Video: Cowherd: Cowboys will be average

cern

Reaction score
All preseason predictions- whether on this site or in a publication or on a broadcast- are completely worthless. All that matters are results.

I believe every team in the NFL is either overrated or underrated this time of year. Cowboys included. We won’t know what kind of team we will have this season until at least 4 games have been played.
as many the wise analyst has said in the past, everyone's record is 0-0 when the season starts.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
How do you gain viewership? 1st you try to piss off the largest fanbase in the League. SAS has made a living off of it.

These West Coast/East Coast broadcasters have nothing good for a Texas team. Just plain how it is and that's OK with me. Wouldn't pee on 'em if they were on fire.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
I'm really want to be optimistic. Especially since Garret is done here. But we here have been sucked in by the rose colored glasses crowd so many times in the last 24 years . I am leery about this season, my heart has been deceived sooo many times.

There are some good reasons to be high on the team this year but for now am in the Show Me crowd.

As always though.....Gooooooooooooo Cowboys. Man I love this team

Reaction score
Cowboys were 8-8 last year.
I'll give the team 1 win for a better coaching staff.
I'll give them another win for better special teams.

That's 10-6.

It's possible they can do better than that, but I'm not counting on it. As soon as this team has success and starts reading their headlines, they poop the bed. It's what drives me most crazy about this team.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's right until proven wrong...we haven't sniffed a title in 25 years. He could argue best line, best rb, improved Defense, QB playing for contract, etc but the guy is tired of being burned

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You may as well drop the sarcasm.

Garrett isn't coming back.
Of course he’s not coming back. The Cowboys have been saved.
maxresdefault.jpg.cf.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guide to trying to keep your ratings from the gutter on Fox Sports 1.

1. Talk about Cowboys
2. Rile up Cowboy fans.
3. Predict Cowboys will suck.
4. Talk about how overrated the talent is.
5. Hype up the Eagles
6. Make bold prediction about the Cowboys.
7. Mention how they haven't won anything in the past 25 years.
8. Talk about 8-8.
9. Bring up Dak's flaws.
10. Talk about Jerry.

You guys take his bait every single time.

And pretend it never happened a month from now.

That's what Cowherd does, and what he will inevitably do again this year.

Darkhound

Reaction score
If looking at the overall results for 20+ years, you are right. But that isn't the topic. The topic is an individual season, and there have been individual seasons over the last 20+ years where the team was easily better than mediocre.
Of course... there have been VERY GOOD seasons in that time span but the "constant" is we have been mediocre and we need to change that constant and turn it around to make loosing or bad seasons the "rare thing" We need to accept htat we have been a JOKE.... and this is were some of us fans dont agree and dont see eye to eye

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's right until proven wrong...we haven't sniffed a title in 25 years. He could argue best line, best rb, improved Defense, QB playing for contract, etc but the guy is tired of being burned
He's neither right or wrong at this point. It's just a prediction. The fact we haven't won a Super Bowl in 25 years doesn't suggest the team will be average. Of course, we've had teams over those 25 years that were average, but we've had others below, and even well below average, and others well above average, so when predicting an individual season there is no standard to go by.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'm actually really happy that several of these national guys have come out downplaying Dallas. The Cowboys have a tendency to eat the cheese and I think it comes from the top. I would much rather have the media talking about how great Dallas is after the super bowl than before game 1.

So, thank you Cowherd!!! Keep it up! Please do an hour long special on just how pathetic the Cowboys are.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course... there have been VERY GOOD seasons in that time span but the "constant" is we have been mediocre and we need to change that constant and turn it around to make loosing or bad seasons the "rare thing" We need to accept htat we have been a JOKE.... and this is were some of us fans dont agree and dont see eye to eye

Of course we need to turn things around and be more of a SB contender (and be a SB winner). I'm just talking about the context of the topic, and a general overview of the last 25 years does not give an indication of what an individual season will look like. Individual seasons over those 25 years range for very bad, to average, to well above average.

Darkhound

Reaction score
Each season is indepdendant of course... but I truly deeply believe in my heart that the CLAPPER made those last 10 years more miserable

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
This take is assuming the Cowboys haven't improved from last year. They were average last year. If they are average this year then we were sold a bill of goods on McCarthy being a difference maker.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with what he said. I mean, if you listened to the piece, he basically bases his opinion on schedule. He also looks at the situation and sees that we have a lot of new Coaches, a significant amount of turnover on the roster in areas and a completely new Coaching Staff and scheme. Put that together with a compromised off season and he comes in with the opinion he states.

He could be right.....

phildadon86

Reaction score
I don’t mind this.. Everywhere I look people are picking Dallas to go to the Super Bowl.

Even ESPNs computer picked us.

If there is 1 thing I know about Dallas players is that a little bit of regular season success will cause them to check out.. The Cowboys have been terrible with handling success.
Under Garrett yes.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He's neither right or wrong at this point. It's just a prediction. The fact we haven't won a Super Bowl in 25 years doesn't suggest the team will be average. Of course, we've had teams over those 25 years that were average, but we've had others below, and even well below average, and others well above average, so when predicting an individual season there is no standard to go by.

Nobody is right or wrong at this point...It's more opinion after constantly buying the pre-season hype for years. 25 years of not winning a SB does suggest many things to different people. I'm all in no matter what but my expectations are in check with reality, I hope to be pleasantly surprised.