Video: Cowherd: Cowboys will be average

cowboyed

Reaction score
And he is not "wrong" there is nothing to deny our mediocrity as a team for the past 20+ years.. or reality has been this for a while.. an average team that was once great

We have had one of the best drafts, been lauded for our free agent acquisitions. We have a Superbowl caliber, highly experienced head coach and coaching staff. Not that we should be satisfied, and (3) 90's Super Bowl wins aside, even under Garrett we have had a few non-mediocre seasons. Yes, we have been average or mediocre more often than not in 20+ years but not the entire span to date. A number of teams who have become elite and even gone to and won the Super Bowl took many years to get there. So I do believe we have more than a chance not to be mediocre this coming season.

Just my opinion, and I respect yours. I believe we have more cause to be optimistic with the fundamental changes that transpired during the off-season.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
And he is not "wrong" there is nothing to deny our mediocrity as a team for the past 20+ years.. or reality has been this for a while.. an average team that was once great
I get that! But there are some in this forum that I would guess have been predicting the Cowboys to be in the SB for the last 20+ years. LOL it seems every year we have fans thumping their chest that the Cowboys are great when they havent done a thing.

cowboyed

Reaction score
I get that! But there are some in this forum that I would guess have been predicting the Cowboys to be in the SB for the last 20+ years. LOL it seems every year we have fans thumping their chest that the Cowboys are great when they havent done a thing.

Hope springs eternal and most fans remain devoted to the Cowboys whether they win or lose or not make the playoffs each season. With all this off-season coaching and player personnel moves there is realistic cause to be more optimistic about our prospects not only to have a better winning regular season but get into the post season and be competitive.

CapnB

Reaction score
I'm ashamed there was a time in my life where it mattered what people like Cowshmurd said about the cowboys. Thank god i broke those chains.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Drink the koolaide Cowboy fans. Super Bowl or bust. Lol

maxresdefault.jpg.cf.jpg

Jipper

Reaction score
This guy is the yes means no no means yes predictor....saying we’re gonna be average means SB!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If looking at the overall results for 20+ years, you are right. But that isn't the topic. The topic is an individual season, and there have been individual seasons over the last 20+ years where the team was easily better than mediocre.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I like CC. I think he is a smart guy. He is wrong here. He is not a Dak fan, at all. He has said it many times. This roster is not “average”. The coaching staff is a major upgrade. The OL is much better than he is giving it credit for. The OL is not old.

cern

Reaction score
cowherd is but another of the blatherboyz.