Video: Cowher on Jerry Jones & Cowboys

SWG9

Reaction score
Damn. That was brutal. I'm glad he said what all the Cowboys fans know.

Not all of us...

Curious what the dialogue is like on the secret superfan message board right now...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score

and *THAT* is why coach Cowher and any other coach with self-respect will *NOT* go to Dallas. The only guys that WANT to coach in Dallas are guys that are SO desperate for a head coaching job that they think they can accept and handle Jerry' s meddling.

SWG9

Reaction score
I said the same thing a while back, possibly as far as when Wade was around.

Wade handled the DC job and Jason handled the OC duties. They both report to Jerry so that makes Jerry...........

Now Monte handles the defense and who even knows who handles the offense. It could be a hot dog vendor for all we really know and whole collective reports to Jerry.

Also, this should quiet down the rumor mill a bit regarding Cowher being the next coach. He has withdrawn his application for good.

Common sense really. In what world does the owner hire assistants before hiring the executive??

ohiocowboysfan25

Reaction score
That guy sitting there with Cohwer may be the most annoying sports talking head I have ever seen.

And that is saying something.

I think that's Adam Schein and he does not like the cowboys at all. I think he's a NY media guy so you know how that goes also. He use to be on sirius nfl radio and i'd turn it off most days because his voice just annoyed me most of the time.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
But you know what happened with Parcells, right? Jerry let him buy the groceries until Jerry got the shopping itch again. Then he went to get T.O., then he started wanting to shop Publix and Wal-Mart and Giants and Krogers and Piggly Wiggly and Parcells I'm out of here.

Jerry even said he's not going to let any coach do the shopping anymore so, again, no self-respecting coach is going to want to come here.

Jerry aint giving up that control any more.
There's still a piggly wiggly?

links18

Reaction score
Anyone else hear Troy awkwardly imply that Jerry was calling the shots on the field in regards to forcing Kiffin to blitz? He tried to walk it back, but then Buck jumped in calling Jerry "Defensive Coordinator Jones."

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
What bugs me about this is it gives Garrett an out. For all the Red lovers who say he has more input than people think.,..you can't make excuses now. If he has any power than he is helping the offense. Heck, he took back over. It goes through him. I couldn't stand Kubiak in Houston but he never threw the QB under the bus despite being a bad coach overall. Garrett wasn't afraid to throw Romo under the bus. The Teflon Red act is ridiculous. He is the coach and despite Cowher saying many true things, Red runs the team gametime and is outcoached often.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Anyone else hear Troy awkwardly imply that Jerry was calling the shots on the field in regards to forcing Kiffin to blitz? He tried to walk it back, but then Buck jumped in calling Jerry "Defensive Coordinator Jones."

Duh. Jerry said it in the post game last week.

Blitz or else.

We came out running zone blitzes and sending scandrick right from the start.

This is not hard to understand. Jerry is the guy in charge.

In a few weeks Zimmer will take Garrett's place. He will be an angry alter ego version of Garrett, but still be a pushover. What's that Jerry you traded the whole draft for a wr....well ok...umm...thanks for the 3 million dollar salary no one else will give me.....go get em Jerry.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
We aren't America's team anymore. America's Punchline.

Yep.

The whole country is loving watching what happened today.

And the number one reason? The jones family. I don't even think people dislike romo, they just love that they have a guy to blame all if Jerry's mistakes on.

It's frigging shame.

StylisticS

Reaction score
Bingo!

For anyone still claiming that "Jerry can get anyone he wants to coach his team, we're America's Team". Look no further than this video to see the truth of how Jerry Jones and this team are truly viewed.

You just got honesty there. Not the usual polished-up PC junk.

Yep. We are headed in an era of this is Jerry's last chance and he knows it. He hates the future in from of him and he reacts to it. He is going to have to rebuild around a new core and a new qb sooner than later and he knows it. It's coming in at least three years if not sooner. Any self respecting coach that wants to actually be a coach will not consider the Cowboys. Only puppets and push overs. He makes decisions from a panic state which is why we went with an outdated coordinator playing an outdated scheme with players that are not fit for it. This is Jerry's reality but his ego gets in his way.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep. We are headed in an era of this is Jerry's last chance and he knows it. He hates the future in from of him and he reacts to it. He is going to have to rebuild around a new core and a new qb sooner than later and he knows it. It's coming in at least three years if not sooner. Any self respecting coach that wants to actually be a coach will not consider the Cowboys. Only puppets and push overs. He makes decisions from a panic state which is why we went with an outdated coordinator playing an outdated scheme with players that are not fit for it. This is Jerry's reality but his ego gets in his way.

We're headed down the Al Davis route.

Towards the end, he couldn't get real head coaches either.

SJRTX

Reaction score
and *THAT* is why coach Cowher and any other coach with self-respect will *NOT* go to Dallas. The only guys that WANT to coach in Dallas are guys that are SO desperate for a head coaching job that they think they can accept and handle Jerry' s meddling.

Yup.... The only exception since the Jimmy era is just one man. And he took off as soon as Jerry started being Jerry. So we either stuck with guys that no one else wants, or strike gold with an up and comer, as long as Jerry is willing to let him do his job.

So essentially, were screwed lol

Keifer

Reaction score
I think that's Adam Schein and he does not like the cowboys at all. I think he's a NY media guy so you know how that goes also. He use to be on sirius nfl radio and i'd turn it off most days because his voice just annoyed me most of the time.

Yeah I cant stand to listen to him either.
Besides his annoying voice, nobody taught him how to pronounce the letter T. You can only listen talk about Pey un Manning so many times before its time to change the channel.