Video: Cowherd comments on Smith signing

lukin2006

Reaction score
I have no problem with Smith upping early. Smith is literally the right kind of guy. He proved me wrong. I thought Smith was a wasted pick, glad to be wrong on that one. LOL.

JBond

Reaction score
That may be true but I don't know how many other NFL owners would have done the same. Jerry has his flaws but he is famous (infamous) for sticking by his players. How many owners would have said good riddance to Randy Gregory by now? I'm not saying that Jerry had Zeke's well-being at heart when he did what he did, but he at least did it for the team and the sake of winning, kind of the opposite of holding out for a few more than the $10m you've been offered. Every dime Zeke demands comes out of his teammates' pockets. Every dollar Zeke gets paid is a dollar the team can't use to retain other players. Zeke can hold out for all the money he wants, but the idea that he's "just doing business" while Jerry doesn't give a damn about winning is a joke.

In my mind, for whatever reason, Jerry went to the mat for Zeke and Zeke is paying him back by (listening to a stupid agent) being a selfish baby. But the suspension stuff isn't even my gripe with Zeke. First of all, I think he picked a bad agent. Rocky seems to be of the opinion that holding out with two years left on his contract was a good strategy for "negotiating" with Jerry Jones, and now he's painted his client into a corner. Having no other recourse, he goes all pubescent and plays the "disrespect" card, which highly is laughable. First of all, seriously? Secondly, grow some fricking skin. And third, if you care about respect, maybe don't run off to Cabo as you skip camp. You could tell from pressers and interviews that that hit Jerry hard. Running back down there because Jerry joked about him not being in camp proves the point.
100%

JBond

Reaction score
I have no problem with Smith upping early. Smith is literally the right kind of guy. He proved me wrong. I thought Smith was a wasted pick, glad to be wrong on that one. LOL.
Yep... me too.

JBond

Reaction score
Jerry CAN play hardball if he chooses.
Days missed: 18
Practices missed: 12
Preseason games missed: 2

The Cowboys can fine Elliott up to $40,000 a day if they choose. That puts the maximum fine at $720,000 at this point. And some of our fanbase comments how stupid Jerry was to make the comment, "Zeke Who". :rolleyes:
38kap4.gif

:clap:
Excellent summary by all.