 out of 10 years. Which is better then what we've done the last 10 years.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Cowher does choke in the playoffs but if you want a guy that has won SBs, then other than say Cowher or Mumbles if he were available, not that many out there to fit the bill so to speak.

alancdc

Reaction score
NickZepp;1300921 said:
Cowher would be better then Chan Gailey or Dave Campo. Probably better then Switzer too although Switz did beat him in 95.

You won't win a SB every year with any coach. But with a Cowher he can put you in competition to win a lot of games 8 out of 10 years. Which is better then what we've done the last 10 years.

They were so good in 95 they won it DESPITE Big BAD BARRY!

Spectre

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls do you guys think these people have in them?